[2.0.12] Hide BBcode MOD

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
72%
Very Good
5%
Good
14%
Fair
No votes
Poor
9%

Total votes: 58

frickangel

Post by frickangel »

EzerchE wrote: i have "bbcode box" mod already installed. i want to install hide mod. is that possible?

If you mean this hide bbcode MOD, then most definitely.
EzerchE wrote: and with this mod, guests cant see the hidden texts, links etc. without posting, right?

Not sure if I'm getting you, but yes, your guests should be able to see it if you allow guests to view your forum.

EGIS

Post by EGIS »

EzerchE wrote: and with this mod, guests cant see the hidden texts, links etc. without posting, right?

Yes
My mod: [Hide BBcode MOD]

b3nw

Post by b3nw »

This mod is great, any chance you could set it so it would be a button that wouls click to show the text in the same format code is shown?

ie, button pushed

Code: Select all

text shown in this format 
thatd be cool :)

EGIS

Post by EGIS »

# 
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
templates/hidebbcode.js

# 
#-----[ FIND ]--------------------------------- 
#
s += '<div id="' + randomId + '"

# 
#-----[ IN-LINE FIND ]--------------------------------- 
#
style="

# 
#-----[ IN-LINE AFTER, ADD ]--------------------------------- 
#
width:90%;padding:3px;margin:0 auto;

# 
#-----[ IN-LINE FIND ]--------------------------------- 
#
'+style+'"

# 
#-----[ IN-LINE AFTER, ADD ]--------------------------------- 
#
 class="code"

# 
#-----[ SAVE/CLOSE ALL FILES ]------------------------------------------ 
#
# EoM
That should do it, I think. Remember that this will only format the text like the code tags do, nothing more.

b3nw

Post by b3nw »

thanks for your quick reply, but with this mod + bbcode, the buttons up top do not work, and when you mouse over them they don't work, including hide. Also, img and other bbcode is messed up. I have installed cleanly 3 times and the same result. :(

anywayz, thanks again.

EGIS

Post by EGIS »

Do you have a link to the board with the problem?

urmomma

Post by urmomma »

I have had the problem before. It wouldn't work on some specific skins and on the one's it didn't work, it would render all of the buttons/smilies useless (if you click on them, nothing happens), even though if you put your mouse over them, in the url bar at the bottom it displays the javascript action (example: javascript:emoticon(':arrow2:')...very weird.

Just wondering, but is there a way to use this bbcode in signatures? Some users want to have more characters allowed in their signature (to add more stuff) on my forum but I don't want to increase it because it would look weird with a big signature so if they could use the [hide] bbcode, then I wouldn't mind at all.

Oh, even though the buttons/smilies are rendered useless on some certain skins, the code is still active. If you type:

[hide=text displayed]what's hidden[/hide]
It will work (if you installed it of course) just the buttons/smilies are not clickable.

Hope that insight helps.

EGIS

Post by EGIS »

I have tried this on your forum with different skins, and i can't reproduce it. :?
In some skins it seems like you have forgotten to install the script in the header, so only the content shows, but this should not be the problem.

BTW: the hide tag works in signatures.

urmomma

Post by urmomma »

I saw you. Anyway, I removed that coding because it was messing up all of the other buttons. I tried previously to do it in the signature and it didn't work...I will try again. Nvm...it seems to be working. That is soo weird. Thanks!

What I need to do is completly uninstall multiple bbcode and hide mod and reinstall it. I think I might of messed up. Don't even bother looking for it. Thx for your help though! I will just completly reinstall it.

acceptu

Post by acceptu »

Is there a updated version of this?

Zef

Post by Zef »

Hi all.

Just one question : Is there a way to permit just admins & moderators to see the hidden text ? for the moment it works fine but all persons can read all hidden ones (guests too).

Thx a lot for helping me.
Zef

--- Edit ---

No more problem. I have edit the language file and set : $lang['Hide'] = '';
So no text is available and i can type [hide=blabla] if i want another can read the hidden text.

So i have installed the moderation BBcode Mod and I had created a link like [hide] _value_ [/hide][mod="moderator name"] :moderation smilie: [/mod] in my firefox bbcode extension to advert moderators of hidden text.

It's very good now ;)

Thx again.

ngungo

Post by ngungo »

I could not find the demo for this mod. Any hint? Thanks, ngungo

Creed-X

Post by Creed-X »

Hello, I have a problem, my contract/expand in my quote seems to missing when highlight with [hide].....I've installed Select Expand BBCode MOD before Hide BBCode Mod...anyone could help me with this...thanks in advance... :)

kulinar

Post by kulinar »

I use this mod for very long time but today I noticed that it doesn't work in one post of my forum. In other posts and threads it is OK. When this post is quoted, it works.
Last edited by kulinar on Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

caner000

Post by caner000 »

its not working i have phpBB2 is there phpBB2 hide mod or can someone make it that would be nice
The World is the one

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”