[2.0.13] SpellingCow Spell Checker

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
49%
Very Good
15%
Good
5%
Fair
5%
Poor
25%

Total votes: 114

Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:24 am

Sounds like you didn't do step one, which is to add the SQL command to the add the field to your DB.

-Nuttzy :cool:
SpellingCow.com - Free spell check service for your forums or any web form!
No Support via PM please!

dmmr

Post by dmmr » Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:34 pm

The install using EZMOD was awesome, quick & fast!!
how ever, i have no problems doing my questions by hand..

For SQR - the COW mod is missing in this 1 location?

How can I add this in??

Thanks

Dean

Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:14 pm

dmmr wrote: The install using EZMOD was awesome, quick & fast!!

How can I add this in??
Really not sure what you are saying. It sounds to me like you are saying when you used EM, things went fine. When you did it by hand, you had a problem. You said, "SQR" and I assume you mean "SQL". From that, I assume you mean you didn't add the SQL line (meaning modifying your database).

EM would take care of this for you, but if you did the installation by hand, you need to use either phpMyAdmin or the mySQL command line (assuming you are using mySQL) to add the line.

Please let me know if I understand you correctly.

Xamence

Post by Xamence » Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:40 pm

A brill MOD here! Thankx Nuttzy!

blinddruid

Post by blinddruid » Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:31 am

Nuttzy99 wrote:
dmmr wrote:The install using EZMOD was awesome, quick & fast!!

How can I add this in??
Really not sure what you are saying. It sounds to me like you are saying when you used EM, things went fine. When you did it by hand, you had a problem. You said, "SQR" and I assume you mean "SQL". From that, I assume you mean you didn't add the SQL line (meaning modifying your database).

EM would take care of this for you, but if you did the installation by hand, you need to use either phpMyAdmin or the mySQL command line (assuming you are using mySQL) to add the line.

Please let me know if I understand you correctly.

I think he means SQR Super Quick Reply which is also a mod that I have and although your spellcheck works great everywhere else on the board it is not found on the SQR box. To have a look see check out http://forum.sensnetwork.com Of course you will have to register so I hope you are a hockey fan. :D

Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:39 pm

Oh! Thanks for the clarification. I've gotten a few requests for that and plan to make something available if I get a chance. It should be pretty easy to slap together if there is an experienced MODer out there that wants to do it.

dmmr

Post by dmmr » Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:16 pm

blinddruid;

Sorry if i wasn't clear, i re-read it, i sure wasn't lol

The spell checker is missing in the locacation of - Super Quick Reply MOD (its a drop down reply option that you can ad).

I'm just wondering how can I add this functionality to the SQR mod..

Hope this is clear.

Dean

gothiqvanity

Post by gothiqvanity » Wed May 04, 2005 12:04 am

Could not insert data into users table

DEBUG MODE

INSERT INTO phpbb_tgsusers (user_reg_ip, user_reg_host, user_id, username, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_regip,user_icq, user_website, user_occ, user_from, user_interests, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_avatar, user_avatar_type, user_viewemail, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_attachsig, user_allowsmile, user_autospell, user_allowhtml, user_allowbbcode, user_allow_viewonline, user_notify, user_notify_pm, user_popup_pm, user_timezone, user_dateformat, user_lang, user_style, user_level, user_allow_pm, user_active, user_actkey) VALUES ('22.222.222.222', 'ip22-222-222-222.something.com', 182, 'test123', 1115144728, 'cc03e747a6afbbcbf8be7668acfebee5', 'test123@test.com', '44e4ab75', '', '', 'occupation', 'location', 'interests', 'signature', 'efe9ca52ff', '', 0, 0, 'aimname', 'yahooname', 'msnname', 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1, -6, 'D M d, Y g:i a', 'english', 2, 0, 1, 1, '')

Line : 651
File : usercp_register.php

I get this error when trying to register a new user on my site. I'm using phpBB 2.0.14 with these mods:

[2.0.14] Log IP Address on Registration
[2.0.13] SpellingCow Spell Checker

Since this is a SQL/PHP hybrid issue ... I wasn't too sure if I should post it here or the PHP forums. Sorry if I've misplaced, just looking for help and guidance.

Here is my usercp_register.php file, modified for SpellingCow Spell Checker and the Log IP Address on Registration modifications.
$sql = "INSERT INTO " . USERS_TABLE . " (user_reg_ip, user_reg_host, user_id, username, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_regip,user_icq, user_website, user_occ, user_from, user_interests, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_avatar, user_avatar_type, user_viewemail, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_attachsig, user_allowsmile, user_autospell, user_allowhtml, user_allowbbcode, user_allow_viewonline, user_notify, user_notify_pm, user_popup_pm, user_timezone, user_dateformat, user_lang, user_style, user_level, user_allow_pm, user_active, user_actkey)

VALUES ('" . str_replace("\'", "''", $user_reg_id) . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $user_reg_host) . "', $user_id, '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $username) . "', " . time() . ", '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $new_password) . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $email) . "', '" . $userdata['session_ip']. "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $icq) . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $website) . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $occupation) . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $location) . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $interests) . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $signature) . "', '$signature_bbcode_uid', $avatar_sql, $viewemail, '" . str_replace("\'", "''", str_replace(' ', '+', $aim)) . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $yim) . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $msn) . "', $attachsig, $allowsmilies, $spellcheck, $allowhtml, $allowbbcode, $allowviewonline, $notifyreply, $notifypm, $popup_pm, $user_timezone, '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $user_dateformat) . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $user_lang) . "', $user_style, 0, 1, ";

Line 651:
if ( !($result = $db->sql_query($sql, BEGIN_TRANSACTION)) )

michaelo
Name: Michael O'Toole

Post by michaelo » Wed May 04, 2005 1:44 am

Did any of the mods require editing of usercp_register.php?

