[2.0.14] Add Multiple Ranks And Staff View

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
53%
Very Good
20%
Good
20%
Fair
6%
Poor
2%

Total votes: 51

Dr DBW

Re: [2.0.14] Add Multiple Ranks And Staff View

Post by Dr DBW »

While doing something else, just noticed that there is a line break inserted after each rank image in the viewtopic.php file. You need to look for this part of the MOD code and remove the brs

Code: Select all

$user_rank_01 = ........ '<br />');
$user_rank_01_img = ........ '<br />');
$user_rank_02 = ........ '<br />');
etc.
DAT116

Post by DAT116 »

You Da Man! That done it! :D

Thanks,
Mighty Gorgon
Name: Luca Libralato

Post by Mighty Gorgon »

DAT116 wrote:Good morning All,

I have the Multiple ranks successfully installed and it works great! BUT, I do have a few questions:

1. Is there a way to make the ranks appear horizontially instead of vertically? I would love to have the ranks appear stacked together horizontially, instead of vertically in viewtopic, memberlist and profile.

2. Is there a way to make the title of the rank go away? I do not need the titles of the ranks/icons, can I remove them?

3.Is there a simple way to add a few more ranks than what comes with the mod?

My website is http://www.milsimempire.com/forum

Thank you in advance,
DAT116
For some reasons I missed this post here... but I've seen that Dr DBW did a great job... Thanks Dr DBW! ;-)

Anyway I did answer you some days ago here:

http://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?t=2544
sean2007 wrote:i have perfectly installed your excellent MOD thank you very much
but i want more than 3 rank because some members need to give them more than 3 ranks please its possible to add 6 rank for example and thank you
It is possible if you use the latest version of the MOD that you will find here:

http://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?t=779
Lady Di

Post by Lady Di »

On 2.0.22 and using EM, I received this error message:
Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/subSilver/viewtopic_body.tpl] could not find:

<td width="150" align="left" valign="top" class="{postrow.ROW_CLASS}"><span class="name"><a name="{postrow.U_POST_ID}"></a><b>{postrow.POSTER_NAME}</b></span><br /><span class="postdetails">{postrow.POSTER_RANK}<br />{postrow.RANK_IMAGE}{postrow.POSTER_AVATAR}<br /><br />{postrow.POSTER_JOINED}<br />{postrow.POSTER_POSTS}<br />{postrow.POSTER_FROM}</span><br /></td>

MOD script line #279
Suggestions??
Mighty Gorgon

Post by Mighty Gorgon »

Try to look for something similar...

Code: Select all

{postrow.POSTER_NAME}
And then act accordingly...
Lady Di

Post by Lady Di »

But MG if I am using EM and I manually change this, then upload viewtopic_body.tpl with correction, will this allow it to still install with EM?
Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn »

Change the install file so that it looks for what you have in your subsilver template. Then EM will be able to find it.

I stopped using EM and started keeping track of installs by writing instructions from what I discovered while installing these in my development system. I will actually install the whole site multiple times until everything is installed correctly.
Mighty Gorgon

Post by Mighty Gorgon »

Gremlinn wrote:Change the install file so that it looks for what you have in your subsilver template. Then EM will be able to find it.
That's exactly what I used to do when I was using EM.

Alternatively you can manually modify the file for that FIND and then remove that instruction in the install file, so EM won't search for that at all, which has been modified by hand.
Lady Di

Post by Lady Di »

Gremlinn - Hmmmm.... so edit the file to read what it IS looking for. Then install the script and it should... install properly. Then I can go BACK and re-dit the file to read what it read PRIOR to trying to install this MOD??

MG - so your suggestion is to go to the install instructions and totally remove that piece of directions??
shaykana

Post by shaykana »

I find it easier to use MG's method. Remove the part of the install which causes the error. Run EM. Manually edit the code which EM could not originally find. This way you can test your edit, make changes if needed and test again. If you discover you are unable to get it going, use EM's backup feature to restore your board to the way it was before EM was used.
Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

Either way you want to do it. My method makes it easier to reinstall the mods in the same order again, if needed. I do this every time the CH mod changes. I will actually install the forum at least twice and record all the database changes so that when I go to my live site, I copy all the forum files in place and then apply all the database changes using SLQyog (best mySQL tool I am aware of).
Mighty Gorgon

Post by Mighty Gorgon »

Gremlinn wrote:Either way you want to do it. My method makes it easier to reinstall the mods in the same order again, if needed. I do this every time the CH mod changes. I will actually install the forum at least twice and record all the database changes so that when I go to my live site, I copy all the forum files in place and then apply all the database changes using SLQyog (best mySQL tool I am aware of).
Wow... that is a huge job man!!! :o
Lady Di

Post by Lady Di »

Thanks to Gremlinn & MG for the responses. Will work on it over the weekend. Have a good one!
Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

I want to make sure I get everything right and I don't want to destroy my live forum and database. :ugeek:

After all that, my users and I have only found minor things wrong. Either typos or minor incompatibilities between mods. And, nothing I couldn't fix. Including this mod.
Lady Di

Post by Lady Di »

I ended up removing this MOD, too many critical errors one behind another one. Thanks for all the help though.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”