RPG-mod Legend of the Green Dragon

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
AlleyKat

RPG-mod Legend of the Green Dragon

Post by AlleyKat » Fri Nov 07, 2003 7:47 am

Just a request - anyone know of a MOD coupling phpbb users with LOTGD? I didn't think very deeply, no Points mod connection or anything - but it would be quite cool with a MOD allowing direct access with forum username and allowing rank in game to be shown with posts. Stuff like that. Anyone got it? Planning it? Something? Do I ask too much? :lol:

:mrgreen: AlleyKat
Image Dansk phpBB support (uofficielt)
Find unofficial support in your language here.
Help translate Mozilla extensions @ Babelzilla - Your Language Counts Too!

drake2k

RPG - Legend of the Green Dragon

Post by drake2k » Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:02 pm

Not your everyday bump.

More specifcally. I'm trying to do it myself but my skils in php and mysql suck. I only know enough to know what they mean.

What I would like to see is this:

1. When user's apply for an account in LOTGD it will automically sign them up for PHPBB.

2. Avatars will be loaded here
database = lotgd
table = accounts
Field = Avatar
Type = TEXT
Length/Values =
Attributes =
Null = null
Default = Null
Extra =

Makes little sense I'm sure. Another option to this would be to talk the the folks that made the avatar mod for LOTGD to change their database info to the one that phpbb2 uses.

3. when displaying the avatar and user's name on their post it would show
A. They are or are not a LOTGD player
B. What their Title is
C. Be them Alive or Dead.
D. More info... ;-)

4. Here is the fun part. When you make frequent posts in the phpbb2 it would add gems and gold as prizes to the LOTGD users. :-)

I would help in any way I could but again, my skilss are limited and it would take years for me to accomplish what one modder could do in minutes.

AlleyKat

Post by AlleyKat » Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:09 am

Hi drake2k! :D

I'm getting better at this php thing, slowly but steadily. Actually I'm finding it quite easy with a bit help (easily attained via IRC) finding my way around php generally, it's a lot like my 'old' programming languages (BASIC, PASCAL, COMAL, 6810ASM). 'Modding' the odd php-scripts together into phpbb is getting easier by trial and error day by day - I'm pretty sure that by a bit cooperation and help from other php coders, we can manage buliding an integration.

If you're in on it, let's continue here or start a thread about it on my dk support forum, international forum (just click signature pic). I gotta admit - my own plan was a pretty plain integrated login, but your proposal should be possible too, for sure.

drake2k

Post by drake2k » Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:19 am

Awsome. I'm so glad you replied. I can see it so clearly the finished product but can't figure out how to get there.

I tried your site but only speak sign language and english. Sowwy.

I've had some more ideas. Do you have instant messenger? If so, please page me

Yahoo = drakeblackwell
msn = drakeblackwell@hotmail.com
AIM = drakeblackwell
ICQ = don't remember
IRC = hardly ever

Had some ideas when I was getting my phpbb2 integrated with my coppermine image photo albums. They managed to integrate the log ins together. I can see something like that for LOTGD and would solve the user/pw issue.

AlleyKat wrote: Hi drake2k! :D

I'm getting better at this php thing, slowly but steadily. Actually I'm finding it quite easy with a bit help (easily attained via IRC) finding my way around php generally, it's a lot like my 'old' programming languages (BASIC, PASCAL, COMAL, 6810ASM). 'Modding' the odd php-scripts together into phpbb is getting easier by trial and error day by day - I'm pretty sure that by a bit cooperation and help from other php coders, we can manage buliding an integration.

If you're in on it, let's continue here or start a thread about it on my dk support forum, international forum (just click signature pic). I gotta admit - my own plan was a pretty plain integrated login, but your proposal should be possible too, for sure.

drake2k

A question for any coders and such

Post by drake2k » Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:18 pm

Okay, I asked the folks who made LOTGD and they said it should work. See post. At the end of this snip I have a question listed
By: drakeblackwell ( Drake Blackwell )
Alternate account table.
2004-03-20 20:21

question, can I use an alternat account table as long as I make sure it has all the minimum data cells required. If so, how?

Reason. I have phpbb2 installed on my site and I want to create a single sign on for it and LOTGD. The first step is I want to be able to use the phpbb_users table instead of the accounts table. That way, when someone signs up for an account for LOTGD or PHPBB2 it will create an account for the other. (I hope) The only thing I see that they would run into, would be if they create the account via phpbb2 first, it will not fill in some areas such as race class etc...but I'm thinking maybe we can place something in the LOTGD where when they log in for the first time, even if they created the account via phpbb2 first, it will see that race/class are not selected and put them there on their first day and force them to select.

I don't know if what I"m saying is making any sense at all, because I lost myself. So the basic thing is this .... Single sign on w/ phpbb2.

