[2.0.11] Resize Posted Images Based on Max Width

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
64%
Very Good
14%
Good
14%
Fair
4%
Poor
4%

Total votes: 72

DougB

Post by DougB » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:21 am

Can't get the mod to work with 2.0.19...any ideas?
DougB
more coffee needed...

ViCatz

Post by ViCatz » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:32 pm

Y'all
I read the first post in this thread and went to the link provided where the authour states this mod is no longer current and there is a new and better mod here http://www.christianfecteau.com/echo/mw3_1.0.1.zip
I installed that on my test forum using easy mod. It appears to work fine. Downsizes images to fit your screen so you don't have to scroll side to side.

I wish to use thumbnails and am looking for the info regarding it and Imagick. Specifically what version, where do I get it and how do I install it so I can enable a thumbnail view of the uploaded file.

DougB

Post by DougB » Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:19 pm

Cool info, thanks ViCatz...
DougB

BTW if you're using a service provider for your website your ISP provider usually has Imagick on their site under services. Check with them...
more coffee needed...

C2

Post by C2 » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:35 pm

ViCatz wrote: Y'all
I read the first post in this thread and went to the link provided where the authour states this mod is no longer current and there is a new and better mod here http://www.christianfecteau.com/echo/mw3_1.0.1.zip
I installed that on my test forum using easy mod. It appears to work fine. Downsizes images to fit your screen so you don't have to scroll side to side.

I wish to use thumbnails and am looking for the info regarding it and Imagick. Specifically what version, where do I get it and how do I install it so I can enable a thumbnail view of the uploaded file.

Thanks for the link.
I tested that mod with 2.0.19 on themes Morpheus, and Artemis from phpbbstyles.com. I used Firefox and IE and the mod worked on both occasions. In Firefox it adds a scrollbar under the image, but keeps it the same size. It also adds a scrollbar under text that is too long. In IE it actually shrinks the image, but you can click on it to make it larger.

Installed just fine with easymod too. :)

You can also use the abnormal_post_wedening_fix.mod.
It is a lot better for Firefox users, but I don't think it works in IE.

ViCatz

Post by ViCatz » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:54 am

Turns out I am not completely problem free after all

I seem to get this error message when I try to upload pics of 300kb and 1280x1024.

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, support@netfirms.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

If I edit and shrink the pic it will allow me to upload.
I am eXtreme mods. 2.19 phpBB
I have installed the most recent resize pics mod so pics do not break out of screen.

In the Special Categories tab in the admin panel I see leaving settings at 0 is supposed to enable all file size and imposes no limits. Even wehn I set limits to 1500x1200 I still get the internal server error message.

Is it that I do not have the settings for imagick set right in Special Categories? Currently set as /usr/bin/convert however I suspect maybe I have to create the folders and do I change usr to the name of my board classiccougar?

I got this error message from one of the members

Could not get User Quota

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during query

SELECT l.quota_limit FROM phpbb_attach_quota q, phpbb_quota_limits l WHERE q.user_id = 42 AND q.user_id <> 0 AND q.quota_type = 1 AND q.quota_limit_id = l.quota_limit_id LIMIT 1

Line : 181
File : posting_attachments.php

And a further clue from another member of my board

I've been having trouble seeing the forums for the last week or so. Everything loads properly then disappears to leave a blank grey box with the posters sig being the only thing visible.

I'm using Safaria as a browser on Mac OSX 10.39. It seems to work ok using Firefox, but I do prefer Safari.

Everything workedfine until about a week ago.

So if anyone has an idea....
Thanks

jessan

Post by jessan » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:35 am

Didnt work. Nothing happens (both this and mw3)

jgrissom21

Error Message

Post by jgrissom21 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:24 am

Hi Spooky,

I just downloaded and installed your MOD 'mw3 (Prevent Any Layout From Being Broken)'.

After doing so, everything works fine except when I try to reply to "any" message in the forums. The error code is this -

Parse error: parse error in /home/usr/jgrissom/WWW/phpBB2/includes/topic_review.php on line 224

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: topic_review() in /home/usr/jgrissom/WWW/phpBB2/posting.php on line 1109

However, I restored "ONLY" the topic_review.php file and everything seems :? to be working now. Am I correct or is there something else I need to do?

Please help!

John

paolo_705

Re: Error Message

Post by paolo_705 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:25 pm

jgrissom21 wrote: Hi Spooky,

Parse error: parse error in .../includes/topic_review.php on line 224

I have got exactly the same problem...

capeweather

Post by capeweather » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:27 am

Kind of a newb to php and wanted to know if I was doing this right. I really like the sound of this mod and its capabilitites and want to get it working. Can some of you review my code and see I'm doing the right placement. I dont get any errors when I look at the images in my forum but they just do not work. Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

By the way I am trying to install the latest version 1.0.1

Here is what I dont get.

