[2.0.7] Announces Suite

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
44%
Very Good
26%
Good
11%
Fair
5%
Poor
14%

Total votes: 84

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:17 pm

Cross_+_Flame wrote: (../..)I am unaware of the specific issues with the categories modification and this announcement suite.(../..)
You are unware the work the team developp, and I have only had a touch myself, I didn't see the bottom of the iceberg. If you wouldl ever be part of the team, you would perhaps be able to talk about "change of policy", "loose of quality", and other things of the same kind. Till this time, you will better have to stay down, and think 7 times before committing such stupid posts.

Cross_+_Flame

Post by Cross_+_Flame » Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:26 pm

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: You are unware the work the team developp, and I have only had a touch myself, I didn't see the bottom of the iceberg. If you wouldl ever be part of the team, you would perhaps be able to talk about "change of policy", "loose of quality", and other things of the same kind. Till this time, you will better have to stay down, and think 7 times before committing such stupid posts.

Thank you for your comments, perhaps I will sit back and watch rather than ask questions and provide feedback to the team.

I apologize for hijacking your thread, as this conversation was obviously a waste of your time.

Thank you.

ravan

Post by ravan » Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:32 pm

Sorry to interrupt the flaming here....

Ptirhiik - just wanted to thank you for all the great work! Love your
mods - keep 'em coming ;)

I think releasing mods before review is a justifiable act with the long processing times. This is all work done by great people on a voluntary basis and very good work I might add..

We all have to go through some troubles and usually come out just
fine on the other end..

And now for my question - can i just grab the version you linked for me above and reinstall? or do i need to undo the partial install that err'ed out somehow?

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:56 pm

I think you just have installed the mod yet : as mentioned, the part that cause you trouble doesn't need to be installed with categories hierarchy, and has been splitted in the good pack to another part to prevent to run it. As you have already modify the def_auth.php to add the auth field and its descro, all is done :).

ravan

Post by ravan » Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:58 pm

My concern was that line 515 is only half way through the part 1 and that a lot probably wasnt done, so I wasnt sure if I needed to run the last part of part 1 or the whole thing or none.

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:03 pm

If you are using easymod as adviced, yet nothing has been done from the part 1, so you can use the good one. If you feel more comfortable with restarting from the beginning of the mod, easymod keeps in the mod directory a backup of all files modified before modification : you can restore those (don't forget to drop the .txt at the end) to find back the board before the start of the installation.

madnessmotors

Post by madnessmotors » Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:55 pm

Is there a demo of this in action?

Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 » Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:02 pm

Ptirhiik, do I understand correctly that this is a better version that folks should be downloading? If so I can change the download link. Just let me know.

-Nuttzy :cool:
SpellingCow.com - Free spell check service for your forums or any web form!
No Support via PM please!

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:20 am

Yep, the install description (not the code) is slightly different for this version (same version by the way) : for a better compliancy with other mods of mine, some instructions has been splitted to a seperate part ("install this only if you have such mod installed"). I had resubmitted the good pack into the moddb.

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:22 am

A demo board is settled at http://rpgnet.clanmckeen.com/demo

ravan

Post by ravan » Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:22 am

Ok - great job on the new package - part 1 installs with no errors - then I try and run the unprocessed SQL statements from myphpadmin (my tables are prefixed with daphpbb btw) and get this error:

Database danish running on localhost
Error

SQL-query :

SQL line ALTER TABLE daphpbb_topics ADD topic_announce_duration MEDIUMINT( 5 ) NOT NULL

MySQL said:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'SQL line ALTER TABLE daphpbb_topics ADD topic_announce_durat
[Documentation] · [Back]

mySQL version is 4

ravan

Post by ravan » Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:29 am

ok not sure what the problem was- I ran the statements individually and it worked.. strange.

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:59 am

This is because you added in front of the request : "SQL line" :)

ravan

Post by ravan » Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:50 am

I was tired - thats my excuse and I'm sticking too it! :P

All is working - thanks for the help! Now on to the next one ;)

speedycheater

Post by speedycheater » Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:15 am

URGENT: PROBLEMS WITH INSTALLATION ON LIVE BOARD!

I installed everything according to your directions, but I get the following error on several pages:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/hpage/public_html/p/neoncage/phpBB2/includes/functions_post.php:865) in /home2/hpage/public_html/p/neoncage/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 560

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/hpage/public_html/p/neoncage/phpBB2/includes/functions_post.php:865) in /home2/hpage/public_html/p/neoncage/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 562

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/hpage/public_html/p/neoncage/phpBB2/includes/functions_post.php:865) in /home2/hpage/public_html/p/neoncage/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 563

Any Help? This is on a live board, so I need help ASAP if possible!
-Speedycheater

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”