User Reminder

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
oxfordsi

Re: User Reminder

Post by oxfordsi »

A liitle problem people:

Within the USER REMINDER - NOT LOGGED IN section i'm getting th following screen:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (89.28 KiB) Viewed 1199 times
It seems the screen goes off the page into the browser abyss! Anyone have any idea what the issue may be?

Thank you for your help,

Simon :D
AylaAsperger

Post by AylaAsperger »

Ever since I installed this mod on my board I get these postmaster delivery errors once in a while telling me that the reminders couldnt be delivered to the following addresses:

jasper.feenstra@student.utwente.nl / j.berkers@student.utwente.nl / v.m.roling@student.utwente.nl / b.s.meerman@student.utwente.nl / bsmeerman@yahoo.co.uk / dirkjanw@tiscali.nl

I find this very odd because these addresses don't belong to any member of my board, least of all the people who get the reminders. In the files or the database I cant find anything about why my boards reminders are also sent to these email addresses.

Getting these errors now makes me think that some time before when the addresses still worked they must have gotten carbon copies of every reminder sent from boards with this mod.

Does anyone know more about this or know how I can build this out of my mod?
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

oxfordsi wrote:A liitle problem people:

Within the USER REMINDER - NOT LOGGED IN section i'm getting th following screen:
Capture.JPG
It seems the screen goes off the page into the browser abyss! Anyone have any idea what the issue may be?

Thank you for your help,

what browser are you using and what is your screen resolution?
AylaAsperger wrote:Ever since I installed this mod on my board I get these postmaster delivery errors once in a while telling me that the reminders couldnt be delivered to the following addresses:

jasper.feenstra@student.utwente.nl / j.berkers@student.utwente.nl / v.m.roling@student.utwente.nl / b.s.meerman@student.utwente.nl / bsmeerman@yahoo.co.uk / dirkjanw@tiscali.nl

I find this very odd because these addresses don't belong to any member of my board, least of all the people who get the reminders. In the files or the database I cant find anything about why my boards reminders are also sent to these email addresses.

Getting these errors now makes me think that some time before when the addresses still worked they must have gotten carbon copies of every reminder sent from boards with this mod.

Does anyone know more about this or know how I can build this out of my mod?
they would have only been able to get copies of reminder emails if they had access to the files or board and be able to edit them.
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
Marcus Wendel

Post by Marcus Wendel »

I received the below error when I was sending reminders manually in one case, the other ones went fine. I *think* it might be caused by the user named "~Dingo~".
Warning: Unexpected character in input: ''' (ASCII=39) state=1 in /home/site1/public_html/cache/queue.php on line 3

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ':' in /home/site1/public_html/cache/queue.php on line 3
/Marcus
AylaAsperger

Post by AylaAsperger »

lefty74 wrote:they would have only been able to get copies of reminder emails if they had access to the files or board and be able to edit them.
If that is the case, then why does it try to send these reminders to those adresses as well? Because I have been receiving these postmaster errors for over a month.
oxfordsi

Post by oxfordsi »

I'm using Google Chrome. Tried it on IE6 (just to check) and all appears fine!

I was wondering also. If a user doesnt reply by visiting the site or posting etc.. will they be deleted from the forum? If so, is there anyway to turn this off so that all they get is a warning and not being automatically deleted?

lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

oxfordsi wrote:I'm using Google Chrome. Tried it on IE6 (just to check) and all appears fine!

