[2.0.16] Profile Only For Logged In

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
75%
Very Good
13%
Good
13%
Fair
No votes
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 24

RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

more than likely the host had a ***hiccup*** which seems to happen alot on here, btw.

Download works fine when the host works fine. ;)
SmokerMI

Post by SmokerMI »

I appreciate your responding but but but ummm it's continuing to hicup :(

Should I wait like a day or something ?

Can you download that mod right now ?
Smoker
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Yes I can download it...right now. ;)

You can try and get it from my site if you like.
SmokerMI

Post by SmokerMI »

Thank you for the offer but I would prefer to get this fixed here.

I have opened a new post http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=467346 to see if there is some help with this problem.

Thanks again
Smoker
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

LOL...there's nothing wrong with the download..it works just fine (just tested on Opera and FF).

So more than likely it's at your end which was the point of me posting that link.
durom

Post by durom »

OK. I have to do it manually and I have a problem with the first line.
this is what I get when I run query:
"#1062 - Duplicate entry 'allow_login_for_profile' for key 1"
Any idea what's wrong?
Regards
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

That error is telling you that you have already run the sql update....just ignore it.
durom

Post by durom »

strange, I got this error for the first time I run the query. Anyway it seems to work now.
Thanks.
Geiri

Post by Geiri »

Exelent mod :D
So easy to install and quick.

I would like to thank Nite§talker for his contrib....

Geiri
follies

Post by follies »

Amazing MOD! Works fine with EasyMOD (just be sure to change subSilver to your template name if you have a custom template - just one instance in the MOD where you need to do this).

Voted Excellent. THANKS!!! :D
Seria

Post by Seria »

thanks for this mod! ^_^ I installed it on 2.0.21 and it works perfectly, thanks again ^_^
¿What do you call it when a blond dies her hair brunette?
Artificial intelligence ^_~ ...yes, im blond :P

I will offer as much help I can on mods that I have installed, just PM me. (i don't use easymod, so I can't help with that.)
Mods installed so far:48 {all manually and on 2.0.22}
aussiewal

Post by aussiewal »

Hi Everyone

Installed this on 2.0.21 using easymod, no errors at all.

Found the area on the Admin Panel and activated it, saved and all OK, no errors.

But...

If I logout and simulate being a guest, and click on a profile link, it takes me to a 404 error page. Have tried for a few days thinking it may be the ISP but nope.

I am running phpBB2, through geeklog as a bridge so this may have something to do with it but I don't know what is causing the problem, all other mods I have installed work fine.

Any advise or a push in the right direction would be appreciated.

Will
Seria

Post by Seria »

I installed this mod manually (i've installed 34 mods so far, so... I don't trust easymod)

anyway. when I log out and try to view a profile, I get taken to the login page(which im sure is what is supposed to happen)

does a 404 error mean that the file is not found? or that you don't have access to it.

if it means that you don't have access, what you said might be the problem.

if the file is not found, then maybe somewhere in the installation of the mod, the url got messed up

(As for the code in the mod, I don’t have a clue. I know some html.. That’s about it. I just follow the installation instructions and hope that nothing breaks when im done :P )
¿What do you call it when a blond dies her hair brunette?
Artificial intelligence ^_~ ...yes, im blond :P

I will offer as much help I can on mods that I have installed, just PM me. (i don't use easymod, so I can't help with that.)
Mods installed so far:48 {all manually and on 2.0.22}
aussiewal

Post by aussiewal »

Seria wrote: I installed this mod manually (i've installed 34 mods so far, so... I don't trust easymod)

anyway. when I log out and try to view a profile, I get taken to the login page(which im sure is what is supposed to happen)

does a 404 error mean that the file is not found? or that you don't have access to it.

if it means that you don't have access, what you said might be the problem.

if the file is not found, then maybe somewhere in the installation of the mod, the url got messed up

(As for the code in the mod, I don’t have a clue. I know some html.. That’s about it. I just follow the installation instructions and hope that nothing breaks when im done :P )

Hi I'm still having problems getting this mod to work with geeklog.

I have been trying for 6 days now to figure it out but can't.

