Can someone PLEASE help me and tell me how to install this with EasyMOD?
Installing MODs with EasyMOD
Theoretically, EM should be able to install any single MOD currently in the MODs database at www.phpbb.com
. However, MOD authors do not currently write their MODs to prevent clashes with other MODs. Therefore the more MODs you install then the more likely they will clash with each other and EM won't be able to install them. The next phase of the project will be to write a set of standards to prevent this (EMC).
To Install a MOD
1. Connect to the server (through the FTP) where the MOD(s) are to be installed
2. Go to the forum folder and then admin/mods/ folder
3. Create a new folder for the MOD files and folders
* note: the directory you create cannot have any spaces or single quotes (')
* note: All MODs should have their own directory
* example (correct): admin/mods/Country_Flags
* example (incorrect): admin/mods/Country Flags
4. Upload all files and folders for the MOD into the created folder.
5. Visit the forum where the MOD(s) are to be installed, log in as an Administrator, and enter the Administration Panel.
6. Click on "Install MODs" under the "MOD Center" header in the left-hand-side panel.
7. Enter the password for EasyMOD that you first set at installation (or on the "EasyMOD Settings" page).
8. EM will list any MODs it detects (see below for problems). Find the MOD in the list of MODs and just click the "Process" button to the right of it.
9. Confirm that EasyMOD has detected and correctly interpreted all steps in the MOD and then click the "Next Step" button.
10. EasyMOD will now make changes to your database if you command it to. Any SQL with a check next to it will be performed by EM. If you are reinstalling a MOD, you probably do not want to run the SQL a second time, so be careful!
Official Warning: This is a DUMB process. Commands you check off will be executed but EM does NOT check to see if these changes will negatively impact your database. You are STRONGLY advised to backup your database before making any changes! Prior to executing, you are advised to examine each command thoroughly or ask for feedback from experienced MOD installers. Again, if you are reinstalling a MOD, multiple executions of the same SQL lines could adversely effect your database!
Click the "Complete Installation" button when your done.
11. Check to make sure that the MOD installed correctly.
* note: in most of the cases (settings) you won't have to worry about that, but if you had chosen "download" or "on screen" method for writing or "manually load" for moving then you will need to move backups and other files to places shown in the tables.