[2.0.15] MouseOver Spoiler MOD

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
31%
Very Good
38%
Good
15%
Fair
8%
Poor
8%

Total votes: 13

Red Fat Lazy Cat

Post by Red Fat Lazy Cat »

Must-have MOD for any book forum! The only but major flaw is that the original spoiler code is somewhat messy and doesn't seem to always work so initially the spoiler text is not hidden. :x I was playing around with the code and here is the solution i come up with--it IS table but it works like a charm:

Code: Select all

<!-- BEGIN spoiler_open --><table width="90%" align="center"><tr><td><b>Spoiler — hover the mouse to reveal:</b></td></tr><tr><td style="color:#ffffff; background-color:#ffffff; font-size:.8em; padding:4px; "onMouseOver='this.style.color="#000000"; 'onMouseOut='this.style.color=this.style.backgroundColor="#ffffff";'><!-- END spoiler_open -->
<!-- BEGIN spoiler_close --></td></tr></table><!-- END spoiler_close -->
Hope it'll be of use to anyone. ;)
Throckmorton

Post by Throckmorton »

This change will allow you to hide images as well.

<!-- BEGIN spoiler_open -->
    <span class="genmed"><b>Spoiler:</b></span> <span class="gensmall">(Mouse-Over to Reveal)</span>
    <div style="position: relative; border: black 1px solid; height: 100%;">
      <div style="margin: 5px;">
        <span class="postbody">    
<!-- END spoiler_open --> 

<!-- BEGIN spoiler_close -->
        </span>
      </div>
      <div height="100%" style=" position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%; background-color: #000000;" onMouseOver='javascript:this.style.background="none";' onMouseOut='javascript:this.style.background="#000000";'></div>
    </div>
<!-- END spoiler_close -->
Can be seen here.
SupSuper

Post by SupSuper »

i found out why the spoiler text isn't initially hidden sometimes.
see this?

<!-- BEGIN spoiler_open --><b>Spoiler:</b> <table><tr><td bgcolor=black style="padding: 10px; background-color: black; font-color: black; font-face=arial, sans-serif; font-size: .8em;" onMouseOver='javascript:this.style.color="white";' onMouseOut='javascript:this.style.color="black";'><!-- END spoiler_open -->

it should be:

<!-- BEGIN spoiler_open --><b>Spoiler:</b> <table><tr><td bgcolor=black style="padding: 10px; background-color: black; color: black; font-face=arial, sans-serif; font-size: .8em;" onMouseOver='javascript:this.style.color="white";' onMouseOut='javascript:this.style.color="black";'><!-- END spoiler_open -->

works like a charm now :)
LethalMoon

Post by LethalMoon »

This MOD is very nice, but impossible to make it work with my template (table probleme I think, but can't solve it): so I simplified it maximaly: it can't hide pictures, but hide perfectly the text (and bbcode) under Mozilla and IE:

<!-- BEGIN spoiler_OPEN -->
<span onMouseOver="this.style.background='none';" onMouseOut="this.style.background='black';" style=" background-color: black;"><!-- END spoiler_OPEN -->
</span>
You can eventually replace <span by <span class=postbody according your template...
progressiveboink

Post by progressiveboink »

Is there any reason why the mod opens in-browser as opposed to being downloaded?
Throckmorton

Post by Throckmorton »

progressiveboink wrote: Is there any reason why the mod opens in-browser as opposed to being downloaded?

Because you're looking at a raw text file instead of a zip file.

Just click (in your browser) File -> Save As and under "Save as type" select Text File.
fjl

Post by fjl »

How can i get the code that is behind a spoiler to not start on a another line?

Basically put if I do this,

I want to go to [spoiler]school[/spoiler] today.

It will come out like this,

I want to go to
school
today.

The word that i put to be hidden under the spoiler tags gets its own line instead of being part of the same line as the whole sentence. Please tell me how to fix this.
This is my Sig... :|
boekjar

Post by boekjar »

Throckmorton wrote: This change will allow you to hide images as well.

<!-- BEGIN spoiler_open -->
    <span class="genmed"><b>Spoiler:</b></span> <span class="gensmall">(Mouse-Over to Reveal)</span>
    <div style="position: relative; border: black 1px solid; height: 100%;">
      <div style="margin: 5px;">
        <span class="postbody">    
<!-- END spoiler_open --> 

</span>
      </div>
      <div height="100%" style=" position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%; background-color: #000000;" onMouseOver='javascript:this.style.background="none";' onMouseOut='javascript:this.style.background="#000000";'></div>
    </div>
Can be seen here.
It seems to me as though you can't right-click and select "Properties" of spoilered images... And if you spoiler a link, you can't click on it to follow to the target. Is there a fix for this?
Throckmorton

Post by Throckmorton »

boekjar wrote: It seems to me as though you can't right-click and select "Properties" of spoilered images... And if you spoiler a link, you can't click on it to follow to the target. Is there a fix for this?

I don't think there is any way to conveniently get either of those requests working. Sorry.
-Lance

Come visit The Illuminati-R-Us Forums for all your debunking needs.

I was touched by His Noodly Appendage
brschmid

Post by brschmid »

is this mod supposed to add another button for the spoiler, or is that something i can add myself? if so how do you do that?
JuHeT

Post by JuHeT »

We have AdInfinitum-template, I managed to install the MOD succesfully, but the result for trying to add the tag is this:

[spoiler:137d0781dd]Text to be spoiled[/spoiler:137d0781dd]
Could it be because we are'nt using the SubSilver-template?
Any suggestions how I can solve the problem?
Tomthumb

Post by Tomthumb »

Nice mod.. I'm goin to install it on my forum soon...
Have U.S. traffic? Have a large forum and can't monetize it? Earn $1.20 CPM for U.S. traffic, $6 CPM RAW impressions -> Clicky
scorpz

Post by scorpz »

JuHeT wrote: We have AdInfinitum-template, I managed to install the MOD succesfully, but the result for trying to add the tag is this:

Yes i get this too, but i use counterstrike template.
chaotic4life

Post by chaotic4life »

Hi,

just a probably very stupid question, but is this MOD supposed to create a SPOILER button as well? I kind of was expecting it, but it didn't.
The coding is working like a charm, but I was wondering if I did something wrong or if there just is no button. (and if not, if there is a way to create one?)

Thanks!
bkc123

Post by bkc123 »

scorpz wrote:
JuHeT wrote:We have AdInfinitum-template, I managed to install the MOD succesfully, but the result for trying to add the tag is this:

Yes i get this too, but i use counterstrike template.

im using SubSilver and i got the same thing.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”