[2.0.10] Admin Links

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
29%
Very Good
29%
Good
14%
Fair
29%
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 7

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

[2.0.10] Admin Links

Post by Extensions Robot »

MOD Name: Admin Links
Author: Shof515
MOD Description: Allows admin to add links in the the admin panel.Clicking onto the link will redirect the user to that page.These Links will only be viewable to the admin in the admin panel

MOD Version: 1.4.0

Download File: admin_links_104.zip
mods overview page: View
File Size: 1641 Bytes

Security Score:
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
Darkmonkey
Former Team Member

Post by Darkmonkey »

MOD Validated/Released

Notes:
This MOD enables you to add links to your Administration Control Panel. File editing is required to add a new link.
mickelsn

Not Very Useful for Me...

Post by mickelsn »

Unfortunately, this isn't very useful for me since phpBB keeps adding the SID (session ID) variables to every link you enter in the file. Thus, it works OK for getting into my phpMyAdmin, but it breaks the login for my web host's custom control panel.

Is there any way to prevent phpBB from appending the SID to every link you place here? If so, that would make this supremely useful for me...

Thanks...Neil
Shof515

Post by Shof515 »

umm....on my site,i have like 3-6 links on this mod,and they all load fine,without a problem.Heres a screenshot,i have a red square on the sid and on the link i clicked.The image link:
http://shof515.com/shof/alinks.jpg
but it breaks the login for my web host's custom control panel

What Control panel are you using,i am using Cpanel and have no problems:
http://shof515.com/shof/cpanel.jpg
Did you edit the file correctly,make sure it is something like this,where phpBB is something like Control Panel,and the phpbb.com the url to the control panel:

Code: Select all

$module['Quick Links']['phpBB.com'] = append_sid("http://phpbb.com");
I have photoshoped my admin panel so i dont get any of those what mod are you using to do this,etc....
Whos missing up my sig?
mickelsn

Post by mickelsn »

Yes, I've got that--the MOD works OK for linking to the phpMyAdmin from my provider (Dreamhost), but they use a custom control panel package (i.e. not cPanel), which I guess uses the "sid" variable, or at least is coded to reject a connection if they see a variable in the URL that they don't understand...

Is there ANY way to avoid having SID appended to every URL used here? I suppose I could mod the function "append_sid" to not do this for those links that are going outside the phpBB domain, but I'm wondering if there are any security ramificaitons for that? :?:

Neil
Shof515

Post by Shof515 »

append_sid is required in the file,becuase if u remove it,then u get a nastly parse error
Do u have any errors loading the control panel from the admin panel?...did u try talking to your host?
Whos missing up my sig?
mickelsn

Post by mickelsn »

Haven't thought of talking to the host...I can certainly try that.

I would think that it's not a great idea to be sending PHP session IDs from one domain (i.e. my forums) to another, anyway...it could be "hostile" and somehow hijack the session, right?

Oh, well...I'll play around a bit maybe.

Thanks.
Shof515

Post by Shof515 »

well...i am still learning php and from what i've been testing,apped_sid is he only thing that will work with-in the module code,unless i am using the link() code wrong,but i am looking into this
Whos missing up my sig?
ZyreXiaix

Post by ZyreXiaix »

$module['Admin Links']['Google'] = append_sid("http://www.google.com");
$module['Admin Links']['Google2'] =("http://www.google.com");

Not using the "append_sid" does not create any parse error on my part. In fact, there's quite a bit of content from the admin_adminlinks.php file I can comment out without any change in it's functionality. But anyway...

Here is the page I get when I click on either of the Google links, as described above:
Google
Error

Not Found
The requested URL /?sid=a40de3a90d2d3e8a73a27ed8f0910d46 was not found on this server.

Now, when you reference phpbb.com, everything loads fine. So I ask the same thing 'mickelsn' asks, .. Could someone please inform us how we can use this mod, and have the links request a url WITHOUT the SID?
jalabelle2

Post by jalabelle2 »

Awesome mod...one question.

Is there a way to make it so only user id=2 can use the links?

I put up a link to phpMyAdmin, then logged in. I signed out, and logged in as a test admin on my board, and got right into phpMyAdmin without entering a password. I deleted cookes, but it made no difference. I want to make it so either the password has to be used every time the link is used, or make it so only user id=2 can use the link (only root admin can use them)

Thanks!
Shof515

Post by Shof515 »

Un-tested,but it seems that it might work:
Find:

if (!empty($setmodules))
Before Add:

if($user_id == 2)
{
Find:

return;
}
After Add:

message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, Main Admin Only );
}
Whos missing up my sig?
jalabelle2

Post by jalabelle2 »

When I first put this code in, I got an Unexpected T_VARIABLE error and the left menu wouldn't show up. I took the space out between "Main Admin Only" and the ")" and that got rid of the error, but the link section would no longer show up in the menu unless I took all of this code out.

:D

Wish I knew a bit more about coding...I need to read up. I learned a LOT of html by just doing it, and learning slowly but surely php.

Thanks for the help...any other ideas?
Shof515

Post by Shof515 »

Talk to host to see if that they can password phpmyadmin.Even when i have phpmyadmin to remmber my username and password,it always ask me for the user and password.
Whos missing up my sig?
Minoesj

Post by Minoesj »

I have phpBB 2.0.13 and i have the CH-MOD installed.

Will i have problems to install this mod ?

Thanks
Animal Rights Concerns offering Animal Rights and Vegan Resources.
Go Vegan and start a more compassionate lifestyle today!
Trackit

Mod problem

Post by Trackit »

I get an issue with this mod. If I edit the links to point to a new IP it will not allow it to point and go to the new IP. eg.

$module['Admin Links']['some site'] = append_sid("http://24.2.2.2/MYForum/");

then change it to

$module['Admin Links']['some site'] = append_sid("http://10.1.1.1/MYForum/");

Everything exactly the same except for the IP address change.

it keeps pointing to the 24.2.2.2/MYForum, Even going into the database and removing the sid and allowing the administrator account to create a new sid it still points to the old address. And yes the file is properly altered and edited and saved with all the newer changes.

All cache and cookies for the admin account are deleted in the browser and the persistent data too. So it's not that.

Is this thing saving something somewhere else in the DB or to another file? Someone got a cure or solution for this?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”