I was wondering also. If a user doesnt reply by visiting the site or posting etc.. will they be deleted from the forum? If so, is there anyway to turn this off so that all they get is a warning and not being automatically deleted?

i never used google chrome... tested it on safari, IE and FF...
noboby is getting automatically deleted, thats not possible ;)
lefty74
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

Marcus Wendel wrote:I received the below error when I was sending reminders manually in one case, the other ones went fine. I *think* it might be caused by the user named "~Dingo~".
Warning: Unexpected character in input: ''' (ASCII=39) state=1 in /home/site1/public_html/cache/queue.php on line 3

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ':' in /home/site1/public_html/cache/queue.php on line 3
/Marcus
hi, not sure if this is a general problem or mod related, will try to have a look.
AylaAsperger wrote:
lefty74 wrote:they would have only been able to get copies of reminder emails if they had access to the files or board and be able to edit them.
If that is the case, then why does it try to send these reminders to those adresses as well? Because I have been receiving these postmaster errors for over a month.
only for reminder emails? can you confirm that they are not entered in the acp and they do not show up anywhere in the includes/functions_user_reminder.php that is on your server?
lefty74
AylaAsperger

Post by AylaAsperger »

I can confirm that they are not entered anywhere, that they are no members of my board and I don't even know any of them. They also don't show up in includes/functions_user_reminder.php. Thusfar I only remember getting back the reminders, but I will keep an eye on that to be sure.
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

AylaAsperger wrote:I can confirm that they are not entered anywhere, that they are no members of my board and I don't even know any of them. They also don't show up in includes/functions_user_reminder.php. Thusfar I only remember getting back the reminders, but I will keep an eye on that to be sure.
so what are the exact messages you are getting?
lefty74
AylaAsperger

Post by AylaAsperger »

I am getting a postmaster delivery failure with all these emailadresses and the reasons why the mails couldnt be delivered, most of them because they dont exist anymore. The message that couldnt be delivered is a reminder to one of my members.
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

Marcus Wendel wrote:I received the below error when I was sending reminders manually in one case, the other ones went fine. I *think* it might be caused by the user named "~Dingo~".

/Marcus
hi, i just registered ~Dingo~ and sent myself an email through the queue.php.

had no problem.

Code: Select all

Dear ~Dingo~,

We are writing to you as we have noticed that you registered an account on
lefty74 - MOD demoboard a little while ago.

Although your account is activated, you have yet to log in to the site. 

Please find below for your ease of reference your user details and board url.
----------------------------
Username: ~Dingo~
Password: *

Board URL: http://www.lefty74.com/thebritishshorthaircom

* Please note that your password has been encrypted in our database and we cannot retrieve it for you. Should you have forgotten your password you can request a new one which will be activated in the same way as your account.

We look forward to your participation on lefty74 - MOD demoboard shortly.

--
Thanks, The Management
could you post what is in your queue.php when you get the error (replace the email adress with adress@adress.com or something like that)?
thanks
lefty74
Ahri89

Post by Ahri89 »

Spanish translation:

[The extension zip has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

MODs translated to Spanish: ACP Add User MOD, ACP Announcement Centre, Advertisement Management, Custom Profile Fields, Update Reminder, Flood time setting per forum, MOD Version Check, Posting template, Prune Log, Simple Trash Bin, TinyPic Plugin, User Reminder, View Profile, View your topics, and more...

Sorry for my bad english xD
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

Ahri89 wrote:Spanish translation:
es.zip
lefty74
Marcus Wendel

Post by Marcus Wendel »

lefty74 wrote:hi, i just registered ~Dingo~ and sent myself an email through the queue.php.

had no problem.

Code: Select all

Dear ~Dingo~,

We are writing to you as we have noticed that you registered an account on
lefty74 - MOD demoboard a little while ago.

Although your account is activated, you have yet to log in to the site. 

Please find below for your ease of reference your user details and board url.
Username: ~Dingo~
Password: *

Board URL: http://www.lefty74.com/thebritishshorthaircom

* Please note that your password has been encrypted in our database and we cannot retrieve it for you. Should you have forgotten your password you can request a new one which will be activated in the same way as your account.

We look forward to your participation on lefty74 - MOD demoboard shortly.

--
Thanks, The Management
could you post what is in your queue.php when you get the error (replace the email adress with adress@adress.com or something like that)?
thanks
It was probably some kind of temporary error as I was not able to reproduce it. Thanks for taking the time to test it.

/Marcus

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”