[2.0.10] Topic Search

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
56%
Very Good
33%
Good
6%
Fair
No votes
Poor
6%

Total votes: 18

TKF2

Post by TKF2 »

darakhshan

Post by darakhshan »

Hi

I have an introduction forum where users need to introduce themselves before they can be allowed to use my whole forum.

in one page they reply and introduce themselves , there are 140 replies and 14 pages , some times when I click on the last page it says not posting available, why is that? the post is there but on the 13th page then why the 14th page was created?

confused here :roll:

I suppose after installing your mod this is happening please guide me :cry:
agoeliitb

Not working

Post by agoeliitb »

Hi All,

I installed this mode as per instructions in phpBB v 2.0.15 but it doesnt seem to work. I got the topic search box added below but when i try to search any topic it says not found. Can someone help me in this regard.

Thanks,
-Ankur
mattbugz

Post by mattbugz »

Good MOD, but I was wondering if anybody knows of a Forum Search MOD?
--
Regards,
Matt
bratzbert

Post by bratzbert »

onetimer wrote:
JRSweets wrote:
open viewtopic_body.tpl, go down to the place where you pasted the code for search in topic and then find in that line "name='post'" change that to "name='post2'" that should fix it

I found the fix. It was posted by MightyY on portedmods.com.

Ehm.. so could you post the fix in here or at least provide us with a link?

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#
templates/subSilver/viewtopic_body.tpl

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
	  {S_TOPIC_ADMIN}</td>
	<td align="right" valign="top

#
#-----[ IN-LINE FIND ]------------------------------------------ 
#

<form action="{U_TOPIC_SEARCH}" name="post"

#
#-----[ IN-LINE REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------------ 
#

<form action="{U_TOPIC_SEARCH}" name="topic_search_post" 

mattbugz wrote: Good MOD, but I was wondering if anybody knows of a Forum Search MOD?

There was a link posted on the previous page.
onigumo

Post by onigumo »

Darkmonkey wrote: Yes, the language variable goes in the lang_main.php

You weren't referring to me, were you? My question was if there is "a way to make the box say "Enter Keywords" and it disappears when you click it, just like with IPB? I'd love to have this addition."
I write articles on community building
@ The Infinity Program.
eek-1

Post by eek-1 »

onigumo wrote: My question was if there is "a way to make the box say "Enter Keywords" and it disappears when you click it, just like with IPB? I'd love to have this addition."

<input type="text" name="search_keywords" class="post" size="21" value="Enter Keywords Here" onfocus="this.value = '';" />
onigumo

Post by onigumo »

Ooh. Much thanks.

Here's what code I implemented (bolded) in viewtopic_body.tpl, and where:
<td align="right" valign="top" nowrap="nowrap"><form action="{U_TOPIC_SEARCH}" name="post" method="POST" target="_top"><input type="hidden" name="search_terms" value="any" /><input type="hidden" name="return_chars" value="100" /><input type="hidden" name="show_results" value="posts" /><input type="hidden" name="sort_dir" value="ASC" /><input type="hidden" name="mode" value="topic_search" /><input type="hidden" name="topic_id" value="{TOPIC_ID}" /><input type="text" name="search_keywords" size="20" value="Enter Keywords Here" onfocus="this.value = '';" maxlength="250" value="" /> <input type="submit" name="search_submit" value="{L_SEARCH_TOPIC}" class="liteoption" /></form>{JUMPBOX}<span class="gensmall">{S_AUTH_LIST}</span></td>
@ The Infinity Program.
onigumo

Post by onigumo »

New question:

How does one make it so that the input field (the part of topic search where you can enter your keywords) is a more desirable color? To allow me to further explain what I mean, please take a look at the following screen shot. The first arrow (the top one) points to the topic search field -- it's the white portion I want to change, as it looks fine on subSilver, but it's inconsistent on the Boyz template. The second arrow (the bottom one) points to the jump box. Notice the color of the drop-down field on the jump box. That's the color I want to make the topic search box. I also want to take the same action (changing the topic search box color to that of the jump box color) on the one other template I have in addition to Boyz and subSilver: subBleak.
@ The Infinity Program.
eek-1

Post by eek-1 »

onigumo wrote: How does one make it so that the input field is a more desirable color?

You have to include the class and/or id attribute along its proper value into that input tag so it would follow the forum colours. It should be something like class="post". Just refer from the other input tags in your template file.
PencilWarrior

Post by PencilWarrior »

Anyone know if this mod will work with a really simple Quick Reply mod?

(like this one) http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=287126
ajp

Post by ajp »

PencilWarrior wrote: Anyone know if this mod will work with a really simple Quick Reply mod?

(like this one) http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=287126

I just installed it on my board with a quick reply and now when I attempt to use the quick reply I get the error that says you must type a mesage. So I guess it doesnt work. To bad this is a great idea for a mod.
Extended Reply Notification the only mod I have written.
kieranmullen3

Post by kieranmullen3 »

Does anyone have any new screenshots?

Does this allow to search by topic/subject?
Thanks

KM
mrhyena

Has anyone gotten this to work with 2.0.18 using EZMod?

Post by mrhyena »

I tried installing this last night using EZMod and I didn't see any change whatsoever in the forum. Very strange. EZMod didn't have any complaints. Does anyone have any screenshots of what it should look like? Has anyone successfully installed this with 2.0.18?

Thanks,
Dave
da_badtz_one

Post by da_badtz_one »

I would have wished this mod to have been much more efficient. Currenctly it takes 17 seconds to search through a topic which has over 400 replies and over 3500 queries.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”