[2.0.10] Moderator CP

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
65%
Very Good
18%
Good
9%
Fair
2%
Poor
6%

Total votes: 147

milkman

Re: [2.0.10] Moderator CP

Post by milkman »

Damn. I don't know what to suggest. By my reconing it should be all working fine. Are you sure your moderators are not just blind? :roll:
Milkman [MilkHub]

assyrian4all

Post by assyrian4all »

ok come sign up & iwill make you Moderator & tell me if you can see it

http://www.assyrian4all.net/forums

milkman

Post by milkman »

Done, as Milkman
Milkman [MilkHub]

assyrian4all

Post by assyrian4all »

your Mod Now in the name of Milkman

assyrian4all

Post by assyrian4all »

i just want to say thank you soo much for your help 1000 thank you

Cybeast Falzar

Post by Cybeast Falzar »

when I do the file edit everything after that point on the board disappears, I tried to make a link that would take the place of it below the admin link, but nothing happens, no link.

btw I'm using 2.0.22

milkman

Post by milkman »

Hi Cybeast Falzar,

Can you tell me which file you are having problems editing, and perhaps show me the part of the file that you think is causing the problems?
Milkman [MilkHub]

kking183

Post by kking183 »

can you tell me is there anyway that you can add a option in the admin panel so you can choose which forums the mods have control over without having to add them to each forum something a like global mod hack

milkman

Post by milkman »

kking183 wrote:can you tell me is there anyway that you can add a option in the admin panel so you can choose which forums the mods have control over without having to add them to each forum something a like global mod hack
This mod adds an admin-like control panel for your moderators. What you need to do is with the group and user permissions. If you do not want all your moderators (or moderating groups) to be listed on the forum listing then perhaps consider editing the template.
Milkman [MilkHub]

Night Sabre

Post by Night Sabre »

Hi Milkman!

first, i'd like to thank you for your work in this mod... it's sound like a great thing to add to any forum!

now, my problem is that i've re-installed this, like, three times, but i still can't get it to work...
there are several critical problems:
1.- i can't see the Mod CP module in the Admin CP
2.- moderators can't see the Mod CP link at the bottom
3.- i can't access the Mod CP via changing /admin/ to /modcp/ in the address bar when accessing the Admin CP

i really don't know what's wrong... i've read through the topic, but haven't found anything that solves this...

by the way, my phpBB version is 2.0.21 and the mod is 1.2.4...
oh, and, i've installed just one MOD/Add-Ons: the "Admin Userlist" (v2.06c)...

hope you can figure out what's wrong...

Thanks!

milkman

Post by milkman »

Hi Night Sabre,

Your error is one I've not come across yet. A couple of things come to mind...
  1. Are all the file/directory permissions all correct? Can the web server actually read the admin/admin_modcp.php file and the modcp directory.
  2. Are you sure you installed everything to the right places? I know that sounds silly but.. is the admin_modcp.php file in the admin directory along with all the other admin_*.php files? Is the modcp directory at the same level as the admin directory? (i.e. when you look at a directory listing do you see admin, modcp, includes, templates, etc. all together?)
One other question for the list... did you install by hand or using easy mod?
Milkman [MilkHub]

Night Sabre

Post by Night Sabre »

Thanks for answering!

Let's see...

1.- The permissions seem to be OK. Folders are set to 755 and files, to 644.
2.- Every file and folder is where it should be (double-checked this).
3.- I installed it by hand.

Any suggestions?

milkman

Post by milkman »

It really has got me stumped. You're 100% sure that it's not in the admin panel :-s I really don't know what's wrong. Sorry dude. If you do find out, please let me know!
Milkman [MilkHub]

Socialoutcast

Post by Socialoutcast »

Hi Milkman. I know you've been asked this question time and time again but the moderator cp link at the bottom of the forum just doesn't appear :o
I've triple checked all the files I ftp'd to my server and they seem to be in the right place and the sql queries went without a hitch. I've selected all the modules in the admin menu and the mod cp is there I can access it via admin panel by changing the address. There just isn't a link when I'm on the forum as a moderator.

So I reckon it's the infamous login.php and page_tail.php. I'm no php expert (wouldn't even say I'm an amateur lol) so I need your or someone elses opinion here are how the edited parts of the files look after I've (tried) to follow the instructions. Oh yeah the mod cp version is 1.2.4 (is that the latest?) and it's the latest phpBB 2

login.php:

Code: Select all

// Do a full login page dohickey if
	// user not already logged in
	//
	include_once($phpbb_root_path . 'modcp/functions_modcp.'.$phpEx);
	if( !$userdata['session_logged_in'] || (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['admin']) && $userdata['session_logged_in'] && ($userdata['user_level'] == ADMIN || has_perms())))

page_tail.php:

//
// Show the overall footer.
//
include_once($phpbb_root_path . 'modcp/functions_modcp.'.$phpEx);
$admin_link = ( $userdata['user_level'] == ADMIN ) ? '<a href="admin/index.' . $phpEx . '?sid=' . $userdata['session_id'] . '">' . $lang['Admin_panel'] . '</a><br /><br />' : ( has_perms() ? '<a href="modcp/index.' . $phpEx . '?sid=' . $userdata['session_id'] . '">' . $lang['Mod_CP'] . '</a><br /><br />' : '' );

milkman

Post by milkman »

Morning Socialoutcast,

Your edits look perfect! Some things to check...
  1. If you can could you run the following query on your database and let me know the results? I'm most interested in the modcp_levels_used.

SELECT * FROM phpbb_config WHERE config_name LIKE 'modcp_%'
  2. The other things to think about are whether you are using SubSilver template or another template, if it's another template you'll need to check that the admin link is correctly used, you can check this by making a random change to the admin link in your page_tail.php and check that the change happens when you reload the page as admin. Try something like

# FIND
    $admin_link =
    # IN-LINE FIND
    $lang['Admin_panel']
    # IN-LINE AFTER, ADD
     . ' 123 '
  3. Most templates are good and won't do anything to your admin link; in fact they can't really do anything without getting you to change any code! Can you remember if you've made any mods to your board that included an admin link? It might have gone into the page_header.php?
Milkman [MilkHub]

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”