[2.0.12] Hide Zero Posters

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
65%
Very Good
10%
Good
No votes
Fair
10%
Poor
15%

Total votes: 20

TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

Sir Flaco wrote: Both those directories are gone and I am still not able to enable the Hide Zero Posters

Well, in that case, I really don't know what to say...
Sir Flaco

Post by Sir Flaco »

Hello again

I tried the whole proceedure again from a different location and for some reason it worked.

Thanks so much for your great help on this

Sir Flaco
freerider381

Post by freerider381 »

My guess would be that you're using MySQL 3.23 - a version of MySQL that this MOD doesn't support.

Its running 4.1.21-standard. Any ideas how to fix it?
Sir Flaco

Problems installing "Categories Hierarchy Addition"

Post by Sir Flaco »

Hello

I am now trying to install the "Hide Zero Posters - Categories Hierarchy Addition"

It was recommended that I install "Categories hierarchy" first.

When trying to install Categories hierarchy - 2.1.0 this is the resulting error:

FIND FAILED: In file [memberlist.php] could not find:

$sql = "SELECT username, user_id,
FROM " . USERS_TABLE . "
WHERE user_id <> " . ANONYMOUS . "
ORDER BY $order_by";

MOD script line #1214 :: FAQ :: Report

Does anyone have insight into why this problem is occurring?

Thanks

Flaco
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Re: Problems installing "Categories Hierarchy Addition&

Post by TerraFrost »

freerider381 wrote:
My guess would be that you're using MySQL 3.23 - a version of MySQL that this MOD doesn't support.

Its running 4.1.21-standard. Any ideas how to fix it?

Nope :(
Sir Flaco wrote: Hello

I am now trying to install the "Hide Zero Posters - Categories Hierarchy Addition"

It was recommended that I install "Categories hierarchy" first.

I'm not sure which version fo the Categories hierarchy mod I intended that to be for (when I wrote it, I don't think I thought subsequent versions would change that), but if it doesn't work in 2.1.0, then I guess it doesn't work...
Sir Flaco

Post by Sir Flaco »

Is there another version of the Categories hierarchy mod that can be installed that would allow the installation of Hide Zero Posters - Categories Hierarchy Addition?

Thanks
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

There's probably an older version that you could do it with, but I wouldn't recommend installing older versions of that MOD. If you had to chose between this one and that one, I'd easily chose that one over this one. Someone at http://www.phpbbinstallers.com might be able to help you get it working with the latest version of the MOD, too.
Sir Flaco

Post by Sir Flaco »

Great, thanks for the tip.

Flaco
freerider381

Post by freerider381 »

Terrafrost would it be advisable to try reinstalling the mod again using easymod or would this screw up the database by adding some lines a second time.

I have no idea what went wrong, but am still eager to install this mod as I have searched all the others but havent found one that will help with my spam problem.
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

Relooking at the query, I think I see the problem:

Code: Select all

UPDATE phpbb_users AS u,phpbb_posts AS p1 LEFT OUTER JOIN phpbb_posts AS p2 ON p1.poster_id = p2.poster_id AND p2.post_time < p1.post_time INNER JOIN phpbb_posts AS p3 ON p3.post_time = p1.post_time SET u.user_firstpost=p3.post_time WHERE p2.post_time IS NULL AND p1.poster_id = u.user_id;; 
That < should be <. I know EasyMOD can, in some cases, do things like that - I guess this is one of those cases. As such, I'd recommend just trying the SQL from phpMyAdmin.
TheXev

Post by TheXev »

FIND FAILED: In file [includes/functions.php] could not find:

WHERE user_id <> " . ANONYMOUS;

MOD script line #157 :: FAQ :: Report

I just tried applying this mod to a freshly installed phpBB installation using 2.0.22 (although its based on an already existing database [that i cleaned before reinstallation with the Clean phpBB SQL Tables 1.0.8 mod]).

I did apply some other mods before hand:
EasyMOD 0.3.0
SQL Backup 1.0.11
Block Open Proxy Registrants 2.2.1
Disable Board Message 1.4.1
Anti-spam ACP 2.0.0a
Log IP Address on Registration 1.0.0
Rebuild Search 2.4.0

http://www.revolve-trans.org/forums/
freerider381

Post by freerider381 »

sorry terrafrost im a total noob at this. Could you explain to me step by step what I have to do? Do you use msn messenger (if we could talk thru msn I can do it straight away, cheers)
mathessd

Post by mathessd »

TheXev wrote:
FIND FAILED: In file [includes/functions.php] could not find:

WHERE user_id <> " . ANONYMOUS;

MOD script line #157 :: FAQ :: Report

I just tried applying this mod to a freshly installed phpBB installation using 2.0.22 (although its based on an already existing database [that i cleaned before reinstallation with the Clean phpBB SQL Tables 1.0.8 mod]).

