[2.0.6] faq admin mod

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
27
56%
Very Good
11
23%
Good
3
6%
Fair
4
8%
Poor
3
6%
 
Total votes: 48

Lo Yuen
Registered User
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 6:38 am
Contact:

Post by Lo Yuen » Tue Dec 16, 2003 4:52 am

so...what do I do when this happens...? My forum is gone.
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not query config information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'tenkai.CONFIG_TABLE' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM CONFIG_TABLE

Line : 170
File : /home/httpd/vhosts/suikosim.net/httpdocs/Gathering_of_Stars/common.php


I changed the files back and deleted all the files from the mod and it still gives me this... what do I do now? I used Easy Mod btw...

zparta
Registered User
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:14 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Post by zparta » Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:48 pm

Lo Yuen wrote: so...what do I do when this happens...? My forum is gone.
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not query config information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'tenkai.CONFIG_TABLE' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM CONFIG_TABLE

Line : 170
File : /home/httpd/vhosts/suikosim.net/httpdocs/Gathering_of_Stars/common.php


I changed the files back and deleted all the files from the mod and it still gives me this... what do I do now? I used Easy Mod btw...

you have to enter the sql things manualy because easymod doesn support that yet

Lo Yuen
Registered User
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 6:38 am
Contact:

Post by Lo Yuen » Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:41 pm

ok, but what do I do to get it back to normal?

zparta
Registered User
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:14 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Post by zparta » Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:23 am

back step the mod

Lo Yuen
Registered User
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 6:38 am
Contact:

Post by Lo Yuen » Wed Dec 17, 2003 1:38 pm

Oh, I missed a file! Ok nm. Thanks, it works now.

webcoyote
Registered User
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:17 pm
Contact:

feature request - add new FAQs

Post by webcoyote » Sat Dec 20, 2003 10:47 pm

Thanks, I just easily installed the admin_faq.

I'd really like to create and manage my own FAQs for other than forum and bbcode use. I use phpBB for online support and would like to create and manage FAQs with a tool like this.

Any suggestions on how to add new FAQs?

Thanks much,

webcoyote

zparta
Registered User
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:14 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: feature request - add new FAQs

Post by zparta » Sun Dec 21, 2003 11:32 am

webcoyote wrote: Thanks, I just easily installed the admin_faq.

I'd really like to create and manage my own FAQs for other than forum and bbcode use. I use phpBB for online support and would like to create and manage FAQs with a tool like this.

Any suggestions on how to add new FAQs?

Thanks much,

webcoyote

that would involve alot of coding and this mod is primarily for replacing the existing FAQs wich isn't editable from the ACP
but this was a good sugestion i will look in to this

Patrick-S
Registered User
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:34 pm

Post by Patrick-S » Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:50 pm

Hi, great mod!

But there is one big problem: I was able to transfer my FAQ to the database, but if i want to view the faq.php, the following error is showed:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /xxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxxx/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 76

What´s wrong? I already did the changes discussed above, but like before this error is showed.

PHP Version: 4.3.1
Mod Version: 1.4.6
GZIP: On

davidjeanneret
Registered User
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 12:40 pm

gobledegook

Post by davidjeanneret » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:42 pm

Hi there,

Installed MOD,

I get a page and a half of:[quote]isÛ8²Ÿ¥ªýNÍ‘YݾâCÚç+×:N6vÞÔT*µ‘

zparta
Registered User
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:14 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Post by zparta » Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:40 am

Patrick-S wrote: Hi, great mod!

But there is one big problem: I was able to transfer my FAQ to the database, but if i want to view the faq.php, the following error is showed:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /xxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxxx/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 76

What´s wrong? I already did the changes discussed above, but like before this error is showed.

PHP Version: 4.3.1
Mod Version: 1.4.6
GZIP: On

i have no idea what might be wrong i run this on my 2.0.6 forum just fine if you dont have the latest version upgrade
davidjeanneret wrote:Hi there,

Installed MOD,

I get a page and a half of:
isÛ8²Ÿ¥ªýNÍ‘YݾâCÚç+×:N6vÞÔT*µ‘

User avatar
Greymist
Registered User
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:24 pm

Post by Greymist » Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:29 pm

Hi,

Great addon for phpBB, but I had a bit of a problem with the SQL code.

The main problem I had was that I don't have a database prefex, which the SQL have, once changed all the code worked.

I couldn't work out why removing the phpbb_ off the start of the tables didn't work, scratched around for quite a while until at the end I released I was in the wrong phpbb mysql database as I have setup two.

God what a fool. :oops:

Can you add some text to the install docs to warn about the database prefix.

Thanks.

Tom.

Ian320
Registered User
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 3:00 am

Post by Ian320 » Wed Feb 04, 2004 3:03 am

help!

I am new at this and I used easy mod to install it. When I try and run the things in the ACP, i get this...

Code: Select all

General Error 
Couldn't get list of Languages

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'phpBB2.phpbb_faq' doesn't exist

SELECT lang_id, count(faq_id) AS faq_count FROM phpbb_faq GROUP BY lang_id

Line : 57
File : /home/httpd/vhosts/tibiafreak.com/httpdocs/phpBB2/admin/admin_faq_inst.php 
when i try and run the files that came with it i get this...

Code: Select all

Warning: Unable to access ./../extension.inc in /home/httpd/vhosts/tibiafreak.com/httpdocs/phpBB2/admin/mods/faqadmin/admin_faq.php on line 14

Fatal error: Failed opening required './../extension.inc' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/httpd/vhosts/tibiafreak.com/httpdocs/phpBB2/admin/mods/faqadmin/admin_faq.php on line 14
help me please, because i dont know how to uninstall this lol.

en_shua
Registered User
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2004 1:39 am

Post by en_shua » Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:47 pm

I have a different question. How can I import what used to be the FAQ before I installed this mod?

zparta
Registered User
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:14 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Post by zparta » Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:49 am

Ian320 wrote: help!

I am new at this and I used easy mod to install it. When I try and run the things in the ACP, i get this...

Code: Select all

General Error 
Couldn't get list of Languages

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'phpBB2.phpbb_faq' doesn't exist

SELECT lang_id, count(faq_id) AS faq_count FROM phpbb_faq GROUP BY lang_id

Line : 57
File : /home/httpd/vhosts/tibiafreak.com/httpdocs/phpBB2/admin/admin_faq_inst.php 
when i try and run the files that came with it i get this...

Code: Select all

Warning: Unable to access ./../extension.inc in /home/httpd/vhosts/tibiafreak.com/httpdocs/phpBB2/admin/mods/faqadmin/admin_faq.php on line 14

Fatal error: Failed opening required './../extension.inc' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/httpd/vhosts/tibiafreak.com/httpdocs/phpBB2/admin/mods/faqadmin/admin_faq.php on line 14
help me please, because i dont know how to uninstall this lol.

well it should work if the things where installed in the right place i dont know why you got the faq admin mod inside of mods/faqadmin it should be directly in the admin folder thats why you get the error
en_shua wrote: I have a different question. How can I import what used to be the FAQ before I installed this mod?

well the faq's that was in the forum before is what gets imported it uses the faq and bbcode files that come with phpbb

User avatar
Nofa_Loki
Registered User
Posts: 298
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:21 pm

Post by Nofa_Loki » Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:15 am

Hi, Say no to easymod. LOL... Seriously, go through the code and remove the mod, then reapply it manually. Not only did it not create a database table for you, it didn't apply the mod correctly.

Post Reply

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”