[2.0.15] Signatures control

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
62%
Very Good
13%
Good
8%
Fair
6%
Poor
11%

Total votes: 53

ab9db

Post by ab9db » Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:15 pm

Hello, just wanted to know if this is 2.0.11 compatible?

I'm having a new custom designa nd don't want to mess it up!

Thanks, could somebody PM me the answer

Cheers

Andy_Wilson

Post by Andy_Wilson » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:53 am

Yes if it is possible, can u put a 2.0.11 update here?

Andy Wilson

Zilos

Post by Zilos » Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:46 am

crapola, i get the following error:
Parse error: parse error in C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\forum\viewtopic.php on line 1152

which takes me to this:
//
// Replace newlines (we use this rather than nl2br because
// till recently it wasn't XHTML compliant)
//
if ( $user_sig != '' && $userdata['user_allowsignature'] != 0 ) else $user_sig = '';

{
//-mod : Advanced Signature Divider Control --------------------------------
//$user_sig = '<br />_________________<br />' . str_replace("\n", "\n<br />\n", $user_sig);
$user_sig = '<br />'.$board_config['sig_line'].'<br />' . str_replace("\n", "\n<br />\n", $user_sig);
//-fin mod : Advanced Signature Divider Control --------------------------------
}

bold line is line 1152, perhaps the Advanced Signature Divider Control is screwing it up?im using PhpBB 2.0.11

-Thanks

Edit: my bad, got it figured out I think, mistaked a ')' for a '}'

AnaRQy

Post by AnaRQy » Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:47 am

I've got a 2.0.11 board and installed the 1.2.1 version of this mod. Install went fine and everything seemed to work except that the signature info is no longer displayed in profile/registration even though signatures are turned on in admin control panel config and for the user. If I remove the edits from profile_add_body.tpl I can see the signature info again.

Any idea why this is removing the signature info from profile_add_body even though its turned on the ACP?
Her-e-tic...(n. her'i tik) (...) 3. anyone who does not conform with an established attitude, doctrine, or principle.

onigumo

Post by onigumo » Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:13 am

Post your profile_add_body.tpl file. If you have installed other MODs, it may be interferring. There were a lot of BEGIN and END tags in profile_add_body.tpl for me, so I simply didn't add the ones added by Signatures Control. It then worked.
I write articles on community building
@ The Infinity Program.

AnaRQy

Post by AnaRQy » Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:59 pm

I don't think the problem is here, but maybe in the ACP or something. Seems like the switch is turned off no matter how I set it. Only thing that allows me to see the signature info in profile is to remove the switch code from profile_add_body.tpl. I should also note this board is modded with Categories Heirarchy, so I'm wonder what affect that might have.

Here's a link to my profile_add_body.tpl:

http://www.covenantofdeath.org/profile_add_body.tpl
(use view source to see the code)

Server wouldn't allow me to paste it here, so I had to leave a link. I know that's not the right location for it, but as I said when I have the file in the right location it disables my signatures as if switch were always turned off. I have an un-modded profile_add_body.tpl on my board now so signatures will still work.
Her-e-tic...(n. her'i tik) (...) 3. anyone who does not conform with an established attitude, doctrine, or principle.

AnaRQy

Post by AnaRQy » Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:29 pm

Hmmmm... Any ideas here? Looks like my profile_add_body.tpl is good no? Which of the admin files controls the switch? I'm thinking that's where my problem is, but could really use the help of the developer in troubleshooting this. I've looked it over twice now and didn't see any errors.

BittenApple

Post by BittenApple » Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:16 pm

Dude, this mod rocks.. such a cool idea! :D
My forums:

http://bittenapple.bi.funpic.org/forum/

Sorry, but youll have to copy and paste!

ballyhoo

Post by ballyhoo » Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:31 pm

[size=:4a9755618d] This preceeds the sig after installing the MOD.

Any suggestions?

honie

Post by honie » Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:32 pm

This doesn't seem to be working for me. No matter what limits I set in the ACP, the changes don't seem to save.
My members like collecting small blinkie images & putting them in their signature, but even with this only 2 or 3 will show for them. Ive went through the install several times & it looks like I did it all right, so any guidance would be appreciated.

AnaRQy

Post by AnaRQy » Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:36 pm

I went over all modded files again over the weekend and figured out a mistake I had made. Another signature mod confused things, but I got it figured out now.
Last edited by AnaRQy on Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meithar

Post by Meithar » Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:21 pm

Signature length check not work.

in includes\usercp_register.php this line

Code: Select all

if ( strlen($signature) > $board_config['max_sig_chars'] && !$board_config['max_sig_chars'] )
should be

Code: Select all

if ( strlen($signature) > $board_config['max_sig_chars'] && $board_config['max_sig_chars'] )

jupro

problem with background color

Post by jupro » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:59 am

I recently installed signature_control_1.2.1em, and when a user tries to include an image that is larger than max allowed, the error message comes up in a table with <class=forumline> which is black in my style.

This means the user cannot read the error message. When I change the class to something else (in sig_reset.php), the changes do not occur.

Am I doing something wrong?

Where can I change the bgcolor for the message output?

Thanks very much.

djwins

Post by djwins » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:05 pm

Is there anyway to add an option that will just remove the images from signatures, but keep the text?

Thanks in advance.

jupro

installing after signatures have been created

Post by jupro » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:50 pm

Hi there,

I'm wondering if anyone knows what happens if you install this mod after users have created signatures using images that are outside the max allowed dimensions.

Do they get error messages?

Want to install it on a site where people have linked to rather large images, and I want to know what those users are going to see when they log on next.

Thanks very much.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”