[2.0.6] faq admin mod

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
56%
Very Good
23%
Good
6%
Fair
8%
Poor
6%

Total votes: 48

OnyxEye

Post by OnyxEye » Mon May 30, 2005 7:25 pm

zparta wrote:
OnyxEye wrote:I've attempted to install this MOD with EasyMOD. I'm getting the following error during the installation process:

Code: Select all

SQL PROCESSING ERROR:
No SQL alterations will be performed. However, you may skip SQL processing, continue installing the MOD, and deal with the SQL manually.

The following error occured:

FATAL ERROR: Unable to parse SQL statement; malformed type length in field near [KEY (`faq_id` ]

SQL Line:
CREATE TABLE `phpbb_faq` ( `lang_id` varchar(50) NOT NULL default 'english', `faq_id` tinyint(11) NOT NULL default '0', `faq_title` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', PRIMARY KEY (`faq_id`,`lang_id`) ) TYPE=MyISAM 
Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

i think this is because the php function "mysql_query" doesnt support backticks on sql querys i am gonna input them manualy in to my db then export them without the backticks

Edit: fixed the SQL-code and re-uploaded it

I've downloaded the mod again...(the version number didn't change) and I'm still getting the same error code.
OnyxEye - Lead Admin
The Realms of Ghamede
http://www.ghamede.com

zparta

Post by zparta » Tue May 31, 2005 12:35 am

thats because you need to wait for it to change

OnyxEye

Post by OnyxEye » Tue May 31, 2005 4:04 am

zparta wrote: thats because you need to wait for it to change

Ahh, sorry. I thought the PHP mod database didn't take your update. :)

Thanks!
OnyxEye - Lead Admin
The Realms of Ghamede

jongartman

Post by jongartman » Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:23 pm

I feel like a complete bum, but I need help with the BBCode part of this mod. I installed the mod without a problem, but when I did (ages ago) I only modified the FAQ portion and ignored the bbcode portion. Now i've created some specific bbcodes and filled out the faq information but I don't know where to view them. Everything works fine, i just don't know how to get my bbcode part to show up. Is it supposed to appear on the FAQ page?

OnyxEye

Post by OnyxEye » Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:19 pm

OnyxEye wrote:
zparta wrote:thats because you need to wait for it to change

Ahh, sorry. I thought the PHP mod database didn't take your update. :)

Thanks!

I'm still not seeing an updated version of this mod. It looks like the update didn't take...
OnyxEye - Lead Admin
The Realms of Ghamede

abda53

faq order

Post by abda53 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:34 pm

i searched but didnt see it.. is there a way to specifiy the order of the FAQ? all the new entries go straight to the end.

$sql = "SELECT * FROM " . FAQ_TEXT_TABLE . " WHERE lang_id = '" . $faq_lang . "' AND faq_id = " . $row[$i]["faq_id"] . " [b]ORDER BY faq_id[/b],q_id";

pennino

Post by pennino » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:20 pm

Where I can see a demo of the FAQ Admin MOD?

Thanks in advance to you all! :)

jrg3

Had to rename functions when running on php5

Post by jrg3 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:44 pm

Just thought I'd pass this along.

Just loaded Fedora Core 4 which uses php5 and apache2 on my test machine.

The left pane of the administration page of phpBB was blank. I removed all the admin_*.php scripts and the header and footer showed up in the left panel; indicates a php parse error.

I added back the admin_*.php scripts a few at a time until the frame went blank again. I then removed the last added ones until the frame was laid out again. This lead me to the admin_faq.php script. I then started commenting out sections of the script until I located the offending lines. It was each of the functions but only the actual function statement.

function get_info($mode, $id)
function get_list($mode, $id, $select)
function get_lang_list($id)
When I renamed the functions to

function faq_get_info($mode, $id)
function faq_get_list($mode, $id, $select)
function faq_get_lang_list($id)
and changed all the calls to the functions to use the new name, the frame parsed and displayed properly.

There were functions by the same names being loaded by another include file. Apparently php5 did not like the overloading of the function names. :?: I guess I could have changed the names in the other include file, but it is part of phpBB and this was the conflicting mod.

This is using phpBB 2.0.16.

saaiberke

Post by saaiberke » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:58 am

zparta wrote:
twinsdaily wrote:zparta,

Can't wait for you to release a version of FAQ Admin that can "Move Up" and "Move Down" the topic. 8)

an idea :D never thought of that one will see what i can do :)

Any chance that this will be done? It would be great if this possibility should be introduced. zparta, just a fantastic MOD this faq editor!

Grtz,

Nic

Gargen

Post by Gargen » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:26 am

Ok when i installed this the phpbb_faq table went bye bye unfortuanatly i cant find the thing to create it so im at a lost luckily i doupt anyone will every click the faq i would just like it to work can anyone give me the thing?

Kayot

Re: Hello!

Post by Kayot » Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:58 am

murphyz wrote:
zparta wrote:
christop wrote:
ACherki wrote:I just came across one small thingie which annoys me very much with this mod.

I have installed it, no prob. I have created SQL tables in my DB, no prob - but when i try to get to Admin panel i find the following:

If the file admin_faq.php is in my admin folder - i got my left frame panel just blank.

If i remove it from admin folder - the frame panel apears.

And it concerns only this admin_faq.php file, the other one admin_faq_inst.php shows nicely and i have no problem with it. So can anyone make a guess what causes this trouble?

Thanks in advance for any help

I get this same thing. Love to know how to fix it. Sounds like this could be a cool mod.

the fix for this is to change the names of the function names in my admin_faq.php to something else
eg. add faq_ to the beginning of them and for every instance they are used in that file that fixed the problem for me

I am also getting this problem, and not too great at php - please could you give an example of which 'functions' to use faq_ within the admin_faq.php file please.

Thanks

Mxx

I want to know those functions too...

wads24
Name: James

FAQ MOD

Post by wads24 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:59 pm

I was just getting notice that faq table didn't exist, i read and read on this forum, and nothing helped. Don't know if i did something wrong or not. Probably should consider an auto install script for this mod.

Does anyone know where the easymod compatible version of this script can be found?

onembk

Re: Had to rename functions when running on php5

Post by onembk » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:16 pm

jrg3 wrote: Just thought I'd pass this along....

...The left pane of the administration page of phpBB was blank. I removed all the admin_*.php scripts....

I had the same issue, thanks for the help jrg3.

rolltidega

Post by rolltidega » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:16 pm

OK. I guess I not able to find this, but I need to know how to import the old FAQ list back into this MOD. Please help! Thanks....

Griswald

Post by Griswald » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:25 pm

In the ACP click on FAQ Admin > FAQ lang installer. Then click on Submit beside the Add: [language] line. ;)
rolltidega wrote: OK. I guess I not able to find this, but I need to know how to import the old FAQ list back into this MOD. Please help! Thanks....

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”