[2.0.11] Resize Posted Images Based on Max Width

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
64%
Very Good
14%
Good
14%
Fair
4%
Poor
4%

Total votes: 72

baerenwurm

Post by baerenwurm » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:49 pm

I.e. IE displays the images correctly (or resized respectively)?

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:09 pm

It sure does. It displays properly in Opera, Firefox, and IE. Look at the second welcome image from this topic. The first came in under size...

Welcome to RCF, SamCapone!

I have 2.4.5 installed on my 2.0.17 board...

:lol:

baerenwurm

Post by baerenwurm » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:13 pm

K, sorry - installation error obviously. :oops:

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:16 pm

Try restoring your backups and use EasyMod to install it and see what happens...

:lol:

PlayGod

Post by PlayGod » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:56 pm

I think in many cases, it's not a question of the mod "working", it's a case of the mod being incompatible with certain browsers: in particular, Mac browsers Firefox and Safari.

I had the mod installed and working fine for most users, but Mac users had problems (described above.)

I did not use EasyMod; I was not aware of it. I'll certainly try it on my test forum and see if it works.

Suggestions to newbies which will solve 90% of your MOD heartaches: install phpbb twice on your site, in different directories. Try new mods and templates in your tester before you employ them on the live forum. You can use the same database for both installations, provided your mods do not affect the database schema. If you don't want your test posts to show, create a hidden forum with Admin-only access. A hidden forum is also a good place to "move" "deleted" posts, if you want to save the post but make it look as if it's been deleted.

Always back up files and keep them in a safe place until you are satisfied with the results of your mods. Always be able to "step back" to stable versions of your forum files.

spoof_m0nkey

Post by spoof_m0nkey » Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:12 am

beautifuly done! i've been looking for this mod for a long time.

mr.beery

Post by mr.beery » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:33 pm

it work fine. but had some problem with attach mod. all image that upload via attach mod not show.

this pic before install mod.

after install mod.

babydoll2u

Post by babydoll2u » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:32 am

Is there an uninstall for this? I installed it with easymod and being a newbie and dummy, I didn't back up my database, and of course, easy mod doesn't have an uninstall yet! grrrrrrrrrrr... this thing is wrecking my forum

any advice? please?
Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

babydoll2u

Post by babydoll2u » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:15 am

PlayGod wrote: I think in many cases, it's not a question of the mod "working", it's a case of the mod being incompatible with certain browsers: in particular, Mac browsers Firefox and Safari.

I had the mod installed and working fine for most users, but Mac users had problems (described above.)

I did not use EasyMod; I was not aware of it. I'll certainly try it on my test forum and see if it works.

Suggestions to newbies which will solve 90% of your MOD heartaches: install phpbb twice on your site, in different directories. Try new mods and templates in your tester before you employ them on the live forum. You can use the same database for both installations, provided your mods do not affect the database schema. If you don't want your test posts to show, create a hidden forum with Admin-only access. A hidden forum is also a good place to "move" "deleted" posts, if you want to save the post but make it look as if it's been deleted.

Always back up files and keep them in a safe place until you are satisfied with the results of your mods. Always be able to "step back" to stable versions of your forum files.

wish I'd read this before I installed this mod....... :roll:
just call me the new dummy on the block
Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

murnauvsbuñuel

Post by murnauvsbuñuel » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:52 am

hi,this look the great mod.

but i have install the following templates in my forum phpBB 2.0.18 in some don´t work rmw mod :cry:, the images don´t resize.

MorpheusX (don´t work rmw)
MorpheusXBlue (don´t work rmw)
Classic (don´t work rmw)
fisubice (don´t work rmw)
ashGrunge (yes work rmw)
subSilver (yes work rmw)

have any solution to rmw mod work on the templates MorpheusX, MorpheusXBlue, Classic and fisubice??

help please please :?

christiansongwriter

Post by christiansongwriter » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:28 pm

PlayGod wrote: Crikey, I experienced the same problem -- Safari users and some Firefox users (Mac) could not view posts. From what they told me, it seemed the tables were loading, but the post text was not. They could still post, but could not view any of the text in posts.

My forum's Safari users are reporting the same thing...any ideas how I can fix this for them? (Besides pointing them to IE :D )

Thanks!
James

digitos

Post by digitos » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:44 pm

Excellent!!!
but in SubOracle template don't work and the images don't resize....

Have any solutions for this template?

thank's

digitos

digitos

Post by digitos » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:55 pm

Ah no!!! The Mods works too in SubOracle template but only with the images load by tag [IMG][/IMG].
It's possibile resize the attachments?

Kommercial

Post by Kommercial » Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:17 am

How would I got about removing "{Description}" from beside each image?

Kommercial

Post by Kommercial » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:08 pm

Can someone help me with this, please?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”