[2.0.10] ezDownloads

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
52%
Very Good
20%
Good
17%
Fair
2%
Poor
9%

Total votes: 46

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

[2.0.10] ezDownloads

Post by Extensions Robot »

MOD Name: ezDownloads
Author: HerrBawl
MOD Description: This mod will create a Downloads page that dynamically pulls attachments from posts in specified forums using forum names as category headers and using the post title as sub categories with all of the attachments in that post listed below it.

MOD Version: 2.0.0

Download File: ezDownloads v2 0 0.zip
mods overview page: View
File Size: 5482 Bytes

Security Score:
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
ycl6

Post by ycl6 »

MOD Validated/Released

Notes:
This MOD makes an attachment listing for your forum for easy browing and downloading.
HerrBawl

Woohoo

Post by HerrBawl »

My first mod, yay! You can find a demo of it at http://www.herrbawl.com/ezdloads.php
stickerboy
Former Team Member
Name: Kenny Cameron

Post by stickerboy »

might sound like a dumb question, but i'm just wondering if the attatchment MOD is required for this MOD to work properly?

I'm guessing it is though :P
I'm a web-designing code-decrypting tech-support musician
|| Twitter || Flickr || phpBB Snippets ||
Formerly known as cherokee red
ycl6

Post by ycl6 »

cherokee red wrote: might if the attatchment MOD is required for this MOD to work properly?

Yes, it is

~Mac
Zac3010

Post by Zac3010 »

Am I still able to post my own downloads section for my site, without including the attachments of other users if I do not have the attachment mod installed?
HerrBawl

Post by HerrBawl »

I'm not sure what you mean. You have to have the attachment mod installed for my mod to work. All my mod does is look into specific forums (which you tell it in the ezdloads.php file) and find any attachments to those posts. It then displays a list of those attachments using the forum name as categories, and then post subject as a sub category. So, if you don't have the attachment mod installed it will not have anything to find and it will error out because the attachment tables don't exist.
NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

Ok, I modified the ezdloads.php file to include most of my forums, I thought. Currently, I have 3 attachments stored from posts. But when I click on download, the "No Downloads Are Currently Available" message is displayed...

This is how I modifed the ezdloads.php code to point to my forums. Are php arrays 0 or 1 based? I'm assuming 1...

Code: Select all

$CFG['dload_forum'] = '1,2,3,4,5,6';
Is there anything else that needs to be modified or have I done this modification incorrectly? Also, is there a way to know which forum belongs to each number? I have some Hidden forums that aren't intended to be in this list...

:?:
HerrBawl

Post by HerrBawl »

To find out what the forum ids are (which is what you need to put into the dload_forum array) you can go to the admin cp for Forum Management and if you hold your mouse over a forum name it'll show the link in the status bar, it should say ?f= whatever that equals is the forum id.

Also, it will only show attachments on the first post of a thread.
NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

Thanks HerrBawl! I had to correct a couple of the forum assignments in the dload_forum array. Is there any chance that this MOD will evolve to the point where it can find attachments that aren't in the root post? All of the current attachments in my forums are in response posts...

:!: :?:
HerrBawl

Post by HerrBawl »

I'll work on that. :lol:
NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

Great! All of my attachments, regardless of whether they came from the root or a response, are being saved in one folder. I'm pretty sure that there is a database entry for each file attachment name too. So it seems like the MOD could cycle through the Attachments folder and retrieve all the names, then do a SQL query to discover which forums they are posted. That should give ezdload all the information needed for the Downloads display. Perhaps ezdload could just run a query to obtain all the attachment information and bypass the cycling of the Attachments folder altogether...

Is this a possibility or am I missing something significant???

:lol:
HerrBawl

Post by HerrBawl »

I bypass the folder altogether and just run a query. I think I know where I'd need to change it to see all the attachments, not just the root. I'm actually going to add an admin control panel to choose the forums to pull from and I'll add a feature to have it pull all of the attachments and not just the root.
NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

My original thought didn't make nearly as much sense as just running a query as you are already doing. Does the attachment mod update the table differently for the root post than it does for the responses? I wouldn't think it would be necessary to treat the root attachment any differently than those embedded in the thread...

That will be a nice addition providing an Admin Control Panel option for the forum settings. Do you have any idea how long these additions/modifications will take? HerrBawl, I think you are off to a great start for your first MOD and I'm looking forward to any and all upcoming versions of it...

:lol:
HerrBawl

Post by HerrBawl »

I'm not sure on an ETA, I'm currently working on a random Quotes mod.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”