[2.0.14] Add Multiple Ranks And Staff View

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
53%
Very Good
20%
Good
20%
Fair
6%
Poor
2%

Total votes: 51

Chowdr5

Post by Chowdr5 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:00 am

Yes I actually did notice it was missing but I did not change anything and have reviewed the file many times. I will look again.

shadav

Post by shadav » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:40 am

lol ok 2 problems

1) I first installed the updated version found on your site...after several attempts with easymod lol cuz i've other mods installed...i got it to work...however i'm also using the Delete User MOD
after installing the updated version of your mod...in my members list after the members name it shows the next few lines of html...i donno why there's no extra tags or missing tags everything appears to be fine....i'm guessing just the two mods don't like each other :lol:

example: it should appear as USERNAME [x]
where the x is a button to delete the user if you hover your mouse over it it states what it is....instead it appears
USERNAME <a href=blablabla.....delete user>

2) so I uninstalled that and installed the version found here...and am at a loss now

Code: Select all

#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
			if (!$special_rank)
#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------------
#
			// Mighty Gorgon - Multiple Ranks - BEGIN
			if ($special_rank == 0)
			// Mighty Gorgon - Multiple Ranks - END
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
			if($special_rank)
Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [admin/admin_ranks.php] could not find:

if($special_rank)

MOD script line #781 :: FAQ :: Report

i searched manually and it is not in there anywhere and nothing simular either...aside from the line above it

baimpala

2.0.21 Compatible?

Post by baimpala » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:32 pm

I get the feeling that something was changed in 2.0.21 that removed the lines in question from admin_ranks.php.

I'm certainly no expert, but that's my guess. . . the only problem is, now what do we do?

-Venom-

Post by -Venom- » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:58 pm

I followed instructions and made the changes in the files as written in the instruction document. But when i want to open a thread i got the following error:

-----------------------------
Could not obtain post/user information.

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'u.user_rank2' in 'field list'

SELECT u.username, u.user_id, u.user_posts, u.user_from, u.user_website, u.user_email, u.user_icq, u.user_aim, u.user_yim, u.user_regdate, u.user_msnm, u.user_viewemail, u.user_rank, u.user_rank2, u.user_rank3, u.user_rank4, u.user_rank5, u.user_sig, u.user_sig_bbcode_uid, u.user_avatar, u.user_avatar_type, u.user_allowavatar, u.user_allowsmile, p.*, pt.post_text, pt.post_subject, pt.bbcode_uid FROM phpbb_posts p, phpbb_users u, phpbb_posts_text pt WHERE p.topic_id = 43 AND pt.post_id = p.post_id AND u.user_id = p.poster_id ORDER BY p.post_time ASC LIMIT 0, 15

Line : 399
File : viewtopic.php

And in the adminpannel i get the following error when i want to change a user rank:
Admin_user_fail

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'user_rank2' in 'field list'

UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_email = 'venom@venomonline.nl', user_icq = '', user_website = 'http://www.venomonline.nl', user_occ = '', user_from = 'Horst', user_interests = '', user_sig = '', user_viewemail = 1, user_aim = '', user_yim = '', user_msnm = '', user_attachsig = 0, user_sig_bbcode_uid = '', user_allowsmile = 1, user_allowhtml = 0, user_allowavatar = 1, user_allowbbcode = 1, user_allow_viewonline = 1, user_notify = 0, user_allow_pm = 1, user_notify_pm = 1, user_popup_pm = 1, user_lang = 'dutch', user_style = 1, user_timezone = 2, user_dateformat = 'd M Y h:i a', user_active = 1, user_rank = -2, user_rank2 = -2, user_rank3 = -2, user_rank4 = -2, user_rank5 = -2 WHERE user_id = 2

Line : 716
File : admin_users.php

When i replace the viewtopic.php file with the old one i saved then everything is ok and i can see the toppics. Does anyone know what im doing wrong?

Greetings, Venom

Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:22 am

-Venom-: It looks like you didn't apply the database changes.

Avarus

Post by Avarus » Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:19 pm

Maybe this question has been asked before, but I don't want to read through all the posts...

It all works a little, but when I want to see a user's profile, it gives a blanc page. The same goes for memberlist (just a blanc page, no error message though). Also, the ranks are a little mixed up in the Admin panel (picture)

(Don't freak out, language is Dutch ;) )

About the blanc pages: I tried it over and over again, but it seems I always do something wrong so it wont work. Can anyone help me or mail me his memberlist.php and includes/usercp_viewprofile.php? (so I can compare the code)

About the mixing up: I don't know where to look to correct it. Can anyone give me the code line?

EDIT: I've fixed the /includes/usercp_viewprofile.php already...

shaykana

Post by shaykana » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:50 am

This is a fantastic MOD, and it wasn't difficult to transfer to the template I'm using. I even added titles showing which ranks are special, and which ones are for posting. Check out a sample here.

Avarus

Post by Avarus » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:02 pm

Avarus wrote: Maybe this question has been asked before, but I don't want to read through all the posts...

It all works a little, but when I want to see a user's profile, it gives a blanc page. The same goes for memberlist (just a blanc page, no error message though). Also, the ranks are a little mixed up in the Admin panel (picture)

(Don't freak out, language is Dutch ;) )

About the blanc pages: I tried it over and over again, but it seems I always do something wrong so it wont work. Can anyone help me or mail me his memberlist.php and includes/usercp_viewprofile.php? (so I can compare the code)

About the mixing up: I don't know where to look to correct it. Can anyone give me the code line?

EDIT: I've fixed the /includes/usercp_viewprofile.php already...

There surely is someone out there who knows what I did wrong...

go99live

Post by go99live » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:12 pm

Vegpt wrote: Hi there:
Any body can help me?

I intall the mod, but I have a problem:

The images from the rank can not be display... appear 2 times the name like:
site admin
site admin

what I do wrong?

thanks in advance

Vegetalpt

i am having this same problem.can some one please help me fix it.coz the whole ranking system in my site in now messed up.. :cry:

Avarus

Post by Avarus » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:24 pm

Is it next to the post only or also in the profile?

go99live

Post by go99live » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:11 am

everywhere....in the member list,profile and topic view..............

Avarus

Post by Avarus » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:40 am

In phpMyAdmin, have you made 2 tables named rank_2 or something?

go99live

Post by go99live » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:14 pm

no there are only rank2,rank3,rank4 and rank 5 tables.No duplicates

Avarus

Post by Avarus » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:47 pm

I think you did something wrong in /templates/xxx/admin/ranks_edit_body.tpl...

go99live

Post by go99live » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:40 am

everything seems correct in ranks_edit_body.tpl

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”