[2.0.13] Navbar Mod

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
27%
Very Good
20%
Good
20%
Fair
13%
Poor
20%

Total votes: 15

yangW

Post by yangW »

reiyo_oki wrote: Thanks for the compliment, I really appreciate it.

Yep, the mod works perfectly in every version after 2.0.13

I signed for your site as well. Again, I really like the mod. Did you made this all by yourself?

I got a link to this site at http://www.kellysplace-forums.com/, she uses the same mods as you do, but her site is currently down. But i got to hand it to you, your mod literally turned phpBB into a CMS.
Visit Frictionless Market :: Connect Yourself to the Net
Global Warming Activists :: Talk about global warming, learn, and spread the news.
reiyo_oki

Post by reiyo_oki »

Yeah, I made the mod on my own, and actually helped Kelly set up her site too.

Just to let you know, my site will be going down soon now, Not permanently, but it's moving to a new home. Once everything's ready, I'll update my profile with the new location.
Navbar mod - Navbar Mod 2.2.0 Download (Use at your own discretion, this has not been validated by the phpBB mod team)
yangW

Post by yangW »

reiyo_oki wrote: Yeah, I made the mod on my own, and actually helped Kelly set up her site too.

Just to let you know, my site will be going down soon now, Not permanently, but it's moving to a new home. Once everything's ready, I'll update my profile with the new location.

Do you think I can set up the bar and modify my site on my own? How difficult would you the task is?

And sorry to ask you this question. I looked at your mod, it looks that easymod can install it for me. But I dont know what the final version will look like? Will it look like something from your site? With login panel, search panel, multiple list of links and announcements on the index page?
Visit Frictionless Market :: Connect Yourself to the Net
Global Warming Activists :: Talk about global warming, learn, and spread the news.
reiyo_oki

Post by reiyo_oki »

Yeah, easymod can install it, with very little trouble, actually.

The version in the mod db here is older than the one on my site, so it won't look the same, unfortunately. I can send you the files for my personal version, but I'll need to find them. I've got a zipped package somewhere... *looks around hard drive*

Without using easymod, there still isn't much work to install the newest version, it just hasn't been approved, and got dropped from the queue when the newer versions of phpBB came out. I'll see what I can find on my computer.
Navbar mod - Navbar Mod 2.2.0 Download (Use at your own discretion, this has not been validated by the phpBB mod team)
Twins

Post by Twins »

you said not to install both left and right. but is there a way to also include the right side one and just remove the links and add in our own links to different pages. like for the right side, i want some of the links to go to ESPN.com and FOXSPORTS.com. is it possible.
reiyo_oki

Post by reiyo_oki »

The reason I said not to install both the left and right versions is because the installers include the php file changes. If you were to manually do only the template changes, then yeah, that should be fine.
Twins

Post by Twins »

reiyo_oki wrote: The reason I said not to install both the left and right versions is because the installers include the php file changes. If you were to manually do only the template changes, then yeah, that should be fine.

ok if i were to do only the mannually template change. how would i go about doing it.
reiyo_oki

Post by reiyo_oki »

Simply follow the instructions in the installer, and make the changes you want to the template.
reiyo_oki

Post by reiyo_oki »

I've had a number of people request the newest version of the mod I have, so I'm posting a link to it.

PLEASE NOTE: This version has NOT been validated by the phpBB mod team. I have done my best to eliminate any bugs in the mod, but there may be some that I missed. That being said, you use this at your own discretion/risk.

http://dragonsuprising.planetdiablo.gam ... od_210.zip
pokerpeer

Post by pokerpeer »

reiyo-oki,

I downloaded the new version of the mod. It works great on my site. However for some reason the Nav Bar is not opening up for the groupcp.php. The overall header panel is still showing.

Im looking over my groupcp.php and dont see anything unusual.
reiyo_oki

Post by reiyo_oki »

Is it only on groupcp.php that it doesn't work?
pokerpeer

Post by pokerpeer »

Yeah I still have a problem with my groopcp.php. I get the original forum cp but not the nav bar.

I still dont see anything unusual.
pokerpeer

Post by pokerpeer »

Ok for some reason the nav Bar does not work when there is no groups listed in the groupcp.php. Which is no big deak to me. When I added a group the Navbar shows up.

Ill still look at that Im not sure why not having any group in the database would effect the nav Bar.
reiyo_oki

Post by reiyo_oki »

The reason for that is that the navbar does not work with the error pages, which groupcp.php uses if there are no groups in your database.

Sorry for taking so long to respond, I didn't get the notification of a reply
flying101

Post by flying101 »

some questions about this mod.
how can you edit the links in the "Board Navigation" block.
when i click on "Read Full" in the portal on the links it takes you to a link with ezPortal loaded? how do i get rid of this.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”