[2.0.11] Profile Views

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
63%
Very Good
13%
Good
13%
Fair
6%
Poor
6%

Total votes: 16

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

[2.0.11] Profile Views

Post by Extensions Robot » Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:47 pm

MOD Name: Profile Views
Author: Manipe
MOD Description: Shows how many times a user's profile has been viewed, just above the joined date. Only shows individual visitors. Visitors who visit the same profile more than once in a day are only counted as one view.

MOD Version: 1.1.1 (Updated 01/11/05)

Download File: profile_views_1.1.1.zip
mods overview page: View
File Size: 3799 Bytes

Security Score: 0
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)

wGEric
Former Team Member
Name: Eric Faerber

Post by wGEric » Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:19 pm

MOD Validated/Released

Notes:
This is a simple MOD that shows how many times each users profile has been viewed.
Eric

lozt

Post by lozt » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:46 am

Im been trying to get this to work with PCP, but its not going to well.

I did everything as followed on the instructions, but lets out the "templates/subSilver/profile_view_body.tpl" part.

{PROFILE_VIEWS} i beleive is for just showing the view count
and
{L_PROFILE_VIEWS} i think its what does the actual counting.

if this is true, the only problem i am having is adding {L_PROFILE_VIEWS} to my forum.

Any help would be great.
Thanks

btw, does this count by unique ip? or does it count as much as someone refreshes the page?

stickerboy
Former Team Member
Name: Kenny Cameron

Post by stickerboy » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:57 am

nice MOD, installed perfectly on my board :)
lozt >> it changes on every refresh ;)
I'm a web-designing code-decrypting tech-support musician
|| Twitter || Flickr || phpBB Snippets ||
Formerly known as cherokee red

Bill Latham

Post by Bill Latham » Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:05 pm

I like the MOD very much. I wasn't thrilled with it having it's own table row, however. So I changed that to include the Profile Views line within the right table data cell, and emphasized it with a slight color variation:

Last edited by Bill Latham on Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Manipe
Former Team Member

Post by Manipe » Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:53 pm

lozt wrote: Im been trying to get this to work with PCP, but its not going to well.

I did everything as followed on the instructions, but lets out the "templates/subSilver/profile_view_body.tpl" part.

{PROFILE_VIEWS} i beleive is for just showing the view count
and
{L_PROFILE_VIEWS} i think its what does the actual counting.

if this is true, the only problem i am having is adding {L_PROFILE_VIEWS} to my forum.

Any help would be great.
Thanks

btw, does this count by unique ip? or does it count as much as someone refreshes the page?

{PROFILE_VIEWS} is what shows the view count.
{L_PROFILE_VIEWS} is actually the part that says "Profile views" on the profile page.

The code that updates the view count is in includes/usercp_viewprofile.php

And there shouldn't be any problem with PCP, unless you installed the MOD incorrectly.
My MODs: [ Topics a user has started ] , [ Profile views ] , [ Colour on poll results ] , [ Topic posters ] , [ Add number to PM ] , [ Default avatar ] , [ View category name ] , [ Null vote ] , [ Forum description in viewforum ] , [ Resync forum ids ] , [ View PM while replying ] , [ Quick poll insert ] , [ Limit login attempts ] , [ Track PMs ]

www.ManipeF1.com

Manipe
Former Team Member

Post by Manipe » Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:57 pm

cherokee red wrote: nice MOD, installed perfectly on my board :)
lozt >> it changes on every refresh ;)

Thanks. :D

Do you think anything should be added to the MOD??
My MODs: [ Topics a user has started ] , [ Profile views ] , [ Colour on poll results ] , [ Topic posters ] , [ Add number to PM ] , [ Default avatar ] , [ View category name ] , [ Null vote ] , [ Forum description in viewforum ] , [ Resync forum ids ] , [ View PM while replying ] , [ Quick poll insert ] , [ Limit login attempts ] , [ Track PMs ]

www.ManipeF1.com

vietgamer

Post by vietgamer » Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:09 am

Make it so increase count by IP only, instead of every refresh, that way people won't spam the page views. :P Good mod...

lozt

Post by lozt » Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:36 am

I will try to redo the mod again, thank you for sharing this with us. I am looking forward to any updates you may have in mind, but here is a few suggestions I would like to run by you.

Yes, one IP per day would be great! Also, have an option where it can keep count of Total Veiws and Total Views Per Month. Have stats of who has the most views per month. This would keep them posting more on the forum trying to get more fame.

Manipe
Former Team Member

Post by Manipe » Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:42 am

lozt wrote: I will try to redo the mod again, thank you for sharing this with us. I am looking forward to any updates you may have in mind, but here is a few suggestions I would like to run by you.

Yes, one IP per day would be great! Also, have an option where it can keep count of Total Veiws and Total Views Per Month. Have stats of who has the most views per month. This would keep them posting more on the forum trying to get more fame.

Sounds good but it's difficult.
I'll try though

www.ManipeF1.com

lozt

Post by lozt » Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:51 am

Even by making it count views by IP (one ip allowed per day) that alone would enchance your mod a great deal. By having profile views that counts by impressions, people would just keep clicking the refresh button on their browser. I am not demanding any changes or anything like that, but its something that we would like to use and its more of a suggetion.

:D

stickerboy
Former Team Member
Name: Kenny Cameron

Post by stickerboy » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:27 pm

There is a MOD called S.A.V.I >> stop author view increase, which stops the view increase for a topic when the author views it.
This might be helpful with your MOD. like lotz said - right now, all a user has to do is refresh.
Might want to have a look at disabling guests from increasing this aswell ;)

If you want I can have a look at writing up a stats module for you :) - pm me if you're interested :)
I'm a web-designing code-decrypting tech-support musician
|| Twitter || Flickr || phpBB Snippets ||
Formerly known as cherokee red

Krisiun

Post by Krisiun » Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:43 pm

Simple, but nice and interesting MOD. :wink:

PhrostByte

Post by PhrostByte » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:01 am

Alright, I have downloaded and installed the Profile Control Panel 2.0 and I have also downloaded and installed the Profile Views mod. The only problem I'm having is that everything installed properly, But the Profile Views aren't showing up in the Profile...
Is there anyway to fix this problem? I can't seem to figure this one out myself, so I figure someone here would probably know how to fix this or at least give me a few ideas of how to do it.

Thanks in advance,
PhrostByte

Manipe
Former Team Member

Post by Manipe » Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:31 pm

PhrostByte wrote: Alright, I have downloaded and installed the Profile Control Panel 2.0 and I have also downloaded and installed the Profile Views mod. The only problem I'm having is that everything installed properly, But the Profile Views aren't showing up in the Profile...
Is there anyway to fix this problem? I can't seem to figure this one out myself, so I figure someone here would probably know how to fix this or at least give me a few ideas of how to do it.

Thanks in advance,
PhrostByte

First does it show in the profile "Profile views: 0"
or does is say nothing at all?

Do you have a website where the problem is located?

www.ManipeF1.com

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”