[2.0.10] Game Icons (PCP Add-On)

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
100%
Very Good
No votes
Good
No votes
Fair
No votes
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 3

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

[2.0.10] Game Icons (PCP Add-On)

Post by Extensions Robot »

MOD Name: Game Icons (PCP Add-On)
Author: Nofa_Loki
MOD Description: This Mod Adds Selectable Icons for games, it can be adapted for Just about any use. This mod requires the Profile Control Panel Mod to be installed.

MOD Version: 1.0.6

Download File: gameicondisplayV1.0.6.zip
mods overview page: View
File Size: 29275 Bytes

Security Score:
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
wGEric
Former Team Member
Name: Eric Faerber

Post by wGEric »

MOD Validated/Released

Notes:
This MOD adds to the users profile and lets them choose the games that they own. It requires the Profile Control Panel MOD to work.
Weaksid

Post by Weaksid »

I installed this mod and it looks nice. Are you planning on adding more games later on? I did notice you had pretty much only the newer games. I just want to know before I start adding my own to the list.
Nofa_Loki

Post by Nofa_Loki »

I have basically added the games I have, using the actual installed Icon, not something just Made up. So As far as Making more Gaming Icon's are concerned, I sort of left that up to the end user. Otherwise I could spend the rest of my life making Icons from past games. If you Need help making an Icon Just let me know, Sorry for the delay'd responce. Didnt know I got Validated till just now.

Simple way to make the Icon. First, Do a Google for Icon Sucker. Download, Install. Run. You can point it to installed programs, and in many cases Uninstalled CD's of Programs. You then Suck the Icon out in a BMP format. I then Suggest reducing its size to 16x16 and saving as a gif. Thats about it.. The rest is in the code, which is very very very easy to replicate... Just remember 3 steps. Language, Field, Map.

Create the Language Entry so the words show up, Create the Field so it exists in the database, and Map it so phpbb knows where to put it. If you get confused, Look at the install file, and look at the other games listed. Look at the files they alter. Also look at the way things are displayed in the ACP of PCP. After a little looking it should all make sense.

For you Pro's out there, If you have the desire or means to make this a non-PCP integration, have at it.. As that will not be in my future at this time.
acslater

Post by acslater »

great mod, thanks very much! :D

very easy to add, and i can understand everything it's doing when i do the edits as well...so now i know how easy it is to add other options such as this

thanks again!
Weaksid

Post by Weaksid »

Thanks for the info! 8)
Nofa_Loki

Post by Nofa_Loki »

Great!!! I am glad to hear you like it. I have also developed a Medal System Mod with much the same concept. Its still a little messy imho but I have sent it for review. Hopefully they have some suggestions on how to make it more admin friendly. Works fine, just bulky. But then again.. isnt everything in ACP? LOL

Once again any problems let me know.
DoDe

Post by DoDe »

Is there any possibility to show the icons in the title of the topic?
I mean i'm writting a topic and i want to mark for what game is the topic written so when people read the topic they see for what game it is.
Nofa_Loki

Post by Nofa_Loki »

You could always use bbcode to link to the image location. This mod was designed to add things to a users profile, not for posting in forums.

If you'd like to check it out, simply Type your title like so...

Code: Select all

Combat Tactics on Level 3 [img=http://domain.com/image_location/imagename.gif][/img]
This ought to display the image you want.

At present I am not familiar with a mod that does this directly.
noth

Post by noth »

can we have a DEMO please? or at least a few screenshots? :wink:
Jimerson

Post by Jimerson »

Yeah Sceens or a Demo would be nice.

Thanks,
Jim
Shanana

Post by Shanana »

What does this look like?
Shanana

Post by Shanana »

What does this look like?
Nofa_Loki

Post by Nofa_Loki »

My Apologies for my lack of support on this, at present I am working on creating a medal system mod that does not require the use of PCP, Once that is done, makeing an update to this will be a snap and therefore will have both published. Should you require a screenshot/demo Unfortunately i dont even run PCP anylonger and do not intend to. However, the new versions will have the proper contrib's for those of you that do.

Its a very small mod in actuality, so if you really want to see it, give it a shot. Its also just as easy to remove.
Darkharmony

Post by Darkharmony »

This is exactly what I'm looking for except I only want it controllable by moderators.

Basicly what I want is to be able to give someone a image(badge) as acknowledgement for participating in a event.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”