[2.0.10] Bin

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
75%
Very Good
18%
Good
4%
Fair
No votes
Poor
4%

Total votes: 28

miels

Post by miels »

I have found another mod that does something like that:
http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/4717
btw: don't just use that hack! The source is missing an "AFTER, ADD" tag, almost at the top.

However, I've fixed that, and now it works fine when you use the delete button in the post itself. Unfortunately when you use the delete button linking to modcp (located at the bottom of a topic) it doens't work. I had the idea of a workaround: just remove that delete button! Removing an entire topic will still be possible, because you can just move it to the bin-forum (with auto-pruning enabled)

Unfortunately I can't find the file that creates the buttons (delete, move, lock and split) linking to the modcp. Any suggestions?
kooky

Post by kooky »

Buttons are in viewtopic.php and images path in template/your_theme/your_theme.cfg :wink:
My Contribs (included the User Class, ModCP...) | My blog

My Station: Image :: My Browser: Image
Saoshyant

Post by Saoshyant »

This MOD sounds interesting, however it's not what I am looking for. I'm pretty sure more people would be as interested as me in an Archiver MOD; one that would move automatically old posts without replies for X days and make them read-only. I don't like stuff like auto-prunning and I think lots of posts should be kept for history sake (in the forum that is), so an Archiver MOD would me much more nicer than a Garbage Bin MOD I believe.

Does anyone else agree with me? I was thinking of making this a request at the Mods Request section, but it would be probably missed among the lots of weird garbage that are posted there constantly :/
da_badtz_one

Post by da_badtz_one »

This is a nice mod that I've been using for quite a while but I've never found out how to make it leave a shadow rather than to just move the topic to another forum. I think this would be a nice addon to have. ;)
onux

Post by onux »

addso wrote: You can use an additional mod that does that with some forums. Read the full topic. I have that mod added, and each time a topic gets recycled, it decreases the post count.

Where do you find that mod?
onux

Post by onux »

onux wrote:
addso wrote:You can use an additional mod that does that with some forums. Read the full topic. I have that mod added, and each time a topic gets recycled, it decreases the post count.

Where do you find that mod?

anyone?
Jas_Jas

Post by Jas_Jas »

I have edited all the files and uploaded to my server but the recycle bin not show up anywhere. I have checked all the files, they all ok. I think may be the problem is in the first part of the instruction

Code: Select all

#-----[ SQL ]------------------------------------------
# If you use a beta release of EasyMOD, this instructions will be executed!
# Please read author notes to update your database.
# Note: '0' can be changed with Bin forum_id, e.g. '2' (depending of yours)
#
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('bin_forum', '0');
I dont know how to update my database, can someone show me the way, thank you...

Jas

Got it work...
Last edited by Jas_Jas on Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Capmaster

Post by Capmaster »

Handy.

I've been doing it the other way though - set up a forum called "Closed Topics" with mod or above viewing/posting priviledges, set delete permission to ADMIN on all board forums, and have the mods simply move junk topics to this forum. Nothing gets deleted, but merely moved here :wink:
Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

wGEric wrote: MOD Validated/Released

Notes:
This MOD makes it so that you create a trash can and moderators can move garbage posts to the trash can.

Normal school with a CH board.

Anyway.. thanks for the Vanilla MOD.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
da_badtz_one

Post by da_badtz_one »

Capmaster wrote: Handy.

I've been doing it the other way though - set up a forum called "Closed Topics" with mod or above viewing/posting priviledges, set delete permission to ADMIN on all board forums, and have the mods simply move junk topics to this forum. Nothing gets deleted, but merely moved here :wink:

Yeah that's what I do as well, similar. I've been working on a mod where it automatically makes a reply by the mod who presses that button. Something like moving to closed topics forum or something.

Right now it only randomizes the lists of sentences from a txt file off the server, but I'm planning to make it query the information and randomize a message which the mod him/herself can change. This will allow unique messages from all mods :)
Capmaster

Post by Capmaster »

da_badtz_one wrote:
Capmaster wrote:Handy.

Yeah that's what I do as well, similar. I've been working on a mod where it automatically makes a reply by the mod who presses that button. Something like moving to closed topics forum or something.

Right now it only randomizes the lists of sentences from a txt file off the server, but I'm planning to make it query the information and randomize a message which the mod him/herself can change. This will allow unique messages from all mods :)
Maybe roll in the canned messages hack?
Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps
thehawke

Post by thehawke »

Has anyone gotten this to work on CH?
Rimodar

Post by Rimodar »

Hey guys...Excuse me for my poor english but I need to ask how to do that:
kooky

Post by kooky »

Rimodar wrote: Hey guys...Excuse me for my poor english but I need to ask how to do that:
With a db manager :wink:
My Contribs (included the User Class, ModCP...) | My blog

My Station: Image :: My Browser: Image
Mut

Post by Mut »

Hi, is ther a demo of this anywhere?
http://www.rolleyes.net/forums - A site for general discussion, anime, game, tv, movies, fun articles, and more. Come by and become a member.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”