[2.0.13] Copyright Information

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
50%
Very Good
36%
Good
7%
Fair
7%
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 14

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

[2.0.13] Copyright Information

Post by Extensions Robot »

MOD Name: Copyright Information
Author: Falstaff
MOD Description: Adds custom copyright information above the "powered by phpBB 2.0.*" copyright notice on the footer of all your forum pages, and creates a link to your copyright notice page. This is appropriate if your forum is part of a larger site with other content.

MOD Version: 1.0.1 (Updated 04/03/05)

Download File: Copyright_Information_1.0.1.mod
mods overview page: View
File Size: 6411 Bytes

Security Score: 0
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 »

MOD Validated/Released

Notes:
This MOD allows forum/site owner(s) to add an additional line of Copyright Information to the forum overall footer.
burnthome

Post by burnthome »

what the different between Site Copyright with this mod???it looks likes similar.....

could someone explain the differences ...

thanks,,
burnthome
Falstaff

Post by Falstaff »

I had not seen the other mod before when I wanted to add something similar to my site and created this one. Copyright Information also has an entry in the Admin CP to add a link to a copyright page if you have one.

Example site: www.trfbeefeaters.com/forum
English doesn’t borrow from other languages; it follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose grammar!
David Pook

Post by David Pook »

Superb MOD.

Easy to install.

One thing I will point out for those noobies amongst us (thats ME included) you also have to insert some SQL into your database. I didnt realise this at first coz i generally use EZMOD to install these MODS. 8O

So when it didnt happen, i opened the text file and read the instructions !!!! This is where the opening lines indicate you will need to insert some fields into your php_config table. :wink:

Hope this helps some others that may have got frustrated and gave up with this. I am really starting to enjoy PHP (even though my site was hacked a couple of weeks ago) the interest this has given me on re-installing the site is invaluable.

Keep it up fellas and many thanks for the lovely MOD :lol:
If you dont ask..... You dont get !!
Shof515

Post by Shof515 »

Whos missing up my sig?
XJBrian

Post by XJBrian »

I have installed this mod with phpBB 2.0.11. For the most part it works. However, the section it adds to the General Configuration page does not display the strings from language/lang_english/lang_admin.php or the database values. It is as if the admin/admin_board.php settings to not apply to that page. For example:

Code: Select all

<tr>
		<td class="row1">{L_SITE_COPYRIGHT}</td>
		<td class="row2"><input class="post" type="text" maxlength="255" name="copyright_name" value="{COPYRIGHT_NAME}" /></td>
	</tr>
Works as if it was

<tr>
		<td class="row1"></td>
		<td class="row2"><input class="post" type="text" maxlength="255" name="copyright_name" value="" /></td>
	</tr>
The copyright notice displays correctly at the bottom of the forums pages. So the problem appears to be local to templates/subSilver/admin/board_config_body.tpl.

Did something change between phpBB 2.0.10 and 2.0.11 that requires placing the admin/admin_board.php changes somewhere else also?

Thanks,
-Brian
Randy2008

Post by Randy2008 »

I tried to install it, and did, edited everything. Do we have to edit the info in the files, or does it show up for us to edit in the admin CP?

Also, if it is in the admin CP, where can I find it?
XJBrian

Post by XJBrian »

Randy2008 wrote: I tried to install it, and did, edited everything. Do we have to edit the info in the files, or does it show up for us to edit in the admin CP?

Also, if it is in the admin CP, where can I find it?

I gets the valuse from the database. Yes, it does add a section to the admin's control panel. Just bring up the general admin section's configuration page. In my case the section contains blank strings and empty edit controls. I removed the section until I either (a) see a fix posted here or (b) have time to look for the fix myself.

-Brian
Falstaff

Post by Falstaff »

I just tested this on a virgin 2.0.11 install to verify it works with the latest version with no issues.

XJBrian- It seems as if your install was not picking up the values from the database. Are you using the default table prefix? [ i.e. phpbb_ ] If not you'll have to insert the values copyright_year, copyright_name, & copyright_link into your config table.
English doesn’t borrow from other languages; it follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose grammar!
Minoesj

Post by Minoesj »

I don't find :'PHPBB_VERSION' => '2' . $board_config['version'],
(not even a part of it) at includes/page_tail.php

I'm using phpBB 2.0.13 with the CH-MOD installed (sub-forums)
How could i make this mod work ?

Thanks
Animal Rights Concerns offering Animal Rights and Vegan Resources.
Go Vegan and start a more compassionate lifestyle today!
Falstaff

Post by Falstaff »

Sorry! The version information was taken out so exploits can't google for vulnerable installations, so I need to update the instructions for includes/page_tail.php.

# 
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------ 
#
includes/page_tail.php

# 
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------ 
#

$template->assign_vars(array(

# 
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]-----------------------------------
#

//Begin Copyright Information MOD
	"COPYRIGHT_NAME" => $board_config['copyright_name'],
	"COPYRIGHT_YEAR" => $board_config['copyright_year'],
	"COPYRIGHT_LINK" => $board_config['copyright_link'],
	//End Copyright Information MOD
Minoesj

Post by Minoesj »

Thanks a lot.

I've made the changes and it works!
Animal Rights Concerns offering Animal Rights and Vegan Resources.
Go Vegan and start a more compassionate lifestyle today!
MarcN

Post by MarcN »

Nice MOD! :D
Sorry, for my bad English :cry:
ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 »

MOD Updated to version 1.0.1
See first post for Download Link

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”