[2.0.15] Redirect anonymous users to login

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
73%
Very Good
18%
Good
2%
Fair
1%
Poor
6%

Total votes: 139

sq8

Re: [2.0.15] Redirect anonymous users to login

Post by sq8 »

Perfect! Thanks! And easy to install, too! (I apparently can't use EasyMod due to security restrictions on my host that force me to upload files manually, so I have to do the mods manually, too.)
kdMO

Post by kdMO »

Thank you so much for this wonderfully simple mod! I installed it in the profile, viewonline, groupcp, index, search and memberlist pages (I have a board that I'd like to be completely locked down and only people that I invite to register are registered). All worked wonderful except for the memberlist page. For some reason, I keep getting the following Warning messages above the memberlist. Does anyone have any tips for me? This is only the second mod that I've installed, so I am completely new to this!

Thanks so much in advance!

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/solanabe/public_html/bb/memberlist.php:2) in /home/solanabe/public_html/bb/includes/sessions.php on line 366

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/solanabe/public_html/bb/memberlist.php:2) in /home/solanabe/public_html/bb/includes/sessions.php on line 367

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/solanabe/public_html/bb/memberlist.php:2) in /home/solanabe/public_html/bb/includes/page_header.php on line 483

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/solanabe/public_html/bb/memberlist.php:2) in /home/solanabe/public_html/bb/includes/page_header.php on line 485

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/solanabe/public_html/bb/memberlist.php:2) in /home/solanabe/public_html/bb/includes/page_header.php on line 486
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

You probably have two blank lines at the top of momberlist.php.
There should be nothing before the <?php
kdMO

Post by kdMO »

That worked! You were right. I had 2 spaces before the <?php

Thank you SO MUCH for your help!
shenyang

Post by shenyang »

:shock: i have downloaded it, and it is a windows movie file.... click on it and media player opens - somethin don't seem right. anyone else havin this?
shenyang

Post by shenyang »

damn, just tried again. somethin aint right - like the downloads been hijacked - if anyone could check it out would appreciate! if i'm missin somethin, and there is actually a mod in the mpeg file (which i doubt - even i am new at this stuff) let me know.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

Use notepad to open it, not media player.
shenyang

Post by shenyang »

:lol: hehe - thanx Brf! I didn't know what to do with it, but wasn't lookin for a how to video... that wouldv been kinda cool though. cheers! :D
cvtrig

Post by cvtrig »

Works great. I'm creating a private forum where I don't want people to be able to see user lists and such.

I found that this MOD actually needs to included in any of the the menu php file such as search and index in it to make the same change as viewonline.php.

If your view index link is active, protecting the memberlist.php file is only half the battle. If someone can type in index.php or click the link without being logged in then they get your user list any way.

So by adding:

if ($userdata['user_id'] == ANONYMOUS)
{
redirect(append_sid("login.$phpEx?redirect=viewonline.$phpEx", true));
}

to the index php in the first section where the session starts, this eliminates the risk of the index being viewed, especially if you can remove the link to the index as well.
You can teach anyone to paint. You cannot teach anyone to be an artist. That's a quality of mind, a love of the magic of life.

Millard Sheets, 1977
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

cvtrig wrote: I found that this MOD actually needs to included in any of the the menu php file such as search and index in it to make the same change as viewonline.php.

If your view index link is active, protecting the memberlist.php file is only half the battle. If someone can type in index.php or click the link without being logged in then they get your user list any way.
No they dont. The "link" takes you to memberlist.php, so protecting that file keeps them out.
brianwestchest

Post by brianwestchest »

Please forgive me if this is a stupid question. But, I am a NEWBIE. I need detailed instructions.

I only want to use this mod to lock down my memberlist page. I'd like to stop human spammers from targeting me and putting their URLs in my member list in hopes of being crawled by search engines.

How do I go about doing this with phpBB 2.0.22?

Thanks,
Brian
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

Nope. This mod is the other way around... for keeping guests from seeing your memberlist, not from keeping spammers from putting undesirable info in their profiles...

For spammers, read the sticky at the top of the Support forum -- Preventing SPAM
brianwestchest

Post by brianwestchest »

Brf wrote:Nope. This mod is the other way around... for keeping guests from seeing your memberlist, not from keeping spammers from putting undesirable info in their profiles...

For spammers, read the sticky at the top of the Support forum -- Preventing SPAM
I didn't word that very well. I want to hide my memberlist (and that only) from people who are not logged in. Can this mod help me do that? I got confused because it seems to do a lot more and the instructions for the things I need to do before I install it are confusing to me. For example, I'd like all my forums to remain open to search engines. I just don't want people to be able to see my memberlist. I'm hoping hiding my memberlist from guests will deter spammers from trying to sign up.

I was able to figure out how to hide several fields on the registration form that I hope will keep spammers from entering their websites on my forums. Now, they have to be logged in to see those fields in the profile.

Thanks,
Brian
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

brianwestchest wrote: I'm hoping hiding my memberlist from guests will deter spammers from trying to sign up.
No. They can still spread their pron URLs to your registered users.

To hide your memberlist, do this mod's change to memberlist.php.
clyde4210

Post by clyde4210 »

Hello,
I have a shoutbox i wish to have a redirection on.

does anyone know how i could add it to this box?, or if this is the correct spot i need to add some code to?

Code: Select all

include("config.php");
include("mainfile.php");

$link = mysql_connect($dbhost, $dbuname, $dbpass);
@mysql_select_db($dbname);
cookiedecode($user);

switch($op){

case write:

$msg = $_POST['shout'];
$time = time();

$user = $cookie[1];
if ($user == "") {
$user = "Anonymous";
}
$result =  mysql_query("INSERT INTO ".$prefix."_shout (UID, PDT, MSG)
VALUES ('$user', '$time', '$msg')") or die(mysql_error());

case read:

$query = mysql_query("select * from ".$prefix."_shout ORDER BY PID DESC");
$nrows = mysql_num_rows($query);
$msg = "output=";
for($i = 0; $i < $nrows; $i++) {
	$row = mysql_fetch_array($query);
	$time = strftime("%a %m/%d/%y %H:%M", $row['PDT']);
	$msg .= "<p class=\"output1\">" . $row['UID'] . " " . $time . "</p>";
	$msg .= "<p class=\"output2\">".$row['MSG'] . "</p>";
	$msg .= "<p class=\"output1\">------------------------------------------------------------------</p><br>";

}

$msg .= "";
echo $msg;

$user = $cookie[1];
if ($user == "") {
$user = "Anonymous";
}
$msg2 = "&username=";
$msg2 .= $user;
echo $msg2;
what i am attempting to do is, let anonymous see the box but not allow them to post in it and have them redirected to the login/register page when they click on the send button.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”