[2.0.13] Forum Watch

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
78%
Very Good
7%
Good
7%
Fair
No votes
Poor
7%

Total votes: 41

das_spektakel

Post by das_spektakel »

Hi there,

i have a little problem with the forum watch and my 2.0.19 board. Please read my original post here:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=1947804
So, now i changed the code inside the functions_post.php (forum watch code) from

Code: Select all

$sql = "INSERT $sql_priority INTO " . TOPICS_WATCH_TABLE . " (user_id, topic_id, notify_status)
VALUES (" . $row['user_id'] . ", $topic_id, 0)";
to

$sql = "INSERT $sql_priority INTO " . TOPICS_WATCH_TABLE . " (user_id, topic_id, notify_status) 
VALUES (" . $userdata['user_id'] . ", $topic_id, 0)";
Now i can reply to posts without getting an error message. Is this a bug inside the forum watch mod or did I something wrong?

regards,

das_spektakel
gduan2000

forum watch 1.0.2 issue?

Post by gduan2000 »

I installed forum watch 1.0.2 on a phpBB2.0.19. Here is a strange thing I am having:

When I post a new topic, I check "Notify me when a reply is posted". However, after I submit I can see that the topic is NOT watched. It still says "Watch this topic for replies", which actually should be "stop watching this topic" (because it is supposed to be watched).

If I edit this topic, and check the "Notify me when a reply is posted" again. This time the choice is recorded and the text becomes "stop watching this topic".

Any ideas?
net83it

Post by net83it »

drb wrote: Could somebdoy please help me out?

This is what I understood about forum_watch. This is a MOD to a MOD. I don't know where the main MOD is. Because readme.txt of this forum_watch is asking me to install the main MOD first. What and where is that?

i think the author refers to the Forum-Watch-Topic mod that is a mod of the Forum-Watch mod.

somoene correct me if i'm wrong
IgnorantNewGuy

Post by IgnorantNewGuy »

Well, I'm sorry to report that I've got nothing with this MOD.

I've got a 2.0.17 board, quite a few MODs, but nothing seemed to be a conflict while altering files.

Now, I've got no link allowing me to subscribe to a forum.

I ran the SQL - no problem.
I altered all files - uploaded via phpMyadmin.

I've got no clue and I'm not as much as a novice as my username suggests. :wink:

Site: www.test.carphighalumni.com
Username: CHSGrad
Password: test

Any thoughts?
Scott 8)
christiansongwriter

Post by christiansongwriter »

Hi,

This mod looks like just what I need, but I've got a problem with posting.php - I have another mod (admin email topics to selected groups) that has changed this file considerably. Can you please take a look at my code, and let me know if it's still possible to use your mod (and if so, the code changes needed)?

if ($error_msg == '' && $mode != 'poll_delete')
		{
			// the following code is borrowed from David Herrmann's forum notification mod on phpbbhacks...
			// the code replaced the original lines in phpbb that read 'user_notification($mode blah blah...
			// but I changed the fourth line below this to test whether mode is newtopic rather than whether post is first post to avoid repeat emails when a first post is edited numerous times...

$post_data['subject'] = $subject;
			$post_data['username'] = ( $userdata['user_id'] == ANONYMOUS ) ? $username : $userdata['username'];
			$post_data['message'] = $message;
			if ( $mode == 'newtopic' )
			{
				// fetch topic title
				$sql = "SELECT topic_title, topic_id
					FROM " . TOPICS_TABLE . "
					WHERE topic_id = $topic_id";

if ( !($result = $db->sql_query($sql)) )
				{
					message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Could not obtain topic title for notification', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
				}

if ( $topic_info = $db->sql_fetchrow($result) )
				{
					user_notification('newtopic', $post_data, $topic_info['topic_title'], $forum_id, $topic_id, $post_id, $notify_user, $mail_to_enabled_groups, $include_text, $include_unauthorized_users, $group_id, $email_re, $board_signs);
				}

}
			else
			{
				user_notification($mode, $post_data, $post_info['topic_title'], $forum_id, $topic_id, $post_id, $notify_user, $mail_to_enabled_groups, $include_text, $include_unauthorized_users, $group_id, $email_re, $board_signs);
			}
		}
		// end mod email to designated groups
Thanks for any help!