If so re-check the edits.

Mike

gothiqvanity

Post by gothiqvanity » Wed May 04, 2005 3:33 am

I used EasyMod to complete it automatically. I had to change a mod after installing the 1st mod for the 2nd mod to work correctly since both mods look for information in a default usercp_register.php in mind -- WOW saying that was confusing ... I hope it was easy to follow LOL).

Each EasyMod install was a success.

Here is the area that the mods change in the usercp_register.php file (original settings):
$sql = "INSERT INTO " . USERS_TABLE . " (user_id, username, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_icq, user_website, user_occ, user_from, user_interests, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_avatar, user_avatar_type, user_viewemail, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_attachsig, user_allowsmile, user_allowhtml, user_allowbbcode, user_allow_viewonline, user_notify, user_notify_pm, user_popup_pm, user_timezone, user_dateformat, user_lang, user_style, user_level, user_allow_pm, user_active, user_actkey)

VALUES ($user_id, '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $username) . "', " . time() . ", '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $new_password) . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $email) . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $icq) . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $website) . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $occupation) . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $location) . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $interests) . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $signature) . "', '$signature_bbcode_uid', $avatar_sql, $viewemail, '" . str_replace("\'", "''", str_replace(' ', '+', $aim)) . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $yim) . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $msn) . "', $attachsig, $allowsmilies, $allowhtml, $allowbbcode, $allowviewonline, $notifyreply, $notifypm, $popup_pm, $user_timezone, '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $user_dateformat) . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $user_lang) . "', $user_style, 0, 1, ";

After installing both mods, here is what they look like (modified settings):
$sql = "INSERT INTO " . USERS_TABLE . " (user_reg_ip, user_reg_host, user_id, username, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_regip,user_icq, user_website, user_occ, user_from, user_interests, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_avatar, user_avatar_type, user_viewemail, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_attachsig, user_allowsmile, user_autospell, user_allowhtml, user_allowbbcode, user_allow_viewonline, user_notify, user_notify_pm, user_popup_pm, user_timezone, user_dateformat, user_lang, user_style, user_level, user_allow_pm, user_active, user_actkey)

VALUES ('" . str_replace("\'", "''", $user_reg_id) . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $user_reg_host) . "', $user_id, '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $username) . "', " . time() . ", '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $new_password) . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $email) . "', '" . $userdata['session_ip']. "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $icq) . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $website) . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $occupation) . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $location) . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $interests) . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $signature) . "', '$signature_bbcode_uid', $avatar_sql, $viewemail, '" . str_replace("\'", "''", str_replace(' ', '+', $aim)) . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $yim) . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $msn) . "', $attachsig, $allowsmilies, $spellcheck, $allowhtml, $allowbbcode, $allowviewonline, $notifyreply, $notifypm, $popup_pm, $user_timezone, '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $user_dateformat) . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $user_lang) . "', $user_style, 0, 1, ";

=cipher=

Post by =cipher= » Wed May 04, 2005 8:16 pm

Hello,

I have just installed SpellingCow without EasyMOD. And now when I update my profile, I get the following error after pushing submit.
Could not update users table

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'user_autospell' in 'field list'

UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_email = 'mcgowandesign@hotmail.com', user_icq = '', user_website = '', user_occ = '', user_from = '', user_interests = '', user_sig = '', user_sig_bbcode_uid = '', user_viewemail = 0, user_aim = '', user_yim = '', user_msnm = '', user_attachsig = 1, user_allowsmile = 1, user_autospell = 0, user_allowhtml = 1, user_allowbbcode = 1, user_allow_viewonline = 1, user_notify = 0, user_notify_pm = 1, user_popup_pm = 1, user_timezone = -7, user_dateformat = 'D M d, Y g:i a', user_lang = 'english', user_style = 1, user_active = 1, user_actkey = '' WHERE user_id = 24

Line : 530
File : usercp_register.php

How do I fix this?
Best Regards:
Aaron McGowan / =cipher=

Head Programmer for The Tech Base
Junior Programmer for Triplentry Solutions

gothiqvanity

Post by gothiqvanity » Wed May 04, 2005 9:35 pm

It looks to me as if the user_autospell isn't in your database. You might add it.

=cipher=

Post by =cipher= » Wed May 04, 2005 10:28 pm

Hey,

How? How would I "ADD" it? Please help. Thanks.
Best Regards:
Aaron McGowan / =cipher=

=cipher=

Post by =cipher= » Wed May 04, 2005 11:39 pm

Hey,

Also i installed the customized color text mod where you can pick which colors you would like for the text. Then after I installed SpellingCow it doesnt work :cry:
Best Regards:
Aaron McGowan / =cipher=

michaelo
Name: Michael O'Toole

Post by michaelo » Thu May 05, 2005 12:36 am

I would need to install the two mods so as to have a look at problem...

As a point of interest why did you choose spellcow? phpspell is faster and no nonsense... IMHO ;)

If you don't get anywhere give me the links to the mods. I can install them of my local server and play around wih them.

I will find the problem (given enough time ;))

Mike

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”