Page 3 of 84

Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:53 pm
by Famitsu
Gimble wrote: Changed.

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: redirect() in /usr/home/web/users/a0018328/html/forum/modcp/pagestart.php on line 42
OK
copy your file pagestart.php from your admin directory to your new modcp directory = replace original file from the modCP

Then replace this line:

Code: Select all

if (!$userdata['session_logged_in'])
{
	redirect(append_sid("login.$phpEx?redirect=admin/", true));
}
else if ($userdata['user_level'] != ADMIN)
{
	message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, $lang['Not_admin']);
}
with

Code: Select all

if (!$userdata['session_logged_in'])
{
	redirect(append_sid("login.$phpEx?redirect=modcp/", true));
}
else if ( $userdata['user_level'] != MOD && $userdata['user_level'] != ADMIN )
{
	message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, $lang['Not_admin']);
}

@ [mez] -> they should work :?
otherwise you don't apply corretly changes i quoted above !!!
Be sure you are using PHP files from the ModCP, not your own

Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:45 pm
by t.fox
[mez] wrote: i got that part working, now i have another problem:

using FISubtext theme my moderators get this when they click on the MOD CP link (the Control panel shows up black and colours are all messed up):

This is a screenshot of the Moderator Control panel :|
Image
That PCN thing is just my logo (dont worry about that).

Can you tell me what is going on?

Thanks in advance.


To fix that problem I found out that you must change in template/your_templatename/modcp/page_header.tpl to reflected what is in the template/your_templatename/admin/page_header.tpl

Or what I did is just copied page_header.tpl from my template/your_templatename/admin/ directory to template/your_templatename/modcp/ directory It is going to replace that file and everything shows up now and works good. And I had the exact same problem you had.

Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:58 pm
by Famitsu
Can you both, send me your full template/your_theme/modcp directory (with all files) into a ZIP archive?
i will test it on my demo board ;)

Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:22 pm
by Flossie
I do hope you sort this.

I would love to be able to use this mod with a non-subsilver theme

Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:03 pm
by Famitsu
Flossie wrote: I do hope you sort this.

I would love to be able to use this mod with a non-subsilver theme
i'm using it with my own template which is totally different than subSilver

so there is no problem if HTML is easy for you :)

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:39 am
by [mez]
t.fox wrote:
[mez] wrote:i got that part working, now i have another problem:

using FISubtext theme my moderators get this when they click on the MOD CP link (the Control panel shows up black and colours are all messed up):

This is a screenshot of the Moderator Control panel :|
Image
That PCN thing is just my logo (dont worry about that).

Can you tell me what is going on?

Thanks in advance.


To fix that problem I found out that you must change in template/your_templatename/modcp/page_header.tpl to reflected what is in the template/your_templatename/admin/page_header.tpl

Or what I did is just copied page_header.tpl from my template/your_templatename/admin/ directory to template/your_templatename/modcp/ directory It is going to replace that file and everything shows up now and works good. And I had the exact same problem you had.


Thanks! It now works but it shows up the Group Admin: Permissions menu in the moderator cp... :? Something to do with "admin_au_auth.php"?

Famitsu: I will email you the files in a ZIP.

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:25 pm
by Famitsu
[mez] wrote: Thanks! It now works but it shows up the Group Admin: Permissions menu in the moderator cp... :? Something to do with "admin_au_auth.php"?

Famitsu: I will email you the files in a ZIP.
Hi
i received your files
all works perfectly even admin_ug_auth.php
i have only access to users permissions
groups permissions are locked

Be sure you are using the admin_ug_auth.php included in the contrib directory of the ModCP's archive
not your own admin_ug... from your admin directory
the file pre-edited is secured and is quite different than original

your admin_ug_auth.php is wrong and had not be edited like the FAQ.txt said
Use the one included, that will save you a lot of time :wink:

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:58 pm
by Abaweet69
Can you limit the MOD CP to certain moderators?