I still get the 404 error page when a guest attempts to view a profile, not the logon in page.

ANYONE ! HELP..... PLEASE!

Will
climbersteve

additional privacy option

Post by climbersteve »

I'm posting here because people seem to be having trouble getting this to work. I didn't want the ability to turn this on or off, I just wanted it on... so I just skipped all the phpmyadmin and SQL and ACP stuff! Hopefully this will be useful to others. See further down for memberlist changes also.

Here's an example: http://climber.org/forum/memberlist.php

Code: Select all

vi profile.php

insert these lines
		//Requires a user to be logged in to view a profile.
		if ( !$userdata['session_logged_in'] ) // && $board_config['allow_login_for_profile']
		{
			redirect(append_sid("login.$phpEx?redirect=profile.$phpEx&mode=viewprofile&" . POST_USERS_URL . '=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS[POST_USERS_URL], true));
		}

before this line
		include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/usercp_viewprofile.'.$phpEx);
I also wanted to keep spammers from displaying their websites on my memberlist, and to keep guests from seeing/using those website links, and to keep guests from using the PM and Email links, which this does quite nicely:

Code: Select all

vi templates\yourtemplate\memberlist_body.tpl

in these lines
	<tr> 
	  <th height="25" class="thCornerL" nowrap="nowrap">#</th>
	  <th class="thTop" nowrap="nowrap">&nbsp;</th>
	  <th class="thTop" nowrap="nowrap">{L_USERNAME}</th>
	  <th class="thTop" nowrap="nowrap">{L_EMAIL}</th>
	  <th class="thTop" nowrap="nowrap">{L_FROM}</th>
	  <th class="thTop" nowrap="nowrap">{L_JOINED}</th>
	  <th class="thTop" nowrap="nowrap">{L_POSTS}</th>
	  <th class="thCornerR" nowrap="nowrap">{L_WEBSITE}</th>
	</tr>
	<!-- BEGIN memberrow -->
	<tr> 
	  <td class="{memberrow.ROW_CLASS}" align="center"><span class="gen">&nbsp;{memberrow.ROW_NUMBER}&nbsp;</span></td>
	  <td class="{memberrow.ROW_CLASS}" align="center">&nbsp;{memberrow.PM_IMG}&nbsp;</td>
	  <td class="{memberrow.ROW_CLASS}" align="center"><span class="gen"><a href="{memberrow.U_VIEWPROFILE}" class="gen">{memberrow.USERNAME}</a></span></td>
	  <td class="{memberrow.ROW_CLASS}" align="center" valign="middle">&nbsp;{memberrow.EMAIL_IMG}&nbsp;</td>
	  <td class="{memberrow.ROW_CLASS}" align="center" valign="middle"><span class="gen">{memberrow.FROM}</span></td>
	  <td class="{memberrow.ROW_CLASS}" align="center" valign="middle"><span class="gensmall">{memberrow.JOINED}</span></td>
	  <td class="{memberrow.ROW_CLASS}" align="center" valign="middle"><span class="gen">{memberrow.POSTS}</span></td>
	  <td class="{memberrow.ROW_CLASS}" align="center">&nbsp;{memberrow.WWW_IMG}&nbsp;</td>
	</tr>
	<!-- END memberrow -->

remove these lines
	  <th class="thTop" nowrap="nowrap">&nbsp;</th>
	  <th class="thTop" nowrap="nowrap">{L_EMAIL}</th>
	  <th class="thCornerR" nowrap="nowrap">{L_WEBSITE}</th>
	  <td class="{memberrow.ROW_CLASS}" align="center">&nbsp;{memberrow.PM_IMG}&nbsp;</td>
	  <td class="{memberrow.ROW_CLASS}" align="center" valign="middle">&nbsp;{memberrow.EMAIL_IMG}&nbsp;</td>
	  <td class="{memberrow.ROW_CLASS}" align="center">&nbsp;{memberrow.WWW_IMG}&nbsp;</td>
Of course you could remove more or less lines to suppress more or less columns in your memberlist table. BE CAREFUL to remove matching header and data lines.

Steve

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”