[ADB] Social Networking Site Buttons 2.1.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
The-Lord

Re: [RC3] Social Networking Site Buttons 2.0.1

Post by The-Lord » Sat May 30, 2009 4:36 pm

Cool Mod. Dunno how I missed it. Will run it on test board today. :)

Thanks.

eugene187

Post by eugene187 » Sat May 30, 2009 5:11 pm

last.fm is a great idea :!:

vwrmic

Post by vwrmic » Sat May 30, 2009 7:31 pm

Adding your own networking sites to this mod is very very simple but very very time consuming. Though not any fault of the author.

My site doesn't use any of the profile icons contained in this mod, I strictly used it to add other networks, all I did was go through the modification installation file and each time BEBO appeared, I copied the line of code and change the word BEBO to which ever network I wanted to use. I make it sound slightly simpler than it actually is, but everything you need to install your own is already located in the installation file. Now, I can install mods fine, but I can't code at all, so it's certainly not that difficult and you don't need to know more than the basics.

Ahri89

Post by Ahri89 » Sat May 30, 2009 9:41 pm

eugene187 wrote:last.fm is a great idea :!:
And Tuenti and Badoo =)
MODs translated to Spanish: ACP Add User MOD, ACP Announcement Centre, Advertisement Management, Custom Profile Fields, Update Reminder, Flood time setting per forum, MOD Version Check, Posting template, Prune Log, Simple Trash Bin, TinyPic Plugin, User Reminder, View Profile, View your topics, and more...

Sorry for my bad english xD

[o0]

Post by [o0] » Sat May 30, 2009 11:36 pm

vwrmic wrote:all I did was go through the modification installation file and each time BEBO appeared, I copied the line of code and change the word BEBO to which ever network I wanted to use.
Yeah, that would be one solution.. but if you could do this within the ACP, it would be a more elegant method and less time consuming. (But I guess I'll make it your way in the next weeks ;])

Anyway, great mod.. thanks kellybean ;)

vwrmic

Post by vwrmic » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:53 pm

I have been using this mod for a while now and only today found an issue. I wanted to add something to one of the users profile fields and while in the ACP I entered the ID into the field and hit submit. I got the confirmation confirming it had been changed, but after reloading, it's still blank.

Any ideas on what could be wrong?

JupiterGPL

Post by JupiterGPL » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:57 am

With Facebook's new personal ID's... This may affect the wording of the explanation field and the use of the URL field.

It currently says:
Enter your public Facebook profile url. Example: http://www.facebook.com/people/Your_Name/123456789

But if someone has updated their profile to the new personal ID's/usernames.... the url to their public profile is different. Now it's just... http://www.facebook.com/username

The problem is that people who have not created usernames, the old URL is the only way for it to work... But that does not work for people who have created usernames. The old user id is nowhere to be found. So they must use the new url.

So.... Any thoughts on we should proceed on this?

KellyBean

Post by KellyBean » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:11 am

I see what you're saying... it shouldn't make a difference for the MOD working or not, though, because 1) The field calls for an url, not a specific url, if you know what I mean and 2) If you click on the old url, Facebook automatically reroutes it to the new url anyway. I will update the help text for the new version of the MOD though. :)
My Forum | My Design/How-to Site
Need help MODing or customizing your site? I can do it for a very reasonable fee. Contact me!

vwrmic

Post by vwrmic » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:11 am

Any ideas on my issue, KellyBean? :)

damsprivate

Post by damsprivate » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:23 am

bookmarked nice addon . i hope this will go to the db soon :)
binus university 2009 .
"did u know that 17 august ( when i join this forum ) is at Indonesia independence day ? "

NoSpamHere

Post by NoSpamHere » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:10 pm

It would be very nice if you could add buttons for MeinVz and/or StudiVz. It's practically a german Rip-Off of Facebook. Widely used in the german speaking countries.

chuckun

Post by chuckun » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:49 am

EDIT: Don't worry, I've realised its something to do with the fact I've altered the template to show the avatars on the left... >.<

Hey, I really, really love this mod...

Firstly, I'm quite savvy with PHP and have lots of experience with phpBB too, and I've not often asked for support but now I have to >.<

I installed this mod a minute ago, definitely completed all the steps perfectly, yet I see nothing under the user avatar by posts...

I'm using the proFormell theme which is just an edit of prosilver, so it should work fine..

The database is fine, data is being stored correctly. If I look at the output source of any topic page, I can see the social networking icons are being output, but they arent visual.. =/

I had an issue at first where I forgot to refresh the imageset... But I did that, then purged cache, still nothing.

So I then went and edited the imageset, to find that none of the images had actually been set by the edit made which should've done so.. (and the lines of code are definitely there, perfectly..) So I added the images manually in the imageset. Then refreshed the imageset again, purged cache, and STILL, nothing =/

Any suggestions?

I don't like wasting peoples time through my own stupidity so if you cant think of anything off the top of your head I'll just reinstall it...

CemetaryMan

Post by CemetaryMan » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:40 pm

chuckun wrote:EDIT: Don't worry, I've realised its something to do with the fact I've altered the template to show the avatars on the left... >.<

The database is fine, data is being stored correctly. If I look at the output source of any topic page, I can see the social networking icons are being output, but they arent visual.. =/

I had an issue at first where I forgot to refresh the imageset... But I did that, then purged cache, still nothing.

So I then went and edited the imageset, to find that none of the images had actually been set by the edit made which should've done so.. (and the lines of code are definitely there, perfectly..) So I added the images manually in the imageset. Then refreshed the imageset again, purged cache, and STILL, nothing =/

Any suggestions?

I don't like wasting peoples time through my own stupidity so if you cant think of anything off the top of your head I'll just reinstall it...
I had the same problem, just couldn't get the images too show, spent a long time checking refreshing and checking and didn't show, i got the avatars on the left aswell. I gave up and went in and hard coded the images onto the template and are now showing. So im also interested in any suggestions why, especially for future references ;)

giorgino

Post by giorgino » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:35 pm

Hi great plugin!!!

I have a minor issue with variables...
php say me this

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /memberlist.php on line 1407: Undefined variable: bebo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /memberlist.php on line 1408: Undefined variable: blogger
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /memberlist.php on line 1409: Undefined variable: facebook
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /memberlist.php on line 1410: Undefined variable: goodreads
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /memberlist.php on line 1411: Undefined variable: linkedin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /memberlist.php on line 1412: Undefined variable: myspace
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /memberlist.php on line 1413: Undefined variable: netlog
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /memberlist.php on line 1414: Undefined variable: twitter
What's wrong?

Eragon

Post by Eragon » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:24 pm

How can i integrate "last.fm" link ?

thanks for reply

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”