[2.0.15] Redirect anonymous users to login

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
73%
Very Good
18%
Good
2%
Fair
1%
Poor
6%

Total votes: 139

superthin
Name: Quang Vo

Post by superthin » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:00 pm

Brf wrote: I just tried it.

I logged out.
I clicked Register
I clicked Log-In

and it took me to the Login page as expected. Where are you seeing a problem?

It took me to an warning "Sorry, but this board is currently unavailable. Please try again later".
And sometimes was "Sorry, but no such user exists"
If I log in as Admin, the message was "You have already activated your account".
SuperThin.

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:07 pm

superthin wrote: It took me to an warning "Sorry, but this board is currently unavailable. Please try again later".
And sometimes was "Sorry, but no such user exists"
If I log in as Admin, the message was "You have already activated your account".

It must be something unique to your board then.

There is no reason why you should get a board-disabled message, when it is not.

You also should not get a no-user-exists message unless you deleted your anonymous user.

You dont have any weird mods in your login do you?

superthin
Name: Quang Vo

Post by superthin » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:42 pm

Sorry everybody,

I found my problem. I have many boards run with one database. And many MOD, patched, my modify... cause errors. I recovered to original phpBB and add the MOD again, it is good now.

I think we should do not add many MOD at the same time, and must not add MODs are similar / same function. I might had 2 "Redirect" MOD.

Thank you very much!
SuperThin.

four.eye.bastard

Post by four.eye.bastard » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:14 pm

Hi Guys
I am new on this board... so can anyone help me please...

I like the idea of this MOD so i want to install him but when i click on the link for download i got txt file and not zip file like on other MODs...

Could someone explain to me am i doing something wrong or something is malfunctioning?

four.eye.bastard

Post by four.eye.bastard » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:53 pm

anybody?

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:58 pm

four.eye.bastard wrote: when i click on the link for download i got txt file and not zip file like on other MODs...

There is no zip file. That text file is the mod.

four.eye.bastard

Post by four.eye.bastard » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:56 am

i didnt understud well
and now i changed it manually
thx :)

four.eye.bastard

Post by four.eye.bastard » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:50 pm

and i understand everything and i won't change manually :mrgreen:

GilaMonster

Post by GilaMonster » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:14 pm

This is an extremely easy mod that works perfectly. I have installed it into three phpbb messageboards with six styles and it works perfectly every time. Thanks!

TheMistress

Guests still able to view profile

Post by TheMistress » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:49 pm

Hi,

I've installed this MOD and can see that as a guest, when you click on Memeberlist of individual user (a link from the main page), you get directed to the login page.

However... When I go to he Admin Index page, I still see guest IPs with forum location 'Viewing profile'. Confused about this, and made the assumption that these are bots that somehow overide the restriction, so started banning those IPs. But not sure if that's the right thing to do.

Any suggestions on how guests can be viewing profiles after this MOD has been implemented?

Thanks,
Yael (TheMistress)
"Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality." -- Dalai Lama

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:05 pm

This is from the knowledgebase:
According to viewonline a user is doing/reading something they should not be able to!
No, they probably are not. phpBB uses sessions to keep track of users as they move between pages. The session information tells us who this user is. Therefore in order to determine what a user can do on a page we first need the session details. Once this data is available we can check whether the user is permitted to do whatever it is they are trying to do. This can result in it appearing as if a user is reading a topic in a forum they should not be able to access. Or perhaps viewing private messages when they are only guests, etc. In practice the user is not doing these things, they are viewing a "You are not permitted to do this" type message. The session data has simply been updated before we were able to determine what the user could or could not do.

Of course this only applies where permissions have been set correctly!

TheMistress

Post by TheMistress » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:10 pm

Brf wrote: This is from the knowledgebase:
According to viewonline a user is doing/reading something they should not be able to!
No, they probably are not. phpBB uses sessions to keep track of users as they move between pages. The session information tells us who this user is. Therefore in order to determine what a user can do on a page we first need the session details. Once this data is available we can check whether the user is permitted to do whatever it is they are trying to do. This can result in it appearing as if a user is reading a topic in a forum they should not be able to access. Or perhaps viewing private messages when they are only guests, etc. In practice the user is not doing these things, they are viewing a "You are not permitted to do this" type message. The session data has simply been updated before we were able to determine what the user could or could not do.

Of course this only applies where permissions have been set correctly!

So, I should take those IPs off my ban list then...

BTW - if IP is banned, can they still view discussion board as guests?
Yael (TheMistress)
"Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality." -- Dalai Lama

sweetyfunny

Post by sweetyfunny » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:26 pm

Works well, only one problem.

When a user logs-in they automatically get re-directed to viewonline.php instead of index.php, yet they are logged in and everything else is functioning.

I've installed 100's of mods in my life (this is one of the easiest) , i've gone over the code, plus re-done the mod again starting with the original files and always the same result.

Wierd, i guess they will all have to do another click on index.php to get to the board.

Nice mod BTW, i can't believe phpBB doesn't do this "out of the box".

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:08 pm

If you did the edits properly, it should redirect back to the page that is forcing the login.

EdLondon

Post by EdLondon » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:36 am

Can this mod be altered to point anonyomous to the login page if they navigate to the front page of the forum?

at the moment on my forum it only redirects people to the login page if they click on the actual forum section.

thanks!

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”