James
parkera

Re: forum watch 1.0.2 issue?

Post by parkera »

gduan2000 wrote: I installed forum watch 1.0.2 on a phpBB2.0.19. When I post a new topic, I check "Notify me when a reply is posted". However, after I submit I can see that the topic is NOT watched. It still says "Watch this topic for replies", which actually should be "stop watching this topic" (because it is supposed to be watched).

If I edit this topic, and check the "Notify me when a reply is posted" again. This time the choice is recorded and the text becomes "stop watching this topic".

Open posting.php and replace this code

{
			if ($mode == 'newtopic')
			{
				user_notification_forum($post_data, $subject, $post_info['forum_name'], $forum_id, $topic_id, $post_id);
			} else {
				user_notification($mode, $post_data, $post_info['topic_title'], $forum_id, $topic_id, $post_id, $notify_user);
			}
		}
with this code

{
			if ($mode == 'newtopic')
			{
				user_notification_forum($post_data, $subject, $post_info['forum_name'], $forum_id, $topic_id, $post_id);
			}
			user_notification($mode, $post_data, $post_info['topic_title'], $forum_id, $topic_id, $post_id, $notify_user);
		}
That should solve the problem.
Parker Abercrombie
parkera <-- this at that --> engineering dot ucsb dot edu
alosito

Post by alosito »

I install the mod with EasyMod, got the following Critical Error, and added the code from the error manually. It was the only error during the installation so I assume everything else went fine. Now my question is how can I choose to watch my forum for new topics? I can't find that option anywhere on my forum.
Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [includes/functions_post.php] could not find:

//
// Fill smiley templates (or just the variables) with smileys
// Either in a window or inline
//

MOD script line #231 :: FAQ :: Report
alosito

Post by alosito »

bump :P
shalini

Post by shalini »

I read thru the entire thread and installed this on 2.0.19. The 'watch this forum' comes but it does not send the e-mail. E-mail is otherwise working for watch this topic, and I tried with 2 user accounts as well.

Any suggestions?
shalini

Post by shalini »

Also I did set up the table but am not sure what this means

KEY forum_id (forum_id),
KEY user_id (user_id),
KEY notify_status (notify_status)
);
aymanati

No Notification!!

Post by aymanati »

Hello;

thanks for the good mod.
I installed it with no error messages.
However, it's not working! I get no notifications on my email after posting new topics. I hit the "Watch this forum for new topics" link ..

I installed the SQL table successfully ..
I found a table with 3 fields, forum_id, user_id and notify_status.
When I hit the "Watch this forum for new topics" link, the "notify_status" value become "0". Is this what it supposed to be?
Also I tested my email and sent a test message via the forum and it's working.
So what's wrong? Why I can't get the notification?

My phpbb version is 2.0.19

Please give me a help.

Thanks.
aymanati

Post by aymanati »

Hoo ..

It's working.
I just realized that when I post, I won't get notifide.
So, another person has to post then I'll get the notification ..

It would be better if this is was written in the comments of the code ..

ergot

Post by ergot »

Does this mod only send an email when a new topic is started in the watched forum, or does it send an email when *any* post is made in the watched forum?

Can anyone comment on its stability within v2.0.19?

How is this mod different/better than David Herrmann's Forum Notification mod 1.4? It is shorter. ;)
Half a bee must ipso facto half not be. But can a bee be said to be or not to be when half the bee is not a bee due to some ancient injury? - M.Python
asuh

Post by asuh »

To supplement the questions above, does this mod allow moderators/users to ONLY see new posts and replies to a specific forum, not board wide? I am looking for a way for moderators to see new posts (threads or replies) and any activity ONLY within the forum of which he or she is moderating/watching.
bcampagnolo

email notification 'leave on' ?

Post by bcampagnolo »

I have an alias that I would like to be notified using forum watch.
I installed it and it's working great. Is there a way to not have to return to the forum to 'reset' the watch?
I would like to use an alias that always is on for updates, new posts regardless of having returned to the forum.

Thanks a head of time.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”