[2.0.15] User Gag

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
62%
Very Good
23%
Good
No votes
Fair
8%
Poor
8%

Total votes: 13

Swizec
Former Team Member

Post by Swizec »

Well too bad for you :lol:

Energyswordsman

Post by Energyswordsman »

can I do this on my boards...?
they are hosted on www.hostmybb.com

Swizec
Former Team Member

Post by Swizec »

do you have physical access to the files?

then yes, otherwise no

Traffic Goddess

Post by Traffic Goddess »

WW2dude wrote: I just installed it using EasyMOD on a 2.0.17 board and it works fine.

Awesome mod, good work! :wink:

Here's another stupid question:

How in the world do you use this to install on Easy Mod? All I have downloaded is a text file of directions which tell me the files I need to change and which parts need to be changed. Am I totally missing something?
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning!

http://www.policehub.com/phpbb2

mosport

Post by mosport »

put that text file in a folder under admin/mods
easy mod should pick it up.

Traffic Goddess

Post by Traffic Goddess »

mosport-
You are a GOD! Thanks so much, problem solved and I'm now awaiting the screaming to begin from my biggest pain in the butt on the forum!
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning!

http://www.policehub.com/phpbb2

SlammedDime

Post by SlammedDime »

Just tested on 2.0.19 w/ CH 2.1.4 and it worked flawlessly. Thanks! :D

Shanana

Post by Shanana »

Good one! Can't wait until April...

Saeru

Post by Saeru »

Anyone got a working sample? :3
"Naku ga yousuru ichidanto tsuyosa kyaku ga icchuu wo yusuru."[/size]

Swizec
Former Team Member

Post by Swizec »

http://swizec.com/forum

user: gaged
pass: joke

Facetious Sage

Post by Facetious Sage »

3Di wrote:
pavel01 wrote:It says this:

#
#-----[ SQL ]------------------------------------------
#

ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` ADD `user_binary` TINYINT( 1 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL ;

#

and I don't know how to do this, i am in mySQL phpmyAdmin and I don't know how to do this line, can someone please lead me through this ???

select your database (left window), press SQL (up in the screen), insert this query in the input window:

Code: Select all

ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` ADD `user_binary` TINYINT( 1 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL ;
click GO.

Okay, I feel extremely dumb, but I forgive myself because I'm relatively new.

The instructions are overall straightforward, but I am also stumped by this particular instruction. When I am in my Administration Panel, I do not see an option for "database", although I do see options to "Backup Database" and "Restore Database".

The Phpbb verision I have is 2.0.19

I have also clicked through the various options available to me on the Left-hand window of the Administration Panel.

I have made all of the other noted changes listed (i.e., the specific files by name that receive the added syntax) so that the option for me to set a viewer to "see posts in Binary" shows up and is selectable.

When the selection is made, however, it doesn't "stick", so I can only assume that my neglecting the "SQL" step has something to do with it.

Below you will see a list of the exact options available to me in the Admin's left-hand panel.

Admin Index
Forum Index
Preview Forum

Forum Admin
Management
Permissions
Pruning

General Admin
Backup Database
Configuration
Mass Email
Restore Database
Smilies
Word Censors

Group Admin
Management
Permissions

Styles Admin
Add
Create
Export
Management

User Admin
Ban Control
Disallow names
Management
Permissions
Ranks

If someone can help me with what I am missing, I would greatly appreciate it. Please bear in mind that I am relatively new, so may need clarification of any terms that are unfamiliar to me.

Thank you for your time.

Swizec
Former Team Member

Post by Swizec »

Yes, this is not usually found within the ACP, you have to open up your database administration thingy. Usually this is phpMyAdmin and you ahve to either know how to reach it or ask your host as to how you can reach it. You then have to click on the SQL tab thingy and simply insert the query and execute it by clicking "Go".

That's it, if you have a different sql administration thing then you have to do it the way that requires it done.

If you had used EasyMod it can do SQL changes automatically and you do not need to wory about them :)

Facetious Sage

Post by Facetious Sage »

Swizec wrote: Yes, this is not usually found within the ACP, you have to open up your database administration thingy. Usually this is phpMyAdmin and you ahve to either know how to reach it or ask your host as to how you can reach it. You then have to click on the SQL tab thingy and simply insert the query and execute it by clicking "Go".

That's it, if you have a different sql administration thing then you have to do it the way that requires it done.

If you had used EasyMod it can do SQL changes automatically and you do not need to wory about them :)

Thank you for your fast answer. It is comforting to know that I haven't lost my mind. (Well....at least not due to Forum Admin issues at any rate...)

I infer from what you have said that the phpMyAdmin is an interface that is hosted separately from the other files associated with the forum, correct? Since this is the first time it has occurred to me to look, I shall probably have to ask my Host.

I am not sure what EasyMod is, as I have not read enough to understand it in context. Is it a program that is compatible with phpBB, or is it a completely separate medium with which one creates/administrates Forums? Or am I way off here too?

[EDIT: I think I may have found it. I'll let you know how it goes]

[FURTHER EDIT: Thank you, your explanation clarified everything quite a bit! I did, indeed, find the necessary table with the field to enter the Query and ran it.]
Last edited by Facetious Sage on Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Swizec
Former Team Member

Post by Swizec »

EasyMod is a mod for phpBB2 taht installs other mods, it's really nice, you can find it in the modDB, or rather a link to where it's new home is.

Facetious Sage

Post by Facetious Sage »

Again, I appreciate your help.

I decided to give myself a crash course in php, so a few days ago I had never even bothered to look at the code.

I imagine I will have a number of seemingly stupid questions in the beginning, but hopefully I will advance to more intricate and intelligent questions as time goes by.

As to the gag itself....now that I have it working, I can highly recommend it to any Admin with a good sense of humor.......
Last edited by Facetious Sage on Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”