I did apply some other mods before hand:
EasyMOD 0.3.0
SQL Backup 1.0.11
Block Open Proxy Registrants 2.2.1
Disable Board Message 1.4.1
Anti-spam ACP 2.0.0a
Log IP Address on Registration 1.0.0
Rebuild Search 2.4.0

http://www.revolve-trans.org/forums/

I've run into the same problem. It seems the Anti-Spam ACP mod has already altered the usercount and newestuser SQL queries to hide inactive users...

$sql = "SELECT COUNT(user_id) AS total
				FROM " . USERS_TABLE . "
				WHERE user_id <> " . ANONYMOUS. $as_sql;
Note the addition of the $as_sql, where

$as_sql = ($board_config['as_acp_hide_inactive']) ? ' AND user_active = 1' : '';
I think that replacing the $as_sql with the code provided in the mod would still give the correct results. Can anyone verify this?

Thanks...
-Dan
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

olafganoga - the problem with your registration page is due to stuff like this functions_post.php:

{
		$meta = '<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="3;url=../../includes/%20.%20append_sid("viewforum.$phpEx?" . POST_FORUM_URL . '=' . $forum_id) . '">';
		$message = $lang['Deleted'];
	}
	else
	{
		$meta = '<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="3;url=../../includes/%20.%20append_sid("viewtopic.$phpEx?" . POST_TOPIC_URL . '=' . $topic_id) . '">';
		$message = (($mode == 'poll_delete') ? $lang['Poll_delete'] : $lang['Deleted']) . '<br /><br />' . sprintf($lang['Click_return_topic'], '<a href="../../includes/'%20.%20append_sid("viewtopic.$phpEx?" . POST_TOPIC_URL . "=$topic_id") . '">', '</a>');
	}

$message .=  '<br /><br />' . sprintf($lang['Click_return_forum'], '<a href="../../includes/'%20.%20append_sid("viewforum.$phpEx?" . POST_FORUM_URL . "=$forum_id") . '">', '</a>');

$meta = '<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="3;url=../../includes/%20.%20append_sid("viewtopic.$phpEx?" . POST_POST_URL . "=" . $post_id) . '#' . $post_id . '">';
	$message = $lang['Stored'] . '<br /><br />' . sprintf($lang['Click_view_message'], '<a href="../../includes/'%20.%20append_sid("viewtopic.$phpEx?" . POST_POST_URL . "=" . $post_id) . '#' . $post_id . '">', '</a>') . '<br /><br />' . sprintf($lang['Click_return_forum'], '<a href="../../includes/'%20.%20append_sid("viewforum.$phpEx?" . POST_FORUM_URL . "=$forum_id") . '">', '</a>');
You're also missing a ' in all of the $meta things. All of these problems have been fixed.

Also, I would like to point out that none of these problems have anything to do with this MOD. Next time you have such problems, please post elsewhere (www.phpbbinstallers.com, for instance) - I often don't have enough time to help people with my own MODs, and I don't need unrelated support requests taking away even more time.
wolfear

Post by wolfear »

i'm getting a weird error and for it doesn't seem to be because of a database error, that is working fine.
I know I'm just over looking something simple, but these statements are not my strong suit.
When I make the edits to includes/functions.php in the case 'newestuser' statement I am getting this error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/*****/public_html/forums/includes/functions.php on line 40

here is the code:

case 'newestuser':
			$sql = "SELECT user_id, username
				FROM " . USERS_TABLE . "
				WHERE user_id <> " . ANONYMOUS . ($board_config['zero_newest'] ? " AND user_firstpost <> 0" : "")
				ORDER BY " . ($board_config['zero_newest'] ? 'user_firstpost' : 'user_id') . " DESC
			LIMIT 1";
			break;
If I comment out the "Order By" :

case 'newestuser':
			$sql = "SELECT user_id, username
				FROM " . USERS_TABLE . "
				WHERE user_id <> " . ANONYMOUS . ($board_config['zero_newest'] ? " AND user_firstpost <> 0" : "");
//				ORDER BY " . ($board_config['zero_newest'] ? 'user_firstpost' : 'user_id') . " DESC
//				LIMIT 1";
			break;
I get no errors, but it shows the last poster as the newest registered. Not a biggie since I could just change the text to read "Last poster" instead of "Newest",
I know I am just overlooking something painfully simple.
Godd judgment comes from experience, most of which comes from bad judgement.

chown /usr/beer
unmount /dev/brain

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”