[2.0.7] Disable Censors Per Forum

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
63%
Very Good
No votes
Good
No votes
Fair
13%
Poor
25%

Total votes: 8

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

[2.0.7] Disable Censors Per Forum

Post by Extensions Robot »

MOD Name: Disable Censors Per Forum
Author: Alex@PlanetWebComic
MOD Description: Allows Administrators to disable Word Censors on a forum-by-forum basis.

MOD Version: 1.0.2

Download File: DisableCensorsPerForum-v.102.zip
mods overview page: View
File Size: 5449 Bytes

Security Score:
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
wGEric
Former Team Member
Name: Eric Faerber

Post by wGEric »

MOD Validated/Released

Notes:
Administrators can choose whether they want the word censor to work or not in certain forums.
GameQber

Post by GameQber »

Sweet mod. It's just what I was looking for. Thanks!
Bealzabubba

Post by Bealzabubba »

Mod installed without incident[1] but the presence of admin_forum_censors.php prevents the left pane of the Admin Panel from loading.

Everything works if I change the filename to xadmin_forum_censors.php and access the Forum Censor Control panel directly by typing in the changed filename so I know everything else works.

I get the gist of how the left pane is built but apparently don't quite grok it well enough to debug this problem.

Any ideas why this file would make admin/index.php barf?
_____

Running phpBB 2.0.1x (not fully upgraded to .11, just security fixes). As far as I can tell, admin/index.php has been untouched by any mods and is still the plain vanilla v 1.40.2.6 2004/07/11 16:46:15 that came with 2.0.10)

[1] Used EM with just one minor edit to the install file to accomodate a change in includes/topic_review.php made by the calendar mod.
xenontheblue

Post by xenontheblue »

hmm ... i'm having the exact same problem ...

i have a couple ideas, i'll post back when i've tried them out ...
------------------------
Xenon
------------------------
xenontheblue

Post by xenontheblue »

well ... quoting what the butcher said as he pointed to the mushroom "not a sausage" ...

I havn't a clue ... it's a toughie ... i can't get into the thing directly, it just redirects me to my index ...

that's one thing i don't like about how the ACP is built up ... for some reason, if there is an error, it'll just go blank ... it won't display the actual error involved ...
------------------------
Xenon
------------------------
SamuraiNigel

Post by SamuraiNigel »

I'm having a problem with this code on my board, and I'm wondering if it's just bad code somewhere.

After installing this mod, I ended up getting some serious memory problems. Doing netstat -a shows that certain users are now making several socket connections, and many are getting stuck in a TIME_WAIT state. It's as if the sockets are never being closed, either because of the code or some bug in the PHP-MySQL-Apache love triangle. Anyone else having this problem? Any ideas on a fix? Could someone have a look at this code and make sure the syntax is correct and there aren't any weird bugs anywhere?

Thanks!

For reference, I'm still using phpBB 2.0.6, but all of the code near the places I was to edit looked the same as the installation noted.
SamuraiNigel

Post by SamuraiNigel »

Also, this doesn't turn the filter off for quotes. When someone quotes someone else, the filter still kicks in and places the filtered words in their post entry box.
Alex@PlanetWebComic

Post by Alex@PlanetWebComic »

Bealzabubba wrote: Mod installed without incident[1] but the presence of admin_forum_censors.php prevents the left pane of the Admin Panel from loading.

Everything works if I change the filename to xadmin_forum_censors.php and access the Forum Censor Control panel directly by typing in the changed filename so I know everything else works.

I get the gist of how the left pane is built but apparently don't quite grok it well enough to debug this problem.

Any ideas why this file would make admin/index.php barf?
_____

Running phpBB 2.0.1x (not fully upgraded to .11, just security fixes). As far as I can tell, admin/index.php has been untouched by any mods and is still the plain vanilla v 1.40.2.6 2004/07/11 16:46:15 that came with 2.0.10)

[1] Used EM with just one minor edit to the install file to accomodate a change in includes/topic_review.php made by the calendar mod.

Honestly, I've never had this issue before. And because of this, I don't know what to look for in order to solve it. I DID find one discrepancy, which I have just fixed, but I'm not sure if it'll make the difference.

I've just submitted Version 1.0.3, which contains the possible fix. Also, SamuraiNigel, I've corrected it so quoted words aren't bleeped.

Hopefully, they'll approve it soon, and it'll be out within a day or so.

Final note: On the new 1.0.3, admin_forum_censors.php should be version 1.0.1, even though it says it's 1.0.0.
RX Maverick

Post by RX Maverick »

Is there anywhere we can get 1.0.3 before it's approved here? I'm going to add this mod soon and would like to install the latest version.
who_cares

Post by who_cares »

does this work with 2.0.18?
I'd like to use it
ultimatehandyman

Problem with censor control panel

Post by ultimatehandyman »

Hi, I have just installed this mod and I have the forum censor control panel in the left hand side administration panel, when I click on it the pane to the right hand side simply shows the forum index!

This mod is exactly what I have been looking for!

I'm no expert on installing mods so any help would be much appreciated.

I am on version 2.0.16

Thanks

chez
Cerus98

Post by Cerus98 »

I've just installed this mod on 2.0.21 and it works great. But like everyone else, I was dissapointed to find that the censors were still activated in quotes. So I added a couple lines so that quotes are no longer censored.

Here's what to do...

In posting.php Find:

Code: Select all

if ( $mode == 'quote' )
		{
Add After:

if ($forum_disablecensors==0){
Find: (there are two of these, find the second one)

$orig_word = array();
			$replacement_word = array();
			obtain_word_list($orig_word, $replace_word);
Add After:

}
And that's all there is to it :)
Coyote23

Post by Coyote23 »

Nice mod - you made one of my forumers very very happy.
Seria

Post by Seria »

Like everyone above me, the ACP’s left pane is not showing up.

I notice that the version of the mod is still 1.0.2 and version 1.0.3 was submitted for approval over a year ago.

Has anyone else installed this mod and got it to work?

Please help me out with this

(i installed this on 2.0.21)

EDIT: i've got the left pane problem figured out

Thanks for this mod, I installed it and after I fixed the left pane problem, it works perfectly! thanks again... this mod was installed on 2.0.21
Last edited by Seria on Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
¿What do you call it when a blond dies her hair brunette?
Artificial intelligence ^_~ ...yes, im blond :P

I will offer as much help I can on mods that I have installed, just PM me. (i don't use easymod, so I can't help with that.)
Mods installed so far:48 {all manually and on 2.0.22}

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”