[2.0.7] Announces Suite

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
44%
Very Good
26%
Good
11%
Fair
5%
Poor
14%

Total votes: 84

ontiblue.com

Post by ontiblue.com » Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:31 pm

and what is this...

"full mods settings mod"

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:14 pm

Well, I don't know what clarify in "copy dir/file to dir/file" :?:

ontiblue.com

Post by ontiblue.com » Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:16 pm

Did my question have anything to do with that?...no, stop being a smart ass...I was asking about the for different install files, and no, those are NOT very clear. Sorry for asking how to fix my forum.

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:26 pm

The smart ass kisses you :). Just kiddin' (at least I am just kidding, you doesn't seem).
Yes, your question was
Can you tell which files are missing?...
And the response is : all is detailled in the mod install descriptions.

Really, all is explained in the author notes : quoted from part 1, also present in each part:
## o Part 1 is common to all versions
## o Part 2 is required if you haven't Split topic type v2 installed
## o Part 3 is required if you haven't Categories hierarchy v 2.0.4 or greater
## o Part 4 is required if you have Categories hierarchy v 2.0.4 or greater
##
## o users can choose their prefered setup (required full mods settings mod to be installed).
## Admin can also choose to override the users choice for each setup parameter.

Really, I don't know how to explain this better : I assume you know at least what mods you have already installed on your board. If no, I strongly advice you to first do the inventory of them, and possibly restarting from scratch with a clean phpBB and reinstall known stuff only.

compukeith

Post by compukeith » Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:35 pm

I'm not sure how, as I very carefully followed the instructions, but I must have screwed up my install majorly. I get errors on almost every page of my forum.

Since I have very little up so far and am only testing it before uploading it to my site, should I just start over from scratch? I'll loose about 2-3 weeks of work, but it took me a long time insert the code into my site before I found out about EasyMod.

Thanks,
Keith
Visit my site.

Gratch

Forum Announcements

Post by Gratch » Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:05 pm

All looks good and works fine EXCEPT...

I can't get the forum announcements to display anything above the forum like it does on the index page. Announcements get displayed in the forum topic listings like they originally did. I think this is a feature built into the mod and correct me if I'm wrong.

I have {BOARD_ANNOUNCES} placed where I want it to be on viewforum_body.tpl and the rest of the mod appears to work just fine.

The settings in Config + are set to yes for Display board announcements on forums. I tried both with user override set to yes/no and messed with every combo for reg user settings when override set to no.

I had to do a full install because I didn't have any of the other mods installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)
-- Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand. --

Gratch

Re: Forum Announcements

Post by Gratch » Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:57 am

Um... looks like I had it working all the time and just didn't understand how it was supposed to work.

GREAT MOD!!!

One simple little question...

What does the
Split announcement type in the board announcement box
do?

This mod is perfect for what I was looking for. I've set up a forum that only the admins can post to called, you guessed it... Announcements. I then have those announcements displayed on the index page above the forum listing. Works as a sorta whats new/announcement system for the site.

The addition of global announcements is cool too so you can see the same announcement across all forums either inline or seperate from each site forum.

Well done and complete with clever little comment tags. I look forward to seeing more of your work. :)

Cheers

Cheers
Last edited by Gratch on Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Sat Feb 07, 2004 2:55 am

The split announcement in the board announcement board will add a line separating global from normal announces in the board box. This is to keep the same looking-feel that the one coming with the Split topic type mod :).

justmetoo

Post by justmetoo » Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:35 am

if you change the status of an ordinary post into an 'announcement' would it be posted on the index like a newly posted announcement??/

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Sat Feb 07, 2004 12:53 pm

It depends if you want it or not :) : if you set no duration or not expired, it will be display. If you set a duration expired, it won't.

Benworld

Hi

Post by Benworld » Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:33 pm

I have allready the Global Annoucement MOD from
http://mods.db9.dk/viewforum.php?f=8&si ... 2799b01696

Does your MOD work with ? because i have try to install it, but many string are already present on my board.

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:37 pm

The global annoucement existing will be recognized, but not the auths : you will have to remake them (global ann. auth is set to admin level per default). Note that global announces will follow the auths of the forum where they are posted. So if you post the announcement in a private forum, it will be seen only by the users having the right to read it (they will see it in all forums though).

Benworld

Hi again

Post by Benworld » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:30 am

Ok, thank to you.

But i have de installed my Global Mod to put corectly your's.

It seem to work great !!

But i have one qquestion. I don't understand :

Announces Suite - Part 3 & Announces Suite - Part 4

because when i installed it (the right version for my board is 3) i have to "Global Announce Option" in the forum permission and i don't now why is this usefull .... because the mod works great without this Part 3.

Can you explain me the Part 3 ?

(sorry for my pretty bad english i'm french)

SommerNyte

Post by SommerNyte » Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:33 pm

I read that there is currently NOT an option to have it only show Global Annoucements at the top of the forums, but is it possibly in the works? I have users who don't read certain forums, therefore, they don't care what those forums' annoucements are. I'd love to be able to make it only show the Global Annouces at the top.

Thanks!

London_Forest

Post by London_Forest » Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:58 pm

Help Pierre.

Just tried to add the announce mod and now I get this when clicking into a forum.

Could not obtain topic information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 't.topic_type = 2 ORDER BY t.topic_last_post_id DESC' at line

SELECT t.*, u.username, u.user_id, u2.username as user2, u2.user_id as id2, p.post_time, p.post_username FROM phpbb_topics t, phpbb_users u, phpbb_posts p, phpbb_users u2 WHERE t.forum_id = 1 AND t.topic_poster = u.user_id AND p.post_id = t.topic_last_post_id AND p.poster_id = u2.user_id t.topic_type = 2 ORDER BY t.topic_last_post_id DESC

Line : 310
File : /homepages/29/d91944390/htdocs/forums/viewforum.php

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”