[2.0.10] ezDownloads

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
52%
Very Good
20%
Good
17%
Fair
2%
Poor
9%

Total votes: 46

HerrBawl

Post by HerrBawl » Tue May 10, 2005 10:04 pm

Sorry for the long silence from me here. I've been working on some other projects. I will shortly be updating ezDownloads again with the items the phpBB Mod Team pointed out and submitting it again sometime in the next couple of weeks.

stuarta

Post by stuarta » Mon May 23, 2005 10:41 pm

Sorry if this has been covered, but I've just been looking at the 'Downloads Directory' setting.

I'm assuming that this scans a folder for files and displays them even if they haven't been uploaded using the attach mod?

If so, is it possible for me to point it to a folder that isn't inside my phpBB folder?

HerrBawl

Post by HerrBawl » Tue May 24, 2005 6:00 pm

Yes, you'll just have to reference it like any other folder, so:

If your phpBB folder is http://www.domain.com/phpBB/

and you want it pointing to http://www.domain.com/uploads/

you would enter ../uploads

stuarta

Post by stuarta » Thu May 26, 2005 11:59 am

Thankyou, managed to get that sorted now.

Just some other questions I'm curious about, just trying to get the best out of it.

Is it possible to add descriptions to files that it scans in the download directory, in the Download section i.e like the descriptions show for files that have been attached and posted.

I'm assuming the Ezlinks mod simply gathers all links that have been posted, but do they categorise under the relevant forum they were posted in.

Sorry about these questions, I'm just trying to set something up so that my guys can easily upload files and display them with details. Attachment mod seems good, but worried about uploading large files.

Thanks

HerrBawl

Post by HerrBawl » Fri May 27, 2005 5:37 pm

You can modify it to maybe read a text file to gather a description of the files in the folder.

ezLinks has it's own admin CP where you add/remove links and categories.

xDazedx

Post by xDazedx » Sat May 28, 2005 5:44 pm

Herrbawl glad to see you back on :)

If you are making any mods to this, any chance of adding a "Posted By" column and a sort on that field in the Download display?

Since I have a music forum, people want to be able to sort by the member and be able to see and listen to all their music tracks.

Thanks for reading ;)

staticfiends

Post by staticfiends » Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:51 am

rahulgurjar wrote: Hi HerrBawl, thanks heaps for the update.
With the update, theres one problem with the "Comments" column on my site. The comments column always seems to link to "viewtopic.php?t="
This occurs with both regular users, admins, the people who posted the file, and people who didn't. I see youre site is fine though, so I'm wondering if you know what my problem is?
Anyway, despite that, its still a great mod!
Cheers
Rahul

I am getting the same problem on my site

nice work btw ;)

Charly Pixels

Post by Charly Pixels » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:00 am

HerrBawl wrote:
fallenturtle wrote:what file do I edit to make the SQL changes that are at the beginning of the mod instructions?

You need to run the SQL commands on your database, usually via phpMyAdmin

I am just a beginner here... Can someone explain a bit more on how to do this ? I have PHPMyadmin 2.6.1 on my cpanel but I do not know what to do with it. ?

:oops:
Last edited by Charly Pixels on Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Charly Pixels

Post by Charly Pixels » Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:57 pm

Ok, I think I've found it :

Do I have to type all this into it ?

INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` ( `config_name` , `config_value` )
VALUES (
'dload_root', '0'
),(
'dload_pag', '0'
),(
'dload_perpag_num', '20'
),(
'dload_perpag_type', '2'
),(
'dload_folder', '0'
),(
'dload_dir', ''
),(
'dload_comm', '1'
),(
'dload_dir_sub', '0'
),(
'dload_search', '0'
);

ALTER TABLE `phpbb_forums` ADD `dload_check` TINYINT( 1 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL ;

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:39 pm

It would be better if you copy and paste the code into the little window. If you type it, you may make a typo. You are on the right track though Charly Pixels...

Charly Pixels

Post by Charly Pixels » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:25 am

Thanks,

I got everything working now and especially I learned something more due to installing this mod.

Respect,

Charly. :wink:

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:38 am

That's good news. I've installed over 500 MODs on my and other boards and I probably learn something new on each new install. I am a Delphi programmer, but installing these MODs and seeing the different coding styles is helping me learn how to code in php too. This is all interesting stuff, as I'm sure you are finding out...

It sounds like you have one under your belts and hopefully many more MODs to look forward to. I hope you are using EasyMod. That will save you a lot of time and trouble...

:lol:

Charly Pixels

Post by Charly Pixels » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:27 am

thx.

No I am not using easymod because I am afraid that program will do everything for me and I will not learn how I realy have to fix it.

I have meanwhile 2 mods installed and I am looking forward to install some more.

Cheers.

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:01 am

Some prefer to get their hands dirty and manually apply their MOD scripts, but a great many come in here begging for help after doing so. You would think if they can apply their own code manually, they can also check their own work and find their own mistakes rather than relying on others to do it for them. Often times, their cries for help go unanswered too...

I bet I have learned a great deal more about php and phpBB by installing hundreds of MODs using EM than I ever could installing only a handful or two manually. But everyone has their own way of learning and doing things. Meanwhile with my way, the members of my community get to enjoy a lot more of what can be added to phpBB in a shorter period of time, without too many down periods caused by my mistakes...

It's a whole lot easier solving phpBB problems when the chance for human error is taken out of the equation. When people use EM to install their MODs, we can concentrate on coding problems or MOD conflicts immediately rather than wondering whether the installer screwed up, causing their own weird problem(s)...

:lol:

sickmusic

Post by sickmusic » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:48 am

staticfiends wrote:
rahulgurjar wrote:Hi HerrBawl, thanks heaps for the update.
With the update, theres one problem with the "Comments" column on my site. The comments column always seems to link to "viewtopic.php?t="
This occurs with both regular users, admins, the people who posted the file, and people who didn't. I see youre site is fine though, so I'm wondering if you know what my problem is?
Anyway, despite that, its still a great mod!
Cheers
Rahul

I am getting the same problem on my site

nice work btw ;)

me 2.. cheers

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”