[2.0.16] Mouse hover last post

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
65%
Very Good
16%
Good
13%
Fair
No votes
Poor
6%

Total votes: 31

evhwg

Post by evhwg »

This is the only thing I couldn't get perfect on 2.0.20 with SubSilver and I can't get mine to work either. Dosn't bring up any info?

Under viewtopic_body.tpl I have in this line an added feature for the ATTACH mod would this stop it from working? Here is the code.

<td class="row1" width="100%"><span class="topictitle">{topicrow.NEWEST_POST_IMG}{topicrow.TOPIC_ATTACHMENT_IMG}{topicrow.TOPIC_TYPE}<a href="{topicrow.U_VIEW_TOPIC}" title="{topicrow.LAST_POST_RESULT}" class="topictitle">{topicrow.TOPIC_TITLE}</a></span><span class="gensmall"><br />

and here is the code you wanted me to look for.

<td class="row1" width="100%"><span class="topictitle">{topicrow.NEWEST_POST_IMG}{topicrow.TOPIC_TYPE}<a href="{topicrow.U_VIEW_TOPIC}" class="topictitle">{topicrow.TOPIC_TITLE}</a></span><span class="gensmall"><br />

Do I need to move this code somewhere else ---> title="{topicrow.LAST_POST_RESULT}" 
hotice_ wrote: Has anyone successfully implemented this in 2.0.20?

I tried manually installling the second release of the MOD but couldn't get it to work properly...

something wrong in template.php line 127

I did notice though that this part couldn't be completed exactly as mentionned in the instructions:

Code: Select all

# 
#-----[ FIND ]----------------------------------- 
# 

<td class="row1" width="100%"><span class="topictitle">{topicrow.NEWEST_POST_IMG}{topicrow.TOPIC_TYPE}<a href="{topicrow.U_VIEW_TOPIC}" class="topictitle">{topicrow.TOPIC_TITLE}</a></span><span class="gensmall"><br />

# 
# 
#-----[ IN-LINE FIND ]----------------------------------- 
# 

class="topictitle">{topicrow.TOPIC_TITLE}

# 
#-----[ IN-LINE BEFORE, ADD ]------------------------------------------- 
# 

title="{topicrow.LAST_POST_RESULT}" 

# 
The [IN-LINE FIND] part can't be found as it seems to no longer use the class "topictitle"...

any help would be appreciated
mrshermanoaks

worked great

Post by mrshermanoaks »

I'd love to figure out now how to add this to my "Latest active topics on index" mod as well. Anyone managed to get that to work?
intranix

Post by intranix »

Thanks for this mod (the original, not the advanced one). Works very well :)
rocketsep

Post by rocketsep »

Is there anyway to get a delay before the first topic box appears. At the moment, as you move down the page, boxes appear as the mouse goes over the various topics. If there was say a 1/2 second delay, then the box would not appear unless you stopped on a topic
mhmdkhamis

Post by mhmdkhamis »

thank you
vxchev

Post by vxchev »

YAHOOFANCLUB wrote: Is there anyway to get preview of the first post. Please help me out. :D

All I did was change the word last to first and it work.

Does anybody know how to get it to work with search results. Please let me know - Thanks
http://www.ls1-australia.com - Technical & Tuning - Place to discuss modifications, tuning or any other technical information for your LS1, LS2, L76 or L98 powered Holden / HSV vehicle
Avinitlarge

Post by Avinitlarge »

Ive just installed it but it wont work, Ive double checked twice and I seem to have done it right, Ive installed it in the subsilver and blacker styles and it doesnt work on either

Sorted it
Holy Whisper

Post by Holy Whisper »

Anybody have any idea how to install this amazing mod for the Nosebleed template.

Everything I have tried seems to have a rather bizzare impact on our forum.

The closest line of code to the :

..that I can find is :

{topicrow.NEWEST_POST_IMG}{topicrow.TOPIC_TYPE}<span class="blacklink"><a href="{topicrow.U_VIEW_TOPIC}">{topicrow.TOPIC_TITLE}</a></span><br />
Problem is I do not seem to be able to get the added line of code in the right place !

Anyone have any suggestions ?

HW.
ScrapbookSupplies

Re: [2.0.16] Mouse hover last post

Post by ScrapbookSupplies »

Hi,

I have installed this mod on our board (v2.0.22) and I love it! It installed easily and functions without a hitch! Great work!

Have a question though - I would like to see if we can decrease the number of characters that are previewed, and possibly add something like "view topic to read more" or something like that in the box.

Our forum is still quite small and many of our posts are short in length, where viewers do not go into the posts to view the posts, they use the mouse over hover instead. I am terrified of going into My SQL without a firm "it's okay to do this", so I don't want to go in there and just change the variable/number to see if it will work - and that wont add the little comment to "click on topic or view topic to read more".

Would love to hear some input. Thanks so much!
ScrapbookSupplies

Re: [2.0.16] Mouse hover last post - change # of characters disp

Post by ScrapbookSupplies »

Hi!

We're using the mouse hover and really like it, but since our board is small and our posts tend to be short, I would like to reduce the number of characters displayed on the hover - thus enticing users to click into the post. I am terrified about messing around in My SQL without a firm "okay" though.

Can anyone tell me if I will hurt anything by going in and changing the number of characters to display? Or how I should change this?

Thanks so much!
Jeanne
marian0810
Former Team Member
Name: Marian

Post by marian0810 »

Is there a way to show smilies in the preview?
You and me, time and space. You watch us run!
aklap

Post by aklap »

Hi,

I am a newbie to this type of coding. I have learned much thanks to this forum! I have recently configured and now manage a pbpBB 2.x board. This MOD is installed and working. My members would like the hover to show 1st post instead of the last post...I have that part working. However, I myself prefer seeing a snippet of the last post. I would like to put this as hover on the Last Post Author Link. I do not see the where it generates the HTML code in viewforum_body.tpl. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

TIA!

Al
sparky678911

Post by sparky678911 »

hi i have this mod installed and it is great but is there anyway of doing it so that if some has added a image in there post it will show up as a tunmbnail when someone hovers over cheers ;)

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”