[ABD] Medal System MOD for phpBB3

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Shauku

Re: [Beta] Medal System MOD for phpBB3

Post by Shauku »

Gremlinn wrote:Shauku: You could use the Device to put the second/third/etc... medals over the first. They buy the same medal and each time it could "add" the device to the first medal and as long as your medals are the same size, it will cover the first.
Oh, that sounds very nice. I want, that my users can choose the way of their medals, too. So if they have medal_1, they can still choose if they want medal_2 or medal_3 or medal_4 ... ? If they choose medal_3 their should be no way to get medal_2 or medal_4. Its like an evolution way. Is this possible?
Or do you think, i can build something like this with a shop mod? "Sell medal_1 + 500 points, to get medal_3" ? :mrgreen:
Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn »

Ooh. You're getting tricky. Too tricky for this mod as I want to design I am afraid.

A shop mod might allow you to do that with an upgrade option.
Mircea007

Post by Mircea007 »

can you implement it with adrians shop mod :D
Flash Games like you never seen before
Neuropass

Post by Neuropass »

hello there, i wanted to know how i can set the mod to use png image instead of gif (this because i have a problem with shades)... thanks in advance..
Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

You can use .png, .jpg and.gif images as the medals and devices. shadows around images doesn't work too well. If someone has a solution for that, I would love to hear it. I haven't found one yet.

Mircea007: At the moment, no. But, that's not saying that I won't. I just haven't played with any of the shop mods yet.
Shauku

Post by Shauku »

Gremlinn wrote:Mircea007: At the moment, no. But, that's not saying that I won't. I just haven't played with any of the shop mods yet.
It would be a great gimmick, if something like this works. I hope you test some shopengine(s) in the next days and give a statement too us, if its possible or not... and if much work is needed to get them running. :mrgreen:

Go, Gremlinn, Go! :mrgreen: I wait with implementing until you give a forecast.
Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

Shauku: If you want medals/awards, then please go ahead and install. Don't wait for me. I am a very busy person at the moment and don't have much time to do anything right now.
Gilligan53

Post by Gilligan53 »

Gilligan: Their are two things you are seeing. One is that the medal doesn't seem to be setup properly for multiple awards. Check the medal to make sure that the medal can be awarded more than the number of times the user has it awarded to them now. Second, the username is just not displaying properly and should not be stopping the medal from being awarded, check the first issue.
1: He doesn't have a first medal even if it isn't set up for multiple awards. But it is since here are hundreds with multiple medals.

2: I even copy and pasted his name straight from his profile and it still didn't work.
USAF1N1

Post by USAF1N1 »

Everything seems to be working fine for the most part, I am able to add, nominate, view, and see medals everywhere except for when I go to view a profile.

It is giving me this error:
General Error
Language file ./language/en/mods/medals.php couldn't be opened.

Is this a missing file or a misnamed file? I do not have a medals.php in that directory, only an info_medals_mod.php

I tried changing "$user->add_lang('mods/medals'); " in the memberlist.php file to "$user->add_lang('mods/info_medals_mod'); " but I then received a PHP error.

this to be exact: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/content/e/d/g/edgewd/html/sandbox/includes/template.php(187) : eval()'d code on line 567
or this, when the template is cached: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/content/e/d/g/edgewd/html/sandbox/cache/tpl_SEO_memberlist_view.html.php on line 567

Any help you could offer would be great, thanks!
USAF1N1

Post by USAF1N1 »

[Solution Found]
Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

Gilligan53: Can you try to enter the user's cleanname (without the accent marks)? You can find it in the phpbb_users table.

USAF1N1: Good to hear. I posted a reply on my test site.
Gilligan53

Post by Gilligan53 »

Gremlinn wrote:Gilligan53: Can you try to enter the user's cleanname (without the accent marks)? You can find it in the phpbb_users table.
Medal could not be awarded to the following user(s):
remi
Medal could not be awarded to the following user(s):
rʔʔmi
mykee

Post by mykee »

I have UPS installed, and set 20 pont per medal. When user award a medal, then point will add to selected user, but not substract from sender points.
How can I use this mod, if I need to donate with a medal to a user? I think will working this:
- I select a user to a medal
- when send medal, from my points will -20 points
- selected user will +20 points

And a second question: where can I see (like moderator or administrator) if a user was nominated? :roll:
Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

Gilligan53: Have you tried to reinstall this mod? I don't normally like to do this... but, if you want, PM me with access to your site and I will take a look.

mykee: This mod is not designed the way you are explaining it. When a user is awarded a medal, the number of points assigned to that medal will be added or subtracted from that users user_points value in the phpbb_users table. That is all it is designed to do.

medal moderators and administrators will see an ! next to the medal count when viewing the user's posts or their profile.
mykee

Post by mykee »

Thanks for help, I will re-design my point plans.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”