phpBB Smartfeed

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
digitalperson

Re: phpBB Smartfeed

Post by digitalperson » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:20 pm

thank u veru much for the mod
but when i test the link which i have generated this error message appears

by the way : i am using localhost to test the mod

RoyaLChiLD
Name: Rıdvan Çetin

Post by RoyaLChiLD » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:24 pm

thanks nice mod
Sorry, my english isn't very good..

hefestus1

Post by hefestus1 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:43 pm

Nice mod working OK for me. Thank you very much.

MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:12 am

digitalperson wrote:thank u veru much for the mod
but when i test the link which i have generated this error message appears

by the way : i am using localhost to test the mod
I would be interested in knowing if you do a View Page Source if you see XML.

If you see XML, the most likely problem is that something is introducing invalid XML. You could run it through a XML validator to figure out the line causing the problem. Firefox will usually point you right to the offending line if there is a parsing error. This can happen if HTML is introduced into things like your board name, forum and category titles, etc. I have also seen instances where people copy and paste from Word into the posting box and save it that way, and phpBB just accepts it. I have not seen this with phpBB3 but have seen it with phpBB2. In these cases finding the offending post and editing it to remove the invalid characters has rendered a good feed.
Get the latest versions of my Digests and Smartfeed extensions.
Need phpBB services or a phpBB consultant? I offer most phpBB services.

irenedakota

Post by irenedakota » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:07 pm

sponkey wrote:
Justin_False wrote:<b>Fatal error</b>: Cannot redeclare login_db() (previously declared in /opt/phpbb3/includes/auth/auth_db.php:27) in <b>/opt/phpbb3/includes/auth/auth_db.php</b> on line <b>235</b><br />
I'm getting this same line of code appended to my feeds, regardless of feed type or other settings. What could be causing this?
I'm getting the same error on my local copy, and the following error on the identical live copy:

Code: Select all

<b>Fatal error</b>:  Call to undefined function logout_db() in <b>/home/forumsc/public_html/smartfeed.php</b> on line <b>669</b>
There are no other mods installed.

MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:07 am

Hi. The problem is the variable $new_session is never defined in smartfeed.php. Basically I copied and tailored this from session.php because smartfeed.php should not do certain things in the kill_session function in session.php.

To fix, change line 648 in smartfeed.php to:

Code: Select all

function kill_session ($new_session=true)
This is a serious bug that will be manifested if Show Smartfeed sessions in the Smartfeed ACP interface is set to yes. Most people turn it off, as I do, so it has gone unnoticed for a while.

I will need to publish a new version when I have a chance in a week or so to correct this deficiency.

IanLowe

Post by IanLowe » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:03 am

Hi Mark,

I have this error too, but am a little confused at the reasoning - in my installation, the sf_show_sessions is set to false, but I am seeing the same error...

(including after adding the workaround).

more worryingly, I'm not actually seeing an SCP entry for smartfeed - there doesn't seem to be any ACP interface to it... am I missing something?

Ian.

MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:07 pm

My kill_session function is only called if:

- Show Smartfeed sessions is set to true OR
- The user is not logged in as a founder OR
- smartfeed_url.php did not call smartfeed.php (this is a testing mode and I wanted to avoid logging people off)

You have to install an ACP interface, it is part of the DIY instructions. It sounds like you did not do this. Please refer to the install.xml file for instructions. When installed it on on the General Tab under Board Configuration.

sponkey

Post by sponkey » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:08 pm

Thanks for the solution. I changed the line of code suggested, but I'm still getting the same message attached to my RSS feeds. Any further suggestions?

sponkey

Post by sponkey » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:13 pm

Oh, I should also point out that my "Show Smartfeed sessions" setting in the ACP has been set to "No."

MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:55 pm

Thanks. Unfortunately, I am traveling today so it may be a day or two before I can look into this further.

brian3

Post by brian3 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:06 pm

Hello
First off, I want to thank you for writing a great mod and for making it free for us to all use. :)

I have just recently installed the mod and begun to use it. Everything works fine for me, but users are telling me that they cannot see the 'Smartfeed' link at the top of the forums (even though I can see it just fine). They are seeing all of the other content as new posts are coming through, so I don't think it's an issue where they'd be viewing a cached version of the page.

I'm wondering if perhaps I missed some step along the way during my install. Has anyone else experienced this before or does anyone have any tips for how to resolve so that my users can see the Smartfeed link?

Thx in advance for the help!

sponkey

Post by sponkey » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:10 pm

It sounds to me like you missed a step in the MOD instructions pertaining to overall_header.tpl. I'd look there first.

MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:02 pm

That sounds right. Sometimes the image associated with Smartfeed will not show until you clear cache and exit the browser.

brian3

Post by brian3 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:14 pm

ok - I'll check that out later.

Would a mistake like that allow me to see the link (and create the URI string, etc) though? I had expected that it would be a permission issue of some sort since I can see it, but nobody else can.

(thx for the prompt reply, btw)

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”