[ABD] Subforum Display Options 0.1.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
mreider

Re: [BETA] Subforum Display Options 0.1.0

Post by mreider »

If the columns were displayed using something like 'display:block' that might work.

Either way it'd be nice to have the option. For example on my forum, there are subforums for different countries. So I'd like to have the country flag next to each sub forum. They're all the same size..
gch5185

Post by gch5185 »

Hi. I'm using AeroBlue template. The 2 column option is not working, it is showing in a row. Any idea?
Mr.Victor

Post by Mr.Victor »

I installed this mod but would like to get it working with the subforums (subalbums) in phpbb gallery 1.0.1. I made the same edits to styles/prosilver/template/gallery/albumlist_body.html as I did to forumlist_body.html. The line to replace in forumlist_body.html is this:

Code: Select all

<!-- IF forumrow.SUBFORUMS and forumrow.S_LIST_SUBFORUMS --><br /><strong>{forumrow.L_SUBFORUM_STR}</strong> {forumrow.SUBFORUMS}<!-- ENDIF -->
It is exactly the same in albumlist_body.html except whereever it would say forumrow it says albumrow:

<!-- IF albumrow.SUBFORUMS and albumrow.S_LIST_SUBFORUMS --><br /><strong>{albumrow.L_SUBFORUM_STR}</strong> {albumrow.SUBFORUMS}<!-- ENDIF -->
So I replace the "forumrow"s with "albumrow"s in this code:

<!-- IF forumrow.SUBFORUMS and forumrow.S_LIST_SUBFORUMS --><br /><strong>{forumrow.L_SUBFORUM_STR}</strong>
						<!-- IF forumrow.S_SUBFORUM_DISPLAY === '1' -->
							<!-- BEGIN subforum -->
								<div class="<!-- IF forumrow.subforum.S_ROW_COUNT is odd -->column2<!-- ELSE -->column1<!-- ENDIF -->"><a href="{forumrow.subforum.U_SUBFORUM}" class="subforum <!-- IF forumrow.subforum.S_UNREAD is odd -->unread<!-- ELSE -->read<!-- ENDIF -->">{forumrow.subforum.SUBFORUM_NAME}</a></div>
							<!-- END subforum -->
						<!-- ELSEIF forumrow.S_SUBFORUM_DISPLAY === '2' --><br />
							<!-- BEGIN subforum -->
								<a href="{forumrow.subforum.U_SUBFORUM}" class="subforum <!-- IF forumrow.subforum.S_UNREAD is odd -->unread<!-- ELSE -->read<!-- ENDIF -->">{forumrow.subforum.SUBFORUM_NAME}</a><br />
							<!-- END subforum -->
						<!-- ELSE -->
							{forumrow.SUBFORUMS}<!-- If it's neither 1 nor 2, let's go with default -->
						<!-- ENDIF -->
					<!-- ENDIF -->
Unfortunately when I go to the gallery index the subforums are no longer displaying but the space allocated for them is still there (I have a ton of subalbums hence why I really want this mod for gallery). What else do I need to do to make this work? Anybody try this yet? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Galaxy21

Post by Galaxy21 »

gch5185 wrote:Hi. I'm using AeroBlue template. The 2 column option is not working, it is showing in a row. Any idea?
What is this template based on?
Mr.Victor wrote:I installed this mod but would like to get it working with the subforums (subalbums) in phpbb gallery 1.0.1.

Unfortunately when I go to the gallery index the subforums are no longer displaying but the space allocated for them is still there (I have a ton of subalbums hence why I really want this mod for gallery). What else do I need to do to make this work? Anybody try this yet? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Way ahead of you: http://www.flying-bits.org/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=1700
;)
gch5185

Post by gch5185 »

Galaxy21 wrote:
gch5185 wrote:Hi. I'm using AeroBlue template. The 2 column option is not working, it is showing in a row. Any idea?
What is this template based on?
Mr.Victor wrote:I installed this mod but would like to get it working with the subforums (subalbums) in phpbb gallery 1.0.1.

Way ahead of you: http://www.flying-bits.org/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=1700
;)
But this new mod you're recommending is Subalbum display while we need Subforum, dude.
Galaxy21

Post by Galaxy21 »

gch5185 wrote:But this new mod you're recommending is Subalbum display while we need Subforum, dude.
That was for Mr.Victor, not for you. ;)

I asked you:
galaxy21 wrote:What is this template based on?
Galaxy21

Post by Galaxy21 »

Please, no support requests via PM:
gch5185 wrote:
Galaxy21 wrote:What is this template based on?
What do you meant? It is a AeroBlue template
http://demo.phpbb3styles.net/AeroBlue
Now, I've checked the AeroBlue template details:
Style version: 1.3.3 (subsilver2)

So it is based on subsilver2. That means you should follow the instructions for subsilver2 from the MOD install file. However, if you still have probems with AeroBlue, i can't help you. Because I can not support any style that is out there. I hope you understand that.
Vytas

Post by Vytas »

Great mod, but it doesn't work with this - http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1323075 modification, f.e - when subforum is showing in main index and someone posts a message in that subforum theme, subforums title doesn't become colored in red.

I think it needs some editions in functions_display.php?
Galaxy21

Post by Galaxy21 »

I haven't tested that other MOD.
Could you post the code with the "Colored link when new post"-Mod before you tried to install the "Subforum Display Options" and after? I assume this could be a simple template issue.
Vytas

Post by Vytas »

When I set subforum display options to default, colored link works well, bet when choose other option, it stop to work :?
PowWowPalace

Post by PowWowPalace »

I just installed on my phpBB 3.0.5 board and it works perfectly. Thanks!
Galaxy21

Post by Galaxy21 »

Vytas wrote:When I set subforum display options to default, colored link works well, bet when choose other option, it stop to work :?
I think I understand what your problem is - but I need to have a look at the code!

Specifically how you replaced this part in forumlist_body.html:

<!-- IF forumrow.SUBFORUMS and forumrow.S_LIST_SUBFORUMS --><br /><strong>{forumrow.L_SUBFORUM_STR}</strong> {forumrow.SUBFORUMS}<!-- ENDIF -->
...assuming you use prosilver... ;)
PowWowPalace wrote:I just installed on my phpBB 3.0.5 board and it works perfectly. Thanks!
You're welcome ;)
aakash83

Post by aakash83 »

Hi
I have installed this mod using automod. purged the cache and refreshed teh styles. I have seen no change in the admin cp manage forums section. can u pleas etell me how to use this mod to change settings for sub forums, I am using phpbb 3.0.5 .
Thanks
free video tutorials ,ebooks ,windows tips
www.vupages.com
mej284

Post by mej284 »

If anyone is interested, I have set this mod to work with X-iPhone

Can be found here: http://www.skin-lab.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2973#p2973

Here is an example:
I do not respond to unsolicited PM's

Skin-lab styles
SubMerged Style
Galaxy21

Post by Galaxy21 »

aakash83 wrote:Hi
I have installed this mod using automod. purged the cache and refreshed teh styles. I have seen no change in the admin cp manage forums section. can u pleas etell me how to use this mod to change settings for sub forums, I am using phpbb 3.0.5 .
Thanks
This MOD has not been tested with Auto-MOD. You should verify the changes manually.
Do you get any error message?

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”