[2.0.7] Announces Suite

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
44%
Very Good
26%
Good
11%
Fair
5%
Poor
14%

Total votes: 84

xmenfile

Re: [2.0.7] Announces Suite (solved)

Post by xmenfile »

Hi,

I installed it successfull, but there 1 little tiny thing that I want to be done. Is there any feature or way how to make announcement shows on index and every category?

Thank you,
eym0

Re: [2.0.7] Announces Suite

Post by eym0 »

Sheldon469 wrote:So is this the lates version of this mod for download?

I would like to add this to my board. Thanks.
this is the version i used and so far i know the latest - but there is a newer tool from the author! http://ptifo.clanmckeen.com/ :arrow: just take a look at his site and search for the needed info :mrgreen:
"Playfully doing something difficult, whether useful or not, that is hacking." [rms]
kellso

Re:

Post by kellso »

Brilliant enough for me!!! :D I just wanted to let you know, your edit solved all my problems. Thanks so much! To anybody out there, I would not recommend using easymod to install the open/close/paste part of part 1. Do that part yourself, then cut that part out of the MOD-announces-part1.txt document (save original - you know the drill). I still had to manually install one or two database fields after that, but manually entering the open/close/paste part of the install removed most of the problems. Part 2 worked without a hitch, if I remember right.
03swalker wrote: Sorry it's not exactly brilliant. There are several other mods install ed aswell. phpbb 2.0.21 it is running. I used this fix mentioned in the topic and it worked fine:

Code: Select all

#
#---[ OPEN ]--------------
#
posting.php
#
#---[ FIND ]------------------
#
$topic_type = ( in_array($topic_type, array(POST_NORMAL, POST_STICKY, POST_ANNOUNCE)) ) ? $topic_type : POST_NORMAL;
#
#---[ REPLACE WITH ]-----------------
#
//--- mod : Announces suite ----------------------------
//-- delete
/*
$topic_type = ( in_array($topic_type, array(POST_NORMAL, POST_STICKY, POST_ANNOUNCE)) ) ? $topic_type : POST_NORMAL;
*/
//-- add
$topic_type = ( in_array($topic_type, array(POST_NORMAL, POST_STICKY, POST_ANNOUNCE, POST_GLOBAL_ANNOUNCE)) ) ? $topic_type : POST_NORMAL;
//--- fin mod : Announces suite ------------------------

#
#---[ OPEN ]--------------
#
includes/functions_announces.php
#
#---[ FIND ]------------------
#
find:
if (!empty($tree_forum_ids))
{
$sql_where .=
#
#---[ REPLACE WITH ]-----------------
#
if (!empty($tree_forum_ids))
{
// $sql_where .=
//--- fin mod : Announces suite ------------------------
MapleShilc

Re: [2.0.7] Announces Suite

Post by MapleShilc »

after i install this in to phpbb 2.0.23 my whole index turned white, what should i do to fix it? i cant seem to find the problem

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”