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:19 pm
by Famitsu
Abaweet69 wrote: Can you limit the MOD CP to certain moderators?
This will be a possibility with a new level similar to a global moderator (= having access to all forums) which will be available (soon) with the User Level Mod (Beta)
not within the ModCP, but it will have an addon directory which will explain how to edit the modcp

otherwise there is a trick with ranks (if you can't wait) :)
-> http://mods.db9.dk/viewtopic.php?p=16302#16302

Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:27 am
by [mez]
Famitsu: I have done what you told me and overwritten the admin_ug_auth.php file and all that. The black areas have gone away but im getting the same problem that i told about 't.fox's' method: it shows up the Group Admin: Permissions menu in the moderator cp... :cry:

Are you able to send me the whole (fixed) ModCp files for the FI subtext theme so then i can just upload those files and overwrite my current ones - this will fix the problem will it not?

Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:11 pm
by Famitsu
it looks weird because i used your templates files with no error, except a problem with template (no colors)
but links worked

Here is how works the admin_auth_ug in the ModCP
-> admincp -> user management -> users permissions -> choose your user -> list all groups he is member of
if you click on one usergroup, you are redirecting to the select page
therefore you cannot edit usergroups permissions, only users permissions per forum

Use ModCP's files, if you have others mods installed on similar files, edit these files

You can try some tests on a demo board (local server = your HDD), for example with EasyPHP http://www.easyphp.org/?lang=en

Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:42 pm
by Elux
Famitsu wrote:
Elux wrote:I get this error when using EasyMod for PHPBB:

Critical Error

Could not perform improperly formed COPY command.
copy root/modcp/admin_disallow.php to modcp/admin_disallow.php
MOD script line #138 :: FAQ :: Report

Can anyone help me install this and explain how as I really really need help please!
Maybe you unziped the root directory in a wrong path
should be:
admin/mods/modcp_1.0.5em/root
modcp_1.0.5em directory has install.txt


Do you mean create the directory on my server admin/mods/modcp_1.0.5em/root and then upload everything in the root folder to the server in that path?

Thanks,

Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:22 pm
by Famitsu
Elux wrote:
Famitsu wrote:
Elux wrote:I get this error when using EasyMod for PHPBB:

Critical Error

Could not perform improperly formed COPY command.
copy root/modcp/admin_disallow.php to modcp/admin_disallow.php
MOD script line #138 :: FAQ :: Report

Can anyone help me install this and explain how as I really really need help please!
Maybe you unziped the root directory in a wrong path
should be:
admin/mods/modcp_1.0.5em/root
modcp_1.0.5em directory has install.txt


Do you mean create the directory on my server admin/mods/modcp_1.0.5em/root and then upload everything in the root folder to the server in that path?

Thanks,
That was only if you use EasyMod
for manual installation, upload each directory where it should be:
phpbb2_root/modcp/
phpbb2_root/templates/your_theme/modcp/

Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:55 am
by [mez]
Famitsu wrote: it looks weird because i used your templates files with no error, except a problem with template (no colors)
but links worked

Here is how works the admin_auth_ug in the ModCP
-> admincp -> user management -> users permissions -> choose your user -> list all groups he is member of
if you click on one usergroup, you are redirecting to the select page
therefore you cannot edit usergroups permissions, only users permissions per forum

Use ModCP's files, if you have others mods installed on similar files, edit these files

You can try some tests on a demo board (local server = your HDD), for example with EasyPHP http://www.easyphp.org/?lang=en


I have no other mods... and when i use the normal MODCP files as from the Zip it shows that black colours.

Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:57 am
by Flossie
Some of the instructions below are not clear to me. Apologies if I am being stupid.
Famitsu wrote:
[mez] wrote:I installed this mod and it works fine, but only if the moderator is using the subSilver theme :(

if they are using any other theme and then try to access the moderator control panel they get this error:
Template->make_filename(): Error - file does not exist


Is this a problem with my files (file missing etc), bug in the mod, not installed correctly?
Hi

All Mods by default use subSilver template, it's a phpBB standard otherwise a mod cannot be validated

About others templates compliancy there is a subject
-> http://perso.edeign.com:81/kooky/viewtopic.php?t=145 (might be down?)

i will try to explain you how to do:
First, create a new modcp directory in your template_name
  • Then in your template/template_name/admin/ copy these files:
    • TPL files unchanged between admin and modcp = same
      - disallow_body.tpl
      - index.htm
      - index_body.tpl
      - index_frameset.tpl
      - index_navigate.tpl
      - page_footer.tpl
      - page_header.tpl
      - ranks_edit_body.tpl
      - ranks_list_body.tpl
      - smile_edit_body.tpl
      - smile_import_body.tpl
      - smile_list_body.tpl
      - user_avatar_gallery.tpl
      - user_ban_body.tpl
      - user_email_body.tpl
      - words_edit_body.tpl
      - words_list_body.tpl
    • TPL Files to be edit:
      - user_edit_body.tpl
      - user_select_body.tpl
Note: you need to change subSilver classes with your own (use by your template)
user_select_body.tpl

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------
#
		<td class="row1" align="center"><input type="text" class="post" name="username" maxlength="50" size="20" /> <input type="hidden" name="mode" value="edit" />{S_HIDDEN_FIELDS}<input type="submit" name="submituser" value="{L_LOOK_UP}" class="mainoption" /> <input type="submit" name="usersubmit" value="{L_FIND_USERNAME}" class="liteoption" onClick="window.open('{U_SEARCH_USER}', '_phpbbsearch', 'HEIGHT=250,resizable=yes,WIDTH=400');return false;" /></td>
#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------
#
		<td class="row1" align="center">
			<input type="text" class="post" name="username" maxlength="50" size="20" />
			<select name="username_list" onchange="document.forms['post'].username.value = document.forms['post'].username_list.options[document.forms['post'].username_list.selectedIndex].text">{S_USER_SELECT}</select>
			<input type="hidden" name="mode" value="edit" />
			{S_HIDDEN_FIELDS}
			<input type="submit" name="submituser" value="{L_LOOK_UP}" class="mainoption" />
			<input type="submit" name="usersubmit" value="{L_FIND_USERNAME}" class="liteoption" onClick="window.open('{U_SEARCH_USER}', '_phpbbsearch', 'HEIGHT=250,resizable=yes,WIDTH=400');return false;" />
		</td>
user_edit_body.tpl
This file has a lot of change which i can't explain (too long)
You will need to compare the file from subSilver/modcp/user_edit_body.tpl with you new file from your_template/modcp/user_edit_body.tpl
Do the same

Ok I think I can do that. The instructions seem to be: Reproduce the changes Neils made to "subSilver/modcp/user_edit_body.tpl" in "<your_template>/modcp/user_edit_body.tpl"?

1) disallow MOD to edit ADMIN and MODs accounts: {DISABLE_CHANGE}

Sorry I don't understand this instruction.
2) disable delete option:

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ FIND ]-----------------------------------
#
	<tr>
...
			{L_DELETE_USER_EXPLAIN}
...
	</tr>
#
#----[ REPLACE WITH ]--------------------------------
#
<!--	<tr>
...
			{L_DELETE_USER_EXPLAIN}
...
	</tr>-->

I think here we are just commenting out the whole table row? I think I understand that
3) the most difficult part (if you don't know HTML coding lines)
Here you need to reproduce profile code twice
First part: disable ADMIN and MODs fields (replace input with text)
ADD:

Code: Select all

	<!-- BEGIN switch_change_disallowed -->
.../...
	<!-- END switch_change_disallowed -->
Second part: original code
ADD

Code: Select all

	<!-- BEGIN switch_change_allowed -->
.../...
	<!-- END switch_change_allowed -->
Those lines appear twice


I don't really understand the above instruction.

I don't understand what I am supposed to be adding or where I am supposed to be adding it.