These are the instructions
includes/topic_review.php
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
# around line 198
#
'MESSAGE' => $message,
#
#-----[ IN-LINE FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
=>
#
#-----[ IN-LINE AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------
#
'<mwthree style="display:none"></mwthree>' .
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
# around line 224
#
includes/page_tail
#
#-----[ BEFORE, ADD ]------------------------------------------
#
echo '<script type="text/javascript" src="' . $phpbb_root_path . 'templates/mw3.js"></script>' . "\n";
echo '<script type="text/javascript"><!--' . "\n";
echo 'window.topr = true;' . "\n";
echo '//--></script>';

And this is how I have it in my coding but I dont think its right. This portion is for line 224 includes/page_tail
{
message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, 'Topic_post_not_exist', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
}
$db->sql_freeresult($result);

$template->assign_vars(array(
'L_AUTHOR' => $lang['Author'],
'L_MESSAGE' => $lang['Message'],
'L_POSTED' => $lang['Posted'],
'L_POST_SUBJECT' => $lang['Post_subject'],
'L_TOPIC_REVIEW' => $lang['Topic_review'])
);
{
$template->pparse('reviewbody');
echo '<script type="text/javascript" src="' . $phpbb_root_path . 'templates/mw3.js"></script>' . "\n";
echo '<script type="text/javascript"><!--' . "\n";
echo 'window.topr = true;' . "\n";
echo '//--></script>';
include("includes/page_tail_review.php");
}
}

?>

Any help would be appreciated. Time for bed now. Been trying to figure this out for hours.

Tahlendorf

Post by Tahlendorf » Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:03 pm

First of all, sorry for my english, I´m from Spain.

I´ve tried to implement this MOD in a forum integrated in a Nuke Portal.... but it doesn´t do anything...
In the ACP, the two values of 'postimg_width' and 'postimg_height' appears and could be changed...

...but in Forum has no effect, none of the images posted resize properly....

I red somewhere that you´ve to edit the old posts to resize them.... but none effect editing old posts or creating new one...

Here´s my site: GP4-Argentina

If anybody can help me...
Oh, and say thanks to Tomba for the help gived to me putting the MOD.

BEST REGARDS FROM SPAIN

Ivoman #7

Post by Ivoman #7 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:28 pm

Hi!

This mod works perfect! :)
And I'm wondering If I can get something extra out of it... :?:

We currently have the garage mod installed and it also works perfect.
When people view one's profile the see their Hilited Vehicle Picture underneith their profile. But sometimes him is too big...
I was wondering if I can use the Resize Mod code to make these pictures also be resized?

View my profile and big picture underneith it: here

And this is the de code for showing the vehicle details & (big) picture {HILITE_IMAGE} :

profile_view_body.tpl
<!-- BEGIN garage_vehicle -->
<tr>
<td class="catLeft" align="center" height="28" colspan="2"><b><span class="gen">{USERNAME}'s {L_VEHICLE}</span></b>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class='row1' colspan="2"><span class="gen"><b>{L_VEHICLE}</b> : {YEAR} {MAKE} {MODEL}</span>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class='row1' colspan="2"><span class="gen"><b>{L_COLOUR} </b> : {COLOUR} </span>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class='row1' colspan="2"><span class="gen"><b>{L_MILEAGE}</b> : {MILEAGE} {MILEAGE_UNITS}</span>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class='row1' colspan="2"><span class="gen"><b>{L_PRICE}</b> : {PRICE} {CURRENCY}</span>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class='row1' colspan="2"><span class="gen"><b>{L_TOTAL_MODS}</b> : {TOTAL_MODS}</span>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class='row1' colspan="2"><span class="gen"><b>{L_TOTAL_SPENT}</b> : {TOTAL_SPENT} {CURRENCY}</span>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class='row1' colspan="2"><span class="gen"><b>{L_DESCRIPTION}</b> : {DESCRIPTION}</span>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="row1" valign="middle" align="left" colspan="2"><span class="gen">{HILITE_IMAGE}</span>
</td>
</tr>

<!-- END garage_vehicle -->

Anybody know what I should do (to get it resize with the Resize Mod)?
Last edited by Ivoman #7 on Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BlueStream

Post by BlueStream » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:09 am

From what I've been reading this doesn't actually RESIZE an image...

May I know where is the function that uploads the file?

Upon upload, I want to physically resize the image's dimensions... Which I know how to do.

Cheers..

okada1314

Post by okada1314 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:11 pm

cannot resize the images and have erro page!!

BlueStream

Post by BlueStream » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:40 pm

Ok. I have no idea what u just said but..

For those wondering, the upload function is in the includes/functions.php file...

I have successfully modded my phpbb and now resize images upon upload with ImageMagick.

pappfer

Post by pappfer » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:03 pm

Hi!

I tried to instalél this MOD with EasyMOD, but nothing happens.
It said that the MOD was installed successfully, but it didn't do anything. It didn't copy the .js files into /templates and it didn't do any code changes. All other MODs works fine. Do you have any ideas, why?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”