[2.0.12] Hide Zero Posters

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
65%
Very Good
10%
Good
No votes
Fair
10%
Poor
15%

Total votes: 20

TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

From install.txt:

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
# newestuser
#
				WHERE user_id <> " . ANONYMOUS . "

#
#-----[ IN-LINE FIND ]---------------------------------
#
ANONYMOUS

#
#-----[ IN-LINE AFTER, ADD ]---------------------------
#
 . ($board_config['zero_newest'] ? " AND user_firstpost <> 0" : "")
Note how there's supposed to be a . " after the ANONYMOUS in the FIND. If there were, you wouldn't be getting the syntax error that you're getting. You'd find the ANONYMOUS, within that line, and before the . " and the $board_config thing. Thus, the ORDER BY, on the next line, would still be in a string.

As is, the best fix is to just add a . " to the end of the WHERE user_id <> line.
wolfear

Post by wolfear »

:oops: I knew it was something obvious :oops:
I guess I had just been staring at it too long.
Thanks.
Godd judgment comes from experience, most of which comes from bad judgement.

chown /usr/beer
unmount /dev/brain
phpDummie

Post by phpDummie »

This is a fine MOD, your MODing excellency TerraFrost, but you could still make it better.

Although it does exactly what is promises to do, I was quite humbled to see it treat me, the almighty Admin, as a common user. That is, it makes no executive exception for me and hides all the silent ones from my eyes just as thoroughly as from anyone else's. Of course I can make a trip to the ACP and turn it off and later go back and turn it back on, but why all this tripping?

Would you consider making the Admin be by default able to see all of his flock all the time? Pretty please?
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

From the Author Notes of install.txt:

##   It is strongly advised that the following MOD (Admin Userlist) be installed in addition to this
##   one:
##   http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=117359
The Admin Userlist MOD will show people regardless of whether or not they have 0 posts.
JulieJesta

Post by JulieJesta »

hiya, i'm still getting issues here. i dont really understand why. the mod is working, hiding the zero members, but my memberlist is in the wrong order. i'd like it to still go by the longest registered members on the front page of the memberlist, not just relating to when they posted first. my forum had an accidental pruning session in in summer and my memberlist is rather random as a result.

i've tried altering the mods settings in my acp, but nothing works. i know you replied once before terra, but i truelly didnt understand the reply. i'm not that technically minded, php code is a new thing to me... and i'm learning as i go

thanks
Julie, Mum to 1 boy, 1 boyfriend, and many fluffy pets. :)
http://www.parentstime.co.uk
phpDummie

Post by phpDummie »

TerraFrost wrote: ...
The Admin Userlist MOD will show people regardless of whether or not they have 0 posts.
Thanks, I'll do that.
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

JulieJesta wrote: hiya, i'm still getting issues here. i dont really understand why. the mod is working, hiding the zero members, but my memberlist is in the wrong order. i'd like it to still go by the longest registered members on the front page of the memberlist, not just relating to when they posted first. my forum had an accidental pruning session in in summer and my memberlist is rather random as a result.

i've tried altering the mods settings in my acp, but nothing works. i know you replied once before terra, but i truelly didnt understand the reply. i'm not that technically minded, php code is a new thing to me... and i'm learning as i go

thanks

So I don't have to search for it again, here's my original reply.

Anyway, how did you install this MOD the first time around? The stuff in my previous post doesn't ask you to do anything that this MOD didn't already ask you to do.
phpDummie

Post by phpDummie »

phpDummie wrote:
TerraFrost wrote:...
Thanks, I'll do that.

This worked great. The Admin Userlist is a fine addition on its own. Thanks for the tip.

But a different issue now. Today one of those Zero Posters popped out in none the less but in your own Birthday MOD. Turns out he's 38 today. Should we still celebrate? :D
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

I'll try to post some code that'll change that behavior tomorrow or the day after. If I don't, just prod me :)
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

Try this:

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#
index.php
#
#
				AND user_active = 1 
#
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------
#
				AND user_firstpost <> 0 
#
#
					AND user_active = 1 
#
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------
#
					AND user_firstpost <> 0 
phpDummie

Post by phpDummie »

TerraFrost wrote: Try this:
(snip)

That did it!
You are phenomenal.
Thank you.
kranio

Post by kranio »

sorry, but where can I find the download of "hide zero users" version 2.0.12?
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

kranio wrote: sorry, but where can I find the download of "hide zero users" version 2.0.12?

There are two links in the first post. My name and a zip file. Click the zip file to download it.
kranio

Post by kranio »

Thank you.

I got this one, but it semes to be the version 2.0.0. The install.txt is writing that.

And the Topic of this Post is "[2.0.12] Hide Zero Posters"
kranio

Post by kranio »

Translation for German forums:

//
// Hide Zero Users
//
$lang['zero_posters'] = 'Entferne Null-Poster';
$lang['zero_desc'] = 'Entfernt effektiv Benutzer ohne Post im Forum (z.B. neuste Benutzer), ohne sie im Forum einzuschränken. Standard: alle Optionen aktiv.';
$lang['zero_count'] = 'Gesamtbenutzerzahl';
$lang['zero_count_desc'] = 'Setzt die Anzahl der Forenbenutzer gleich denen, die einen oder mehr Posts haben.';
$lang['zero_newest'] = 'Neuster Benutzer';
$lang['zero_newest_desc'] = 'Setzt als "neusten Benutzer" den jenigen, der zuletzt seinen ersten Post gemacht hat.';
$lang['zero_group'] = 'Gruppen';
$lang['zero_group_desc'] = 'Wenn aktiviert, zeigen die Listen der Benutzergruppen nur Benutzer mit mindestens einem Post an.';
$lang['zero_list'] = 'Benutzerliste';
$lang['zero_list_desc'] = 'Es werden in der Benutzerliste nur die Benutzer mit mindestens einem Post angezeigt. Die Benutzer werden nach ihrem Erst-Post sortiert.';
//
// End Hide Zero Users
//

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”