[2.0.7] Announces Suite

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
44%
Very Good
26%
Good
11%
Fair
5%
Poor
14%

Total votes: 84

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

[2.0.7] Announces Suite

Post by Extensions Robot »

MOD Name: Announces Suite
Author: Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr
MOD Description: This mod allows you to display the announces from the forum on the index page, and above the forum pages for the announce coming from forums of the same categories. It adds also a duration to each announcement, and global announcement.

MOD Version: 3.0.2a (Updated 04/09/04)

Download File: mod-announces-302a.zip
mods overview page: View
File Size: 80587 Bytes

Security Score:
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 »

Again, this MOD was not thoroughly validated, but we are make a one-time exception.

-Nuttzy :cool:

Edit: It has been thoroughly validated now as of version 3.0.2a - wGEric
SpellingCow.com - Free spell check service for your forums or any web form!
No Support via PM please!
ravan

Post by ravan »

When installing this mod with EasyMOD on 2.0.6 I get :

"Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [admin/admin_forumauth.php] could not find:

// View Read Post
"

:cry:

Plain board but with hierarchy categories and flags MODs installed
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Important notice for phpBB 2.0.18 users

Code: Select all

#
#---[ OPEN ]--------------
#
posting.php
#
#---[ FIND ]------------------
#
$topic_type = ( in_array($topic_type, array(POST_NORMAL, POST_STICKY, POST_ANNOUNCE)) ) ? $topic_type : POST_NORMAL;
#
#---[ REPLACE WITH ]-----------------
#
//--- mod : Announces suite ----------------------------
//-- delete
/*
$topic_type = ( in_array($topic_type, array(POST_NORMAL, POST_STICKY, POST_ANNOUNCE)) ) ? $topic_type : POST_NORMAL;
*/
//-- add
$topic_type = ( in_array($topic_type, array(POST_NORMAL, POST_STICKY, POST_ANNOUNCE, POST_GLOBAL_ANNOUNCE)) ) ? $topic_type : POST_NORMAL;
//--- fin mod : Announces suite ------------------------
Last edited by Ptirhiik on Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
metalhedd

Post by metalhedd »

when Installing this mod with easymod 1.0.6 I got no errors but after executing steps 1,2 and 3, (4 didn't apply to my situation)steps 2 and 3 remained on the list of easymod's uninstalled mods.

Otherwise they seemed to all execute perfectly, and I manually exectued the SQL Successfully using phpmyadmin. My ACP Now has a screen like this:

what do I do here? pardon my ignorance if this is the wrong forum for this. it seems appropriate. :)

Cheers,
Andre
It's a poodle.. Put it on 'delecate'
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Your forget to copy a lang_extend_mods_settings.php.
ravan

Post by ravan »

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: With which part ? The one where it is mention "Install this one if you don't have Categories hierarchy v 2.0.4 or greater" ? :mrgreen:

MOD Data
MOD Title: Announces Suite - Part 1 (required for all setups) 3.0.2 MOD-announces-part1.txt

The very first part (And I do have Categories hierarchy installed, remember my newbie questions in that thread a day ago? ;) )

So the install died at line 515 or so - does that mean half the files were changed from part 1? Any way to at least undo and go back as was? Or even better get it to work? Thank ! ;)
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Can you tell me in this part where you find any reference to "admin/admin_forumauth.php" ?
ravan

Post by ravan »

in MOD-announces-part1.txt I see (from line 505):
#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------------
#
admin/admin_forumauth.php
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------
#
<?php
#
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------
#
//-- mod : announces -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#
#
# this is a partial search : the full line is longer
#
// View Read Post
#
#-----[ BEFORE, ADD ]-----------------------------------------
#
//-- mod : announces -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// here we added for each row a new column for global announcement filled with auth_admin
// and add Global Ann in the comment header
//-- modify
#
#-----[ IN-LINE FIND ]----------------------------------------
#
Vote
#
#-----[ IN-LINE BEFORE, ADD ]---------------------------------
#
Global Ann
#
#
# this is a partial search : the full line is longer
#
0 => array(AUTH_ALL
#
#-----[ IN-LINE FIND ]----------------------------------------
#
, AUTH_REG, AUTH_REG),
#
#-----[ IN-LINE BEFORE, ADD ]---------------------------------
..... goes on

In admin_forumauth.php I dont see any references to view read post
etc at all.

This is running on Windows 2k if it makes a difference.

I do have a reference to the mods hierarcy installed in the admin_forumauth.php at the end :
//-- mod : categories hierarchy --------------------------------------------------------------------

//-- delete

// $switch_mode = append_sid("admin_forumauth.$phpEx?" . POST_FORUM_URL . "=" . $forum_id . "&adv=". $adv_mode);

//-- add

$switch_mode = append_sid("admin_forumauth.$phpEx?" . POST_FORUM_URL . "=f" . $forum_id . "&adv=". $adv_mode);

//-- fin mod : categories hierarchy ----------------------------------------------------------------

$switch_mode_text = ( empty($adv) ) ? $lang['Advanced_mode'] : $lang['Simple_mode'];

$u_switch_mode = '<a href="' . $switch_mode . '">' . $switch_mode_text . '</a>';

//-- mod : categories hierarchy --------------------------------------------------------------------
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

What's that crap : this is not the good version of the pack :| : take it there till I resubmit it grmpf.
Cross_+_Flame

Post by Cross_+_Flame »

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: What's that crap : this is not the good version of the pack :| : take it there till I resubmit it grmpf.

While I value your mods, I do think this new policy of allowing mods from established authors without thorough review is showing its effects...

:(
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Feel free to join the team and to involve all of your times in the process of validation. Meanwhile, you can keep this kind of very rude comments to yourself, thanks.
Cross_+_Flame

Post by Cross_+_Flame »

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: Feel free to join the team and to involve all of your times in the process of validation. Meanwhile, you can keep this kind of very rude comments to yourself, thanks.

Sorry for the perceived insult, Ptirhiik. I think you will see by this post here that I meant no disrespect; rather, I hold you in the highest regard. :oops:
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

There you are unrespectfull : towards myself, what I could accomodate with, and toward the mod team, what I can't :evil: . Also, if you have only a little involve in this validation process, you will have notice the issue encounter by this user is in any case a problem linked to the mod on a vanilia phpBB, which is perfectly installable, but on a phpBB already modified with categories hierarchy, and the "good" pack is only a split of the current one available on this topic to avoid this issue during installation. There, you are just a morron.
Cross_+_Flame

Post by Cross_+_Flame »

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: There you are unrespectfull : towards myself, what I could accomodate with, and toward the mod team, what I can't :evil: . Also, if you have only a little involve in this validation process, you will have notice the issue encounter by this user is in any case a problem linked to the mod on a vanilia phpBB, which is perfectly installable, but on a phpBB already modified with categories hierarchy, and the "good" pack is only a split of the current one available on this topic to avoid this issue during installation. There, you are just a morron.

you are quite correct, I am unaware of the specific issues with the categories modification and this announcement suite. If that makes me a morron in your book, then I accept that.

As far as my post I referenced being disrespectful, I wrote it several times with specific mindset of it not bashing the mod team; I have nothing but respect for them and the time they put in. I was merely questioning a perceived changed in policy that I found troubling. There is no disrespect in asking a respectful question.

Thank you for your time and consideration, Ptirhiik. I do apologize for any perceived insult to you or the mod team, as that is not my intent in any way.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”