[2.0.12] Visual Confirmation for Guests

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
39
65%
Very Good
9
15%
Good
3
5%
Fair
1
2%
Poor
8
13%
 
Total votes: 60

messenger54
Registered User
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:45 pm

Re: [2.0.12] Visual Confirmation for Guests

Post by messenger54 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:13 pm

thanks I will try that today ...

pjessop
Registered User
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:40 pm
Contact:

Re: [2.0.12] Visual Confirmation for Guests

Post by pjessop » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:52 am

I've installed this mod and it is great. Is there an additional line or two of coding that I could use that would show the visual confirmation for registered users as well?

User avatar
ArgyrosfeniX
Registered User
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:46 pm
Location: Greater St. Paul, MN Suburb
Contact:

Re: [2.0.12] Visual Confirmation for Guests

Post by ArgyrosfeniX » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:59 pm

pjessop wrote:I've installed this mod and it is great. Is there an additional line or two of coding that I could use that would show the visual confirmation for registered users as well?
Do you mean to have the confirmation for each and every post being made?
.
. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
.

pjessop
Registered User
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:40 pm
Contact:

Re: [2.0.12] Visual Confirmation for Guests

Post by pjessop » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:11 pm

ArgyrosfeniX wrote:
pjessop wrote:I've installed this mod and it is great. Is there an additional line or two of coding that I could use that would show the visual confirmation for registered users as well?
Do you mean to have the confirmation for each and every post being made?
Yes, for every post made. I'm still paranoid about the odd bot registration that slips through (despite having loads of spam mods installed).

User avatar
ArgyrosfeniX
Registered User
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:46 pm
Location: Greater St. Paul, MN Suburb
Contact:

Re: [2.0.12] Visual Confirmation for Guests

Post by ArgyrosfeniX » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:42 am

pjessop wrote:
ArgyrosfeniX wrote:
pjessop wrote:I've installed this mod and it is great. Is there an additional line or two of coding that I could use that would show the visual confirmation for registered users as well?
Do you mean to have the confirmation for each and every post being made?
Yes, for every post made. I'm still paranoid about the odd bot registration that slips through (despite having loads of spam mods installed).
Okay.

Give this a try...
On line 82 of version 1.0.2:
(btw - version 1.0.2 of the mod can be found here if you need it.)

Code: Select all

			if ( $board_config['enable_confirm'] && !$userdata['session_logged_in'] )
Change to...

Code: Select all

			if ( $board_config['enable_confirm'] )
AND

On line 148 of version 1.0.2:

Code: Select all

if( !$userdata['session_logged_in'] && (!empty($board_config['enable_confirm'])) )
Change to...

Code: Select all

if(!empty($board_config['enable_confirm']) )
That should do it. Let us know if that works that way you'd like it to.
Enjoy!
.
. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
.

pjessop
Registered User
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:40 pm
Contact:

Re: [2.0.12] Visual Confirmation for Guests

Post by pjessop » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:35 pm

ArgyrosfeniX wrote:
pjessop wrote:
ArgyrosfeniX wrote:
pjessop wrote:I've installed this mod and it is great. Is there an additional line or two of coding that I could use that would show the visual confirmation for registered users as well?
Do you mean to have the confirmation for each and every post being made?
Yes, for every post made. I'm still paranoid about the odd bot registration that slips through (despite having loads of spam mods installed).
Okay.

Give this a try...
On line 82 of version 1.0.2:
(btw - version 1.0.2 of the mod can be found here if you need it.)

Code: Select all

			if ( $board_config['enable_confirm'] && !$userdata['session_logged_in'] )
Change to...

Code: Select all

			if ( $board_config['enable_confirm'] )
AND

On line 148 of version 1.0.2:

Code: Select all

if( !$userdata['session_logged_in'] && (!empty($board_config['enable_confirm'])) )
Change to...

Code: Select all

if(!empty($board_config['enable_confirm']) )
That should do it. Let us know if that works that way you'd like it to.
Enjoy!
It neally works. The visualisation code appears for a registered user to make a post but the graphic displaying the code doesn't appear. Instead the 'x' red cross (that you see when a required image isn't uploaded to the server) appears. Strangely, if I log out and try and submit the same post as a guest, the visiualisation code appears fine.

This is the forum that I have added the MOD:

http://www.tennisdebate.com

the 'tennis jobs' has public posting that showed the confirmation code when I posted as a guest but code didn't appear when I logged in to make the post.

Really appreciate your time on this one. I'm sure it's a simple problem.

