[2.0.10] ezDownloads

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
52%
Very Good
20%
Good
17%
Fair
2%
Poor
9%

Total votes: 46

tanner_S.

Post by tanner_S. » Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:00 am

In your new upcoming update, can we have a search engine in case things get big?

Also here I see no "TS Aviation Forum Index" link. Where do I add this?

-Tanner

HerrBawl

Post by HerrBawl » Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:17 am

I'll see what I can do to add a Search feature. And if you click on your logo in the upper left it'll take you back to your forum index

xDazedx

Post by xDazedx » Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:15 pm

HerrBawl:

I have one question for you on this. Does it query one attachment per thread or do you have it set to look for numerous attachments?

I have a some threads where people have posted an attachment and then in the same thread added a new post with a new attachment. Only the first attachment is displayed in the download section.

xDazedx

HerrBawl

Post by HerrBawl » Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:14 am

Currently the mod only looks at the first post of each thread for attachments. If you have multiple attachments on that first post it will show all of them. I am working on an update currently that will allow you to have it search the whole thread for attachments.

xDazedx

Post by xDazedx » Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:51 am

HerrBawl wrote: Currently the mod only looks at the first post of each thread for attachments. If you have multiple attachments on that first post it will show all of them. I am working on an update currently that will allow you to have it search the whole thread for attachments.

Yeah I saw it worked on anything in the first thread.

Looking forward to the update! This is a great mod, well done.

heartsoh1

Post by heartsoh1 » Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:45 am

HerrBawl wrote: I've got the Admin CP and backend done. Working on the front end now. Here's some pics of the Admin CP:

http://www.herrbawl.com/download.php?id=12

http://www.herrbawl.com/download.php?id=13

http://www.herrbawl.com/download.php?id=14

Just wondering if this is going ahead or should I look for alternatives (eg view attachments)

thanks

HerrBawl

Post by HerrBawl » Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:22 am

Yup, still working on it.

philnewton

Download security

Post by philnewton » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:30 pm

Is there a way to allow access to the downloads only for members of the forums that the downloads were posted in? Or, is there a way that only members of certain groups can access the downloads page? In my case, I just simply need to keep downloads available for the 'members' group only, not publically available.

HerrBawl

Post by HerrBawl » Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:59 am

Not currently, there isn't. I may work that into a later update.

philnewton

Post by philnewton » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:59 pm

Can ezdloads.php be moved to a distinct folder, so that folder could be password protected via my host? If so, what code changes need to be made to point to the file? (just file names would help, i don't expect you to give me a detailed mod) Thanks.

philnewton

Solution - advice?

Post by philnewton » Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:11 am

To get around the problem, I deleted the link to ezdloads from the header, and have linked ezdloads.php from a separate members' only page from my website. This is not bad, but there is no security; if someone was to find out the direct link, they could bypass the members page and go to ezdloads directly. So, being able to move ezdloads to a distinct pword-protected folder would be a great solution, if you can point me in the right direction. Thks.

xDazedx

Post by xDazedx » Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:16 am

I have another request that I am hoping you can incorporate. My site has a lot of attachments and it is only going to get worse lol.

I was wondering if there is a way that when you click on the download link, you make the page a bit smaller and maybe put the forums you added in tables?

example...

I have Forum One with lets say 100 downloads. You spend a long time scrolling to get to Forum Two and Forum Three. Any ideas on making this a bit easier?

This mod has been very helpful not to mention freeing up some HD space. No need to double post anymore. Also making it a members only thing would be great if you could add permissions.

philnewton

Full of great ideas, but no talent

Post by philnewton » Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:53 am

Love the mod, but have a couple more suggestions for updates:

1. Sort downloads alphabetically by subject.
2. If different users upload using the same subject, store the download under only one heading. (although being able to reply with downloads could achieve the same thing hopefully)

In my case, I'm creating a place for a technical library that users can contribute to, and want to be able to have it well organised by subject.

All the best

HerrBawl

Post by HerrBawl » Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:08 am

Here is a list of the new features that will be found in v3.0.0 (Which I'm pretty close to completing):

1. The ability to have the downloads page show attachments to the root only or from the whole thread.

2. A choice of three types of pagination, None, Per Page, and an Index.

3. List files from directories, this can include subdirectories.

4. The ability to search through the listed downloads.

5. Setting to have everyone see the Add/View comment link or only those logged in.

6. Admin control panel to handle the settings.

7. Admin control panel to choose which forums the attachments pull from.

xDazedx

Post by xDazedx » Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:45 pm

HerrBawl:

Looks good! Can't wait for the update :)

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”