[2.0.10] HTML BBcode MOD

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
87%
Very Good
5%
Good
3%
Fair
5%
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 38

Sean-Michael

Post by Sean-Michael »

I installed this mod and all seems to be working, I mean I can use HTML in my posts and I can allow others threw the ACP but I have a question and on complaint.

At the top of this mode there is the following:
#
#-----[ SQL ]-------------------------------------------------
#
# REMINDER --- Make backups BEFORE installing MODs
#
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('bbcode_html_group', '-1');
#

I have no clue what this means but I followed all the other steps and like I say all seems to be working nicely. Could someone enlighten me on what this step was meant to do?

My complaint:
##
## NOTE --- It is also recommended the BBCode Buttons Organizer MOD !!!
##
## Allows for a neat display of unlimited quick BBCode buttons.
##
## **** Get it here:
## **** http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=145516
##

After installation of this mod my forum became broke, working the mod backwards to remove it and got my board back, maybe it was just me / mine but it could be mentioned somewhere for other, newer users of phpbb?

Anyway, I don't want to give the wrong impression, so far I love this mod and thank you for your time to share it!

inferno5

Post by inferno5 »

Any way to allow more than one person to embed HTML.... i desperately want to allow all Admins and Moderators be able to use this MOD... i did some modification to the MOD to allow all moderators and administrators for HTML but it was very messy... it would change the script automatically... the same happened when i changed the main admin allowed (user id=2) to a different userid (3, or 6, or 9) so I changed it back to 2 and everything worked fine on userid=2...
Was that because of some settings or config because my forum is hosted on a hosting company's server...
I know for certain that I am unable to use some syndication services such as incoming rss feeds etc because of hosts settings not allowing syndication from absolute urls...
Anyone to share a thought.... I posted this message a few weeks ago as well..
Thanks
Looks like this thread is dead now...
Free Fun | Games | Music | Movies etc >> Click here

Sean-Michael

Post by Sean-Michael »

Maybe I am off on what you want to do but...

In my Admin Control Panel under Configuration I see the following entry.
Allow HTML BBCode
You can set the HTML BBCode as disabled to ALL (recommended). Only the main board Administrator is allowed to change this setting.
Select 'Administrators' to allow other administrators to use the HTML BBCode.
Select a user group to allow its members (and other administrators) to use the HTML BBCode.
IMPORTANT: Allow usage of this BBCode with care, ONLY if you trust them 100% !!!

I believe the idea here is to set permissions for a group of your choice? As it states you could set up for group to use and admin also has permissions.

Please let me know if this helps?

Also, did you understand the statement in my post about [ SQL ] , if so what did you do here?

Sean-Michael

Post by Sean-Michael »

EDIT: Got it.

From phpmyadmin I selected my database, then selected SQL tab at to of page, then in "Run SQL query/queries on database..." I inputed the line from mod and clicked GO.

Anyone confirm I did correct steps? I'm new in this area. :roll:

keio

Re: [2.0.10] HTML BBcode MOD

Post by keio »

Where can I download this mod while the main mirror is down?

Raimon
Former Team Member
Name: Raimon Meuldijk

Post by Raimon »

Need phpBB installation, extenstions, Styles or integrate phpBB with you website?
Contact me for fair prices and good service!

cotp

Post by cotp »

Hello everyone :)

Now that the phpBB3 RC1 has just been out, I used a convertor of my modded phpBB2, I wanted you to tell me what you think I should do with this mod and all my "bbcodes html /html".

How can I use the phpBB3 system so that it would recognize this bbcode, any hint ?

Thanks in advance

Cotp

sharmila

Post by sharmila »

hi I am sharmila. I read about this mod about posting Html in forums, I want to install it too, but i have no idea how to do it. i just know to download the file and unzip it. but i dont know wot to do next can u tell me please

mscheurer

Post by mscheurer »

Hey all,
does anyone know how to get this mod to show up in EasyMod?

Upped it into the admin/mods directory but EasyMod doesn't see it.

cheers
michael

TechieTW

Post by TechieTW »

:? Hopefully this thread is NOT dead yet. I am using version 2.0.22 subSilver and I have installed the MOD and everything works fine, except for two things....

All text after the [/html] tag is included as a link. Including the poster's signature. Very weird.
Here is the code for a specific post, notice where the HTML tag ends:

Code: Select all

[html]<a href="http://whateverURL.com" target="_self"</a>Click This Link Today[/html] for details!
However, the whole post becomes a link and if I enable the signature on the post, it too becomes part of the link. The link works perfectly BUT something definately is not right. If you want to see an example, click this link.

Also, I cannot figure out how to allow users that I "trust 100%" to have HTML privelages. According to the MOD's write up, I should be able to allow ADMINS, MODS and select users this capability from a control panel, and all other's to just have what ever tags I allow. I can't find the interface.

Can anyone assist?

cotp

Post by cotp »

People using that mod should be advised that there is currently no support on migrating it to phpBB3 other that edit all posts where you have used it...

So if you plan on updating/converting your forum to phpBB3, I would suggest not to install this mod...

Cotp

TechieTW

Post by TechieTW »

cotp wrote:People using that mod should be advised that there is currently no support on migrating it to phpBB3 other that edit all posts where you have used it...

So if you plan on updating/converting your forum to phpBB3, I would suggest not to install this mod...

Cotp

Thanks for the advice, but what about my questions regarding my version and the mod? :?

killyouall

Post by killyouall »

i was wondering if this is still compadible with the latest phpbb 2.0.22

shan_aya

Post by shan_aya »

hi,
how to add [html] parsing to gf-portal ?
your mod works in my forum but not in my portal ( news post )
thx

http://www.gf-phpbb.com/

Bio-Con

Post by Bio-Con »

In the part where it says

#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------------
#
includes/bbcode.php
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------
#
# NOTE --- The lines to look for are like the following, much longer if you have other BBCode MODs installed:
# $EMBB_widths = array('') ;
# $EMBB_values = array('') ;
#
$EMBB_widths = array(''
$EMBB_values = array(''
#
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------
#
//+MOD: HTML BBCode MOD
if( bbcode_html_allowed() )
{
$EMBB_widths[] = '40';
$EMBB_values[] = 'HTML';
}
//-MOD: HTML BBCode MOD
#

---------------------

I can't find ANYWHERE that is says $EMBB_widths.. I know because I've searched the whole thing about 5 times. What exactly am I looking for? Starting to get frustrated..

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”