Thanks

pj

User avatar
ArgyrosfeniX
Registered User
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:46 pm
Location: Greater St. Paul, MN Suburb
Contact:

Re: [2.0.12] Visual Confirmation for Guests

Post by ArgyrosfeniX » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:29 pm

pjessop wrote: This is the forum that I have added the MOD:

http://www.tennisdebate.com

the 'tennis jobs' has public posting that showed the confirmation code when I posted as a guest but code didn't appear when I logged in to make the post.
Do you happen to have a "Test" user so we can check the user "logged in" part? If you do, PM me with the details and if not, make one and then PM me with those details. I'll see what I can do for you...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
eta solution:
In profile.php, look around line 120.
There should be a few lines that look something like this:

Code: Select all

else if ( $mode == 'confirm' )
 {
  // Visual Confirmation
  if ( $userdata['session_logged_in'] )
  {
   exit;
  }
 
  include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/usercp_captcha.'.$phpEx);
  exit;
 } 
What you need to do is comment out the "if" statement so it looks something like this:

Code: Select all

 else if ( $mode == 'confirm' )
 {
  // Visual Confirmation
  //  if ( $userdata['session_logged_in'] )
  // {
  //  exit;
  // }
 
  include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/usercp_captcha.'.$phpEx);
  exit;
 }

That allows the captcha to process now... :D
Last edited by ArgyrosfeniX on Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
.
. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
.

projectfusion
Registered User
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:14 am

Re: [2.0.12] Visual Confirmation for Guests

Post by projectfusion » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:15 am

Hi, I am not an expert on PHP and was just wondering how do i install this mod in my phpbb?

User avatar
ArgyrosfeniX
Registered User
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:46 pm
Location: Greater St. Paul, MN Suburb
Contact:

Re: [2.0.12] Visual Confirmation for Guests

Post by ArgyrosfeniX » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:56 am

projectfusion wrote:Hi, I am not an expert on PHP and was just wondering how do i install this mod in my phpbb?
As with most Mods, you can use EasyMod, which is a program that will do the installation for you, or you can do it the old fashioned way. By following the directions.

Every mod made will start by telling you what the name of the mod is, who wrote it, what files are going to be changed and which ones are going to be added. Ones to add come with the mod -> the mod will tell you where to place them. This particular mod doesn't have any of those.

Next, the mod will tell you which file in phpbb you need to open (you will be opening and closing files throughout the length of the mod). You can use your regular WYSIWYG program or a simple text editor such as Notepad to do this (I personally use both depending on the situation).

Then, the mod will tell you to "find" a segment of code in that file and either insert some code into that code string or replace it with something else. There is always enough code for you make the correct choice. Watch out for ones that look similar. If you put the code in the wrong place, it won't work properly and you might crash everything (in extreme circumstances).

Once you have changed all the code that the mod asks for, save it and it should work. If it doesn't then you have to go back and see where you went wrong.

Two things to remember:
1) Always make backup copies of the files to be edited before making any changes. That way, if anything goes really wrong, you can change it back easily. This has saved my bacon countless times.

2) The snippets of code that the mod asks you to find may be different due to a few factors: * Different versions of phpbb may have different code. * You may have already placed some mod code into that area.

If you continue to have problems after this, PM me (btw - adding mods to phpbb is how I initially learned php). ;)
.
. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
.

ConchRiver
Registered User
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: [2.0.12] Visual Confirmation for Guests

Post by ConchRiver » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:51 am

Would someone be kind enough to explain exactly how to install this MOD?
Does it replace a file? If so which one?
Is it added to an existing folder?

Is it pasted into an existing file so that the file is changed?

I have not been able to figure out how it is installed by reading the instructions?

Thanks

Concho

kulinar
Registered User
Posts: 651
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:31 pm
Contact:

Re: [2.0.12] Visual Confirmation for Guests

Post by kulinar » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:17 am

There are two ways of installing: automatic, using EasyMod (recommended) and manual, following the instructions in install.mod file. I presume you don't have easymod installed. If you choose manual install you have to change only posting.php and posting_body.tpl files changing files by adding additional php code in those files.

I would recommend to install EasyMod and after installing it you will be able to install any other (validated) mods automatically.

waterman
Registered User
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:06 am

Re: [2.0.12] Visual Confirmation for Guests

Post by waterman » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:15 am

hello i have installed the mod but when a guest is going to make a post he cant see the CAPTCHA nowhere!
and when he press submit it says that the code is not the right one

any help where i should look?

User avatar
ArgyrosfeniX
Registered User
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:46 pm
Location: Greater St. Paul, MN Suburb
Contact:

Re: [2.0.12] Visual Confirmation for Guests

Post by ArgyrosfeniX » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:21 pm

waterman wrote:hello i have installed the mod but when a guest is going to make a post he cant see the CAPTCHA nowhere!
and when he press submit it says that the code is not the right one

any help where i should look?
What's the URL of your forum? We can take a look for you.
.
. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
.

REPOM4N
Registered User
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 7:42 pm
Location: Montreal

Re: [2.0.12] Visual Confirmation for Guests

Post by REPOM4N » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:24 pm

How can I turn off better_captcha temporarily?

Thanks
Image
Easy come, Easy go

User avatar
ArgyrosfeniX
Registered User
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:46 pm
Location: Greater St. Paul, MN Suburb
Contact:

Re: [2.0.12] Visual Confirmation for Guests

Post by ArgyrosfeniX » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:28 pm

REPOM4N wrote:How can I turn off better_captcha temporarily?

Thanks
Under General Admin>Configuration>Enable Visual Confirmation

Just change it to "No", but be aware that this will disable the captcha for registration as well.
.
. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
.

Post Reply

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”

cron