Ranks aren't showing

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Bullfn33

Ranks aren't showing

Post by Bullfn33 »

What does it mean if the ranks aren't showing up in the Users and Groups > Manage ranks even though they are placed in the ranks folder?
Bullfn33

Re: Ranks aren't showing

Post by Bullfn33 »

anybody? this doesn't make any sense...
Bullfn33 wrote:What does it mean if the ranks aren't showing up in the Users and Groups > Manage ranks even though they are placed in the ranks folder?
narqelion
I've Been Banned!

Post by narqelion »

Permissions or folder placement. What are the images you uploaded (types) and are they under the root level of /ranks ? :)
Bullfn33

Post by Bullfn33 »

narqelion wrote:Permissions or folder placement. What are the images you uploaded (types) and are they under the root level of /ranks ? :)
thanks for the reply...the ranks are .gif images and they are located under /distribution/images/ranks and /distribution/images/StarRanks. My phpbb3 root directory is called distribution. It's just that they are not showing up in the drop down box when trying to edit or add a new rank.
narqelion
I've Been Banned!

Post by narqelion »

So your images are in the following hierarchy:

../images/ranks/image1.gif
../images/ranks/image2.gif
../images/ranks/image3.gif

Your ACP -> Server configuration ->Server settings -> Rank image storage path: is images/ranks ?

What are the permissions on the images/ranks folder? :)
Bullfn33

Post by Bullfn33 »

narqelion wrote:So your images are in the following hierarchy:

Your ACP -> Server configuration ->Server settings -> Rank image storage path: is images/ranks ?
Yes. I did notice in the Server settings my Script path was set to /forums and changed it to /distribution but that didn't seem to help.
narqelion wrote:What are the permissions on the images/ranks folder? :)
755, images set to 644
4Teach

Post by 4Teach »

Bullfn33 wrote:
narqelion wrote:So your images are in the following hierarchy:

Yes. I did notice in the Server settings my Script path was set to /forums and changed it to /distribution but that didn't seem to help.
narqelion wrote:What are the permissions on the images/ranks folder? :)
755, images set to 644
which version of phpbb?
Modify ProSilver's Header | Colorize ProSilver | ProSilver's Special Edition (Like PhpBB forum)

Require phpBB/MOD/style installs or alterations? contact me for more information.
we also provide Affordable & Quality web hosting with cheap domain rates.
Bullfn33

Post by Bullfn33 »

I did switch hosts and updated to 3.0.5 since I noticed they weren't showing up..so, I don't know if that messed with something but all of the paths seem to be where they should. It doesn't make much sense.
Bullfn33

Post by Bullfn33 »

I just went ahead and put the image path into the phpbb_ranks table in phpmyadmin and it showed up on the ranks list back in the ACP. However still nothing in the drop down box when trying to edit it. So it's fine, it works, it's easy to work around, no problem.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”