[2.0.14] Add Multiple Ranks And Staff View

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
53%
Very Good
20%
Good
20%
Fair
6%
Poor
2%

Total votes: 51

addictionz04

Re: [2.0.14] Add Multiple Ranks And Staff View

Post by addictionz04 »

I seem to keep getting this error when I'm installing Rank mod with Easy Mod.

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/whatisreal/viewtopic_body.tpl] could not find:
{postrow.POSTER_RANK}<br />{postrow.RANK_IMAGE}
MOD script line #280

IN-LINE REPLACEFAILED: Malformed script. An IN-LINE FIND was not previously performed.
MOD script line #286
Mighty Gorgon
Name: Luca Libralato

Post by Mighty Gorgon »

pinacoladaxb wrote:Hi. Can someone please take the time to email me their includes/usercp_viewprofile.php file with the mod installed? I seem to be having trouble with it...
It is not good sending premodified files, because your viewprofile may have some other mods installed... if you need a clean usercp_viewprofile try to install the mod using EasyMOD on a clean phpBB 2 installation.

Otherwise try to tell us what your error is and we will try to help you.
addictionz04 wrote:I seem to keep getting this error when I'm installing Rank mod with Easy Mod.

MOD script line #280

IN-LINE REPLACEFAILED: Malformed script. An IN-LINE FIND was not previously performed.
MOD script line #286
That's because some other mods may have already altered that file.

I'm sure it is working fine on a plain phpBB 2.
shaykana

Post by shaykana »

addictionz04 wrote:I seem to keep getting this error when I'm installing Rank mod with Easy Mod.

MOD script line #280

MOD script line #286
You are also trying to install it on a non-subSilver template. There are bound to be code differences between the default subSilver and most other templates. You will need to make that change manually. Here are some tips:

Look for the variables {ITEMS IN CURLY BRACES}. Examine the template file and compare it with its equal in subSilver to get a better idea of where the changes are made. Once you make the change, don't forget to use the same style classes as your alternate template. Example: "gensmall" in subSilver will probably be something different in the alternate template. Just look at the surrounding code to see what it is.
addictionz04

Post by addictionz04 »

Can you help me do it because I'm a noob and I really don't know how to mess with these variables and stuff.. :oops:

EDIT: Alright well, I got rid of the first error now I have the in-line error to fix, still don't know how to.. can someone do it for me?

narutorp

Post by narutorp »

Hello,

I'm having some problems with installing this mod. When I do it manually it says please select a rank and I can't even install it with EasyMod.

Please I need some help with installing it or at least a direct link to download the latest version.

thank you.
Dr DBW

Post by Dr DBW »

You have to provide much more information than "I can't install it". That it like ringing up a mechanic and saying "My car doesn't work, what is wrong?"

Why can't you install it? What process do you use? What errors do you encounter?
DAT116

Post by DAT116 »

Good morning All,

I have the Multiple ranks successfully installed and it works great! BUT, I do have a few questions:

1. Is there a way to make the ranks appear horizontially instead of vertically? I would love to have the ranks appear stacked together horizontially, instead of vertically in viewtopic, memberlist and profile.

2. Is there a way to make the title of the rank go away? I do not need the titles of the ranks/icons, can I remove them?

3.Is there a simple way to add a few more ranks than what comes with the mod?

My website is http://www.milsimempire.com/forum

Thank you in advance,
DAT116
sean2007

Post by sean2007 »

i have perfectly installed your excellent MOD thank you very much
but i want more than 3 rank because some members need to give them more than 3 ranks please its possible to add 6 rank for example and thank you
Dr DBW

Post by Dr DBW »

You can make rank name of what ever you like. Just do that via the control panel, you can create as many special ranks as you want.

The code can handle a maximum of 5 ranks for a user. If you want more than that, then you simply just have to hack the code so that it can handle more than that. That will include the DB tables and in a number of the different scripts and templates.

As for having them display horizontally, that is entirely up to you and controlled in the template files. Simple edit those and you can have things displayed how ever you like.
DAT116

Post by DAT116 »

Dr DBW,
This from viewtopic_body.tpl. How would this need to be edited so that the ranks are: 1,2,3,4,5 ? And, just to clarify, I do not need the rank name to appear in the memberlist or viewtopic. Profile and Admin are fine, but not the first two.
I've tried editing it myself and all I am doing is making a mess of things...any help would be appreciated!

Code: Select all

<td width="150" align="left" valign="top" class="{postrow.ROW_CLASS}"><span class="name"><a name="{postrow.U_POST_ID}"></a><b>{postrow.POSTER_NAME}</b></span><br /><span class="postdetails">{postrow.USER_RANK_01}{postrow.USER_RANK_01_IMG}{postrow.USER_RANK_02}{postrow.USER_RANK_02_IMG}{postrow.USER_RANK_03}{postrow.USER_RANK_03_IMG}{postrow.USER_RANK_04}{postrow.USER_RANK_04_IMG}{postrow.USER_RANK_05}{postrow.USER_RANK_05_IMG}<
Lady Di

Post by Lady Di »

Not EMC??
Dr DBW

Post by Dr DBW »

Simple remove the code that refers to the rank title, leaving behind the images.

Code: Select all

<td width="150" align="left" valign="top" class="{postrow.ROW_CLASS}"><span class="name"><a name="{postrow.U_POST_ID}"></a><b>{postrow.POSTER_NAME}</b></span><br /><span class="postdetails">{postrow.USER_RANK_01_IMG}{postrow.USER_RANK_02_IMG}{postrow.USER_RANK_03_IMG}{postrow.USER_RANK_04_IMG}{postrow.USER_RANK_05_IMG}
DAT116

Post by DAT116 »

Nope, tried that. That does remove the rank title, but it does not put them in a horizontal placement. Any ideas there?
Dr DBW

Post by Dr DBW »

How wide are the images you are using? Having them horizontal will make it very wide even if they are only 50 pixels across each, that will be 250 pixels wide.
DAT116

Post by DAT116 »

12 pixels wide, so the size is not an issue. I was going to post a sample, but my computer is not cooperating right now. All I want to do is this:

Poster name

Rank 1

Rank2,Rank3,Rank4,Rank5.

I have everything like I want it except having ranks 2-5 on the same horizontal row. I tried making a table to put them in but it made a mess of things.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”