[BETA] Quick Reply For phpBB 2.0.6

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
chris_blessing

Post by chris_blessing »

I'm getting a parse error with 2.0.8:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '}' in D:\Websites\forums\includes\template.php(127) : eval()'d code on line 110

I checked it out a bit, but can't pinpoint the problem! I am guessing one of the {} vars isn't being parsed out properly or something. Any ideas? I'll continue to investigate.
JordyB

Post by JordyB »

This is the Parse error I get:

Parse error: parse error in /home/httpd/vhosts//httpdocs/viewtopic.php on line 667

Hope this helps if anyone wants to debug...
morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Post by morpheus2matrix »

chris_blessing wrote: I'm getting a parse error with 2.0.8:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '}' in D:\Websites\forums\includes\template.php(127) : eval()'d code on line 110

I checked it out a bit, but can't pinpoint the problem! I am guessing one of the {} vars isn't being parsed out properly or something. Any ideas? I'll continue to investigate.

Check your modifications in viewtopic_body.tpl
Former phpBB MOD-Team Member -

Forgive my bad English :(

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You can thanks me here :) - Pay me for installing MOD's :lol:
morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

JordyB wrote: This is the Parse error I get:

Parse error: parse error in /home/httpd/vhosts//httpdocs/viewtopic.php on line 667

Hope this helps if anyone wants to debug...

Check your modifications in viewtopic.php

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You can thanks me here :) - Pay me for installing MOD's :lol:
chris_blessing

Post by chris_blessing »

morpheus2matrix wrote:
chris_blessing wrote:I'm getting a parse error with 2.0.8:

Check your modifications in viewtopic_body.tpl

I did, all I did in the first place was paste in the block you provided... but I'll be trying it again today on a different pbpbb install.

Do you happen to have the code off-hand to add notifications for quick replies? Or does this already encompass that? Forgive me for not looking, it's early still. :wink:
JordyB

Post by JordyB »

Only mod I have added is the quick reply...stock 2.0.8a viewtopic file, then veiwtopic with quickreply added in suggested spot.
morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

JordyB wrote: Only mod I have added is the quick reply...stock 2.0.8a viewtopic file, then veiwtopic with quickreply added in suggested spot.

Re-try to modded the file. If you still have the error, shox me line 660 to 670

JordyB

Post by JordyB »

Think I just found the problem...sorry...got it working, funny how one line of code messsing EVERYThing up. lol
FROSTY BoSkitzo

Post by FROSTY BoSkitzo »

Look, I'm extremely apologetic should i have gone over a covered topic, but i Run a PHPBB 2.0.6 forum, and I've been getting advised to aquire some quick reply options.

And thus, i visited here, attempted the transfer of code, and somehow; SOMEHOW its fucked.(sorry for colorful use of languag) The code (on my page, line 671) appears not to be campatible; Always comes up with a parse erorr, and the Community Administrator has been away on holidays; Can anyone help me?

Code: Select all

$quick_reply_img = ( $forum_topic_data['forum_status'] == FORUM_LOCKED || $forum_topic_data['topic_status'] == TOPIC_LOCKED ) ? $images['reply_locked'] : $images['quick_reply']; 
It comes up with a parse error. i contacted my nearest concious Coding god, bothin in linux and Windows, and he helped me write a longhand version of this line. Then it didit error, HOWEVER it errored at the next line in that code.

$quick_reply_alt = ( $forum_topic_data['forum_status'] == FORUM_LOCKED || $forum_topic_data['topic_status'] == TOPIC_LOCKED ) ? $lang['Topic_locked'] : $lang['Quick_Reply_To_Topic'];
So we wrote longhand for that. Teh longand looked something like this;

if ( $forum_topic_data['forum_status'] == FORUM_LOCKED || $forum_topic_data['topic_status'] == TOPIC_LOCKED ) 
     { 
          $quick_reply_img = $images['reply_locked']; 
     } else { 
          $quick_reply_img = $images['quick_reply']; 
     } 
    // $quick_reply_img = ( $forum_topic_data['forum_status'] == FORUM_LOCKED || $forum_topic_data['topic_status'] == TOPIC_LOCKED ) ? $images['reply_locked'] : $images['quick_reply']; 
i know about the commented out part; it is so we still had the old code on hand, for reference.

But it kept erroring, Every line after this, and so on so foth. It kept having the same parse errors, and wouldnt load up a topic page AT ALL. Any page where there was meant to be a Quick reply box just came up White and failed to load.

A few possible incompatabilities i should mention;
i use DREAMWEAVER MX to edit files; for the simple reason its quicker to upload than FTP
I also use the SUBBLACK theme, adn im not entriely sure it was installed completly perfect. but it should be ok.

Can someone help me on this? i used the original code, to the pinpoint , copy and paste, in the case acctually, all these errors occured in;

VIEWTOPIC.php

Please? this is a popular band site; and theyve been giving me hell.
My thanks.

FROSTY
FROSTY bids you all a Very fine evening, and sends his regards!
FROSTY BoSkitzo

and just for the record; i dont need to check the code for several diferent reasons; its been done about 12 times; its your code-it worked for everyone else, and the coding god (mike) says the code SHOULD work.

I'm starting to believe ive encounterd a PEBKAC, and ive never been that before.

P.E.B.K.A.C. = Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Chair
morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Forgive me but i don't understand your problem :oops:

dubtribe

Post by dubtribe »

installed, works great! thank you!!!

updated to 2.0.8a and it still works great!

double thank you!

dss
Hater

Post by Hater »

Can we please have a stickied "USER ERROR" thread, that explains that if modifications work for 99% of users, the other 1% is definately user error? :oops:

Seriously, this quick reply is a very easy to install MOD. If it doesn't work, you did something wrong. Period. :arrow: .

It's called reading. Left to right, use letters to form words and sentences. Use appropriate puncuation when necessary, and watch in amazement your comprehension skills increase. The eventuality of being phpBB Mage Level 60 through mistakingly installed modifications is evident. Keep messing up, but also keep FIXING YOUR OWN MISTAKES. :D
FROSTY BoSkitzo

*blatently ignores "Haters" comment*

Exactly. no one understands this problem, so far. :S

You understand Parse error; A failing to interpret an area of code.

Well , all of the code i got off the first post in this thread, in veiwtopic.php is... for lack of a better eword, mis understood. it wont load up the page becasue o it. it makes debugging very hard. Since you guys seem Less than enthusiastic to help, im gunna tlak ot CrawZ. he back now.

No thanks guys. dont even know why i bothered.
Hater

Post by Hater »

Forgive my Nazi'isms when it comes to this, but I suggest you you look through some of the thousands of threads and topics on this forum, and take them for what they are.

Are you one of us, or one of them is really the question here.

There are thousands of posts of know-nothing help-me babies that cannot find a solution on their own for problems that are only related to their inability to follow simple binary directions. If you can't do it, don't do it. The OEM phpBB has the basic vitamins and minerals to get you by, anything else will give normal guy a head-ache..

Now, if you want REAL help, follw the instructions exactly as they say in the installation file. If for some reason the code doesn't exist, then I bet you already modified it, and you need to use *constructive thinking* to build yourself an answer based on the prediciment you've placed yourself in due to a previous modification. You cannot expect us to help you with a problem you've created yourself.

Sometimes the best help is a swift kick in the butt. Go young grasshoppers, fix your own problems with a two step process modification. :wink:

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”