[2.0.11] Auto Lock MOD

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
43%
Very Good
29%
Good
14%
Fair
No votes
Poor
14%

Total votes: 7

Jackanape
Name: Jack Drury

Post by Jackanape »

Great Mod, I had a problem, but solved it by double checking my SQL...

Thanks again!
~Extending the rule of meticulous exactitude to exaspirating punctillio...still.~
Treat your phpBB like a member of the family--Update and MOD her by hand, with HTML-Kit
: : Wanna Talk Poker? : : Image : :
Jackanape
Name: Jack Drury

Post by Jackanape »

Hi! Have a new problem now. Once I repaired the SQL issues, I can no longer see the "auto pruning" selection above the "enable auto lock" selection. The radio buttons are still present, but it doesn't actually say "enable auto-pruining"...I'm probably the first this has happened to.

Where should I look to try and correct this?
~Extending the rule of meticulous exactitude to exaspirating punctillio...still.~
Treat your phpBB like a member of the family--Update and MOD her by hand, with HTML-Kit
: : Wanna Talk Poker? : : Image : :
ScuL

Post by ScuL »

works like a charm!! 8)
Last edited by ScuL on Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedShift

Post by RedShift »

Hi, I search for a similar mod which can move topics to a defined forum instead of locking these.
Isn't it possible to have that ;) ?
Thanks !
GldRush98

Post by GldRush98 »

This mod doesn't lock poll topics...
afterlife_69
I've Been Banned!

Post by afterlife_69 »

use the 'Lock BBCode' in my signiture its a more advanced version of this MOD and 100% stable
Link: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 89#1445189
theanimewizard

Post by theanimewizard »

one of my forums has over 1000 topics in it... and i set it to:

auto lock every 30 days;
check every 5

i get this error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted at (null):0 (tried to allocate 2284063 bytes) in /home/virtual/site53/fst/home/ffalliance/public_html/includes/functions.php on line

does this cause too much load on the server?

Also, if topics are already locked, will it recheck them?

for example, on day 5, it locks all topics w/o new post for 30 days... on day 10, will it recheck the topics it locked on day 5.. or will it just check the new ones..after the day 5 locking?

and last, if a topic has been locked, and i post on it.. will it still be locked? I think it is but just makin sure =P
TKF2

Post by TKF2 »

theanimewizard

Post by theanimewizard »

bump. someone please help me.
theanimewizard

Post by theanimewizard »

help please... >_>
JBCustomkix

Post by JBCustomkix »

I followed the texted instructions and I still get this error:

Failed to update general configuration for ('auto_lock_enable', '0');

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'auto_lock_enable', '0');' WHERE config_name = '('auto_lock

UPDATE phpbb_config SET config_value = '('auto_lock_enable', '0');' WHERE config_name = '('auto_lock_enable', '0');'

Line : 62
File : /home/hot36boy/public_html/customizersplus/admin/admin_board.php

Please HELP!?
pip

Post by pip »

theanimewizard wrote: does this cause too much load on the server?

Also, if topics are already locked, will it recheck them?

It seems to be resource-intensive on large forums. While fiddling with it, I noticed the script was triggered when I (or any member?) first visit the forum after auto_lock_next has come and gone, so I was able to reset auto_lock_next in the database as needed and get a rough idea of resource usage.

In the biggest section of the forum with 4700 unlocked topics (with about 3/4 to be locked based on my settings), mysqld usage would shoot up to 70% CPU for about three minutes (on a 2.4GHz P4 w/ 1GB RAM) before coming back down, and no topics would get locked. However, on my next-biggest forum with 3400 topics, it managed to lock them successfully after a couple of minutes. After I manually locked a couple of thousand topics in the 4700-topic forum, the script managed to successfully lock the rest after 2-3 minutes processing.

I thought this resource hungriness may have been due to the number of posts that needed locking initially, but it turns out it takes almost as much time just for the checking. For the forum with 4700 topics, it takes just over two minutes to process when none need locking.

I like the mod and, as it is, it may be as efficient as it can be. But I thought this aspect of the script should be made known for the benefit of those with larger forums.
ChocoboBop

Post by ChocoboBop »

*nod* it is not very affective for forums that have a lot of topics. I have had to remove it from my forum because it slowed everything down. I was also occasionally experiencing a max_user_connections issue while the mod was installed, but once disabling it the errors no longer appeared. Theory-wise it's possible that when someone views a forum, the lock tread checks, and another person comes around and a 2nd check starts, and so on. My mysql limit is at 50, and would start generating the max_user_connections when the number of active users crept into the mid 20's.

For small forums it's fine, but when you get to forums that are large (my largest is at 40k+ topics) it isnt very affective :)

It would be nice if there was a cron version of the mod, which ran once a day when there werent as much activity on the forum. That's something we'll have to create on our own. :wink:
dj2big

Post by dj2big »

is there anything like this but for members if say they do not post in a set number of days they are sent out an email automaticly giving them another set number of days to post or there account would be disabled. once there account is disabled there posting count goes down by a set percentage set by the admin
theanimewizard

Post by theanimewizard »

ChocoboBop wrote: *nod* it is not very affective for forums that have a lot of topics. I have had to remove it from my forum because it slowed everything down. I was also occasionally experiencing a max_user_connections issue while the mod was installed, but once disabling it the errors no longer appeared. Theory-wise it's possible that when someone views a forum, the lock tread checks, and another person comes around and a 2nd check starts, and so on. My mysql limit is at 50, and would start generating the max_user_connections when the number of active users crept into the mid 20's.

For small forums it's fine, but when you get to forums that are large (my largest is at 40k+ topics) it isnt very affective :)

It would be nice if there was a cron version of the mod, which ran once a day when there werent as much activity on the forum. That's something we'll have to create on our own. :wink:

Thanks for reply. I know its been months but this mod is really good. Wished it worked on larger forums though.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”