By: jtraub ( JT Traub )
RE: Alternate account table.
2004-03-20 20:30

IF both your phpbb2 and lotgd tables are installed in the same database, AND if you add all of the appropriate fields to your phpbb2 users table AND if you go through all of the php files for lotgd and change all references to the accounts table to be the phpbb2 users table, THEN it might work.

The issue with race and everything should be correctly handled due to the way lotgd works.

However, I will note that we (lotgd) do NOT support this, and will offer no official help in making this work easier for you. You are completely on your own with this thing.

By: drakeblackwell ( Drake Blackwell )
RE: Alternate account table.
2004-03-20 21:54

thank you, I understand about the non support thing. If I do get it working I guess It would be a phpbb mod rather then a logd mod.

That's for the advise.

while waiting for your reply I manually added all the appropriate fields to my phpbb2 users table with one exception. The accountid will not auto-increment. Give an error "#1075 - Incorrect table definition; There can only be one auto column and it must be defined as a key"

Any thoughts? If this falls under the 'on your own' thing? I understand.

drake2k

ugh

Post by drake2k » Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:50 pm

Well, I managed to get all the right fields added to the phpbb_users table, and used dreamweaver to go through and change all the references to the 'accounts' table to the phpbb_users table. It seemed like a good idea. :-)

Well when you start the game and try to log in, the bloody thing wipes out any and ALL users you already have in the phpbb_users table. Ugh! Have no idea why it did that. Perhaps I should use the 'accounts' table instead and add the phpbb fields to that one and make phpbb piont to that for it's users instead?? What do you guys think?

HitDoS

Post by HitDoS » Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:58 pm

How hard was it to get Legend of the Green Dragon up and running period? I would love to have this setup at my forum as something to play regardless if the single sign on was operational or not.

Was it a pain?

AlleyKat

Post by AlleyKat » Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:18 am

LOTGD is about just as easy setting up as phpbb. Download php and SQL files. Change the dbconnect.php and run the SQL manually; then you can just call the lotgd folder (or index.php) and it's basically running. Your admin login is ADMIN and pass is CHANGEME. But, you know... read the readme, too... ;)

Actually we're doing some (if small) progress on this thing; it can run fine in a simple iframe and can thus have its own page within the phpbb, if that is what is wanted. It'll limit to fewer browsers and looks best in 1024x768 or higher, but it's an extremely easy method.

Unfortunately they do have a single common function, whis is making it a little harder to do nicely with integration (one must rename all calls to redirect() and the function itself in lotgd). When we get phpbb registration and a few more details working, too, I'll be likely to post a link for the work-in-progress test forum.

HitDoS

Post by HitDoS » Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:49 pm

Yeah, I finally got over the fear of creating another SQL database and got LOGD running within 30 minutes.

Let me know If I can help in any way, I know squat about PHP but can follow directions if you need me to test anything.

lord pip

Post by lord pip » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:35 pm

you know you have to change all the files in LOTGD to allow for phpbb sesions.

add
define('IN_PHPBB', true);
$phpbb_root_path = './';
include($phpbb_root_path . 'extension.inc');
include($phpbb_root_path . 'common.'.$phpEx);

$userdata = session_pagestart($user_ip, PAGE_CARD);
init_userprefs($userdata);

to every php file.

Then you have to change all the links to stay in the sesions
ie..

'LINKTOCALL' => append_sid("pagetogoto.$phpEx"),

and if LOTGD uses sesions you have to include them too

drake2k

Post by drake2k » Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:08 am

Lord Pip your code went right over my head but I'll make sure alleykat sees it. We have development page already in the works. He is working primarily on it since he is far superior in knowledge in php/mysql then I am. But I'm trying to help out. I have been also working a little bit on a few mods for php-nuke with legend of the green dragon. Nothing as spectacular, just a block or two with some cool stuff like top players, recent village quotes etc.

HitDos, how do you like your install of LOTGD? I'm glad you got it running.

drake2k

Post by drake2k » Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:56 am

It's been added. Thank you.

lord pip wrote: you know you have to change all the files in LOTGD to allow for phpbb sesions.

add
$phpbb_root_path = './';

to every php file.

ie..

drake2k

Post by drake2k » Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:10 pm

So far not too much progress to report on. Some things the alleykat has done but still in the works. We did put our heads together and make a block for php-nuke just to get the feel of the database. That's off topic but you can PM me about it if you are interested.

If your interested in helping out with this mod please let me or alleykat know. Thank you.

drake2k

Post by drake2k » Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:35 pm

Would there be a code like this for phpnuke users?
lord pip wrote: you know you have to change all the files in LOTGD to allow for phpbb sesions.

add
$phpbb_root_path = './';

to every php file.

ie..

sixf00t4

Post by sixf00t4 » Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:43 am

Wow! i see i am not the only one! keep working on this guys!

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Requests”