[BETA] Forum (phpbb3) with bot response (ALICE & Hal9000)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Suggested Hosts
petrocad3d

[BETA] Forum (phpbb3) with bot response (ALICE & Hal9000)

Post by petrocad3d » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:11 am

Modification Name: phpBB3 modbot
Author: petrocad3d.com team

Modification Description: works with program E(ALICE BOT), and Hal9000, PANDORABOTS & VERBOTS
Modification Version: 0.3.0 beta version

Demo URL: here
Demo Username: dont need
Demo Password: dont need

Demo URL - French version: here
Only register user
French, japanese version is available by default

Modification Download: Click Here

Author Notes: The mod is easy to install, you only mod 1 line and add other line in posting.php, that mod is running in my forum(phpbb3) right now, four bots take 12 seconds to response the post, you have the option if you want the bot response you.

It is possible to add more bots, because this mod use fopen function in order to access the bot program online.
Last edited by petrocad3d on Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:18 pm, edited 6 times in total.

tazzarkin

Re: [DEV] Forum (phpbb3) with bot response (ALICE & Hal9000)

Post by tazzarkin » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:33 pm

Interesting... i am testing it out today. :)

petrocad3d

Post by petrocad3d » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:32 am

tazzarkin wrote:Interesting... i am testing it out today. :)
easy and funny, but that will be more FUNNY

PANDORABOT(Colossus) is replying in my forum right now. ;D

And, the best, you can brind YOU OWN pandorabots, only you need to know your botid.

Test here

3 bots are running in my forum. :P

Colossus is my pandorabots

PD: The mod with pandorabots option is not finished yet, i will write the instructions soon.

petrocad3d

Post by petrocad3d » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:46 pm

hi

The new version (0.2) is available right now, and it includes Pandorabot option. The instruccions and download is in this place.

After your bots reply your post, set with your own bots. :mrgreen:

If you have your own pandorabot, set in the file config_bot.php, line 27 with your own botid.
if you have your own program E, set in the file config_bot.php, line 9 with your own host.

:ugeek:

pieterbas12

Post by pieterbas12 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:27 pm

Nice mod!!! ;)

A question:
Can you also teach the robot in the administrators panel how he responds to certain phrases?
If he can not have this option possible in the future

petrocad3d

Post by petrocad3d » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:16 pm

pieterbas12 wrote:Nice mod!!! ;)

A question:
Can you also teach the robot in the administrators panel how he responds to certain phrases?
If he can not have this option possible in the future
Yes, you can teach the bots, but no by administrators panel in this version.

Each bot has its own tecnology (Program E is similar tecnology with Pandorabots).

Example : if you want to teach to Alissa(program E), you must chat with her. Program E uses AIML Tecnology. The community of ALICE BOT(Program E) is big.

The way is diferent for each bots. I will publish the way for each bots how can you teach to response in certain phrases.

You can teach a lot of thing like jokes, horoscope, movie, music, storie... include how can your bots play TicTacToe, hangman, battleship,....., and i amnot sure also you can play chess with your bots, of course in your forum(in a post). Say "...Tell me a joke..".

The bots are really powerfull and usefull program.

pieterbas12

Post by pieterbas12 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:36 pm

I want to use bots to send to lead games of our forum.
It will be very nice if I can through the administration panel to learn when he responds:) :D

Mr. Man123

Post by Mr. Man123 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:29 pm

Interesting concept, I will be looking at this thread as well as the other one of Forum AI development.

petrocad3d

Post by petrocad3d » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:20 am

Hi

The version 0.2.1 is ready, in this time, includes admin control panel(optional).
You dont need to create any account,(if you wish).
Message of error is managed by a minibot(introduce concept of 'group' in the message).
pieterbas12 wrote:I want to use bots to send to lead games of our forum.
It will be very nice if I can through the administration panel to learn when he responds:) :D
It is funny, play board game in your forum. :D

Learn to bots in the adminstration panel is dificult, even if, you can configurate the minibot's response in ACP. The problem each bot is they have their own tecnologies, i can do it with hal9000, but ALICE will be a bit dificult, and Pandorabots would be imposible.

Hal9000 wont be a problem, you could learn it in ACP in next versions. :D

But the next version 0.3.0 will be more powerful, because that version introduce the 'events' concept.

The next version, bring 'trigger by message', will be really really funny version. Soon it will be available for testing, really soon. :lol:

pieterbas12

Post by pieterbas12 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:43 am

Very nice to hear that ! :D

ForumDeluxe

Post by ForumDeluxe » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:23 pm

I have a few questions:

1. Can you assign this bot to a specific forum and it will respond to all topics in that forum?

2. Does this mod work with the most recent version of phpBB?

3. Can I give my bot a different name?

4. I don't want my users to have to choose the option for the bot to respond. Is there a way to set it up so they don't have to select for the bot to respond?

5. Is the bot a registered user whose post count will increase?

petrocad3d

Post by petrocad3d » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:45 am

ForumDeluxe wrote:I have a few questions:

1. Can you assign this bot to a specific forum and it will respond to all topics in that forum?

2. Does this mod work with the most recent version of phpBB?

3. Can I give my bot a different name?

4. I don't want my users to have to choose the option for the bot to respond. Is there a way to set it up so they don't have to select for the bot to respond?

5. Is the bot a registered user whose post count will increase?
1. No in this version.
2. My forum is 3.0.2 (the most recent version is 3.0.5, yes)
3. Yes, but you need to install the admin panel control
4. No, you cant. In the admin panel has a option in order to set a bot hidden. But the user need to click in yes button. I think that it wont be a problem, create that option.
5. Yes, the counter of bot works very well.

petrocad3d

Post by petrocad3d » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:47 am

This is incredible, this is impossible, not, inevitable. The bots respond by events. 6 bots are running in my forum, amazing :D

Let me explain what is 'trigger by message'
This is one of the events the bots will have.

It works in this way : image you are fun or you like a superstar. Example Avril Lavigne. And you want exprese your feelings about her. When someone talks about Avril, your bots support your superstar in your forum. impossible, but it is true.

Or you dont like some wrestler, you can set your bots in order to response his name.

but, you dont expect those bot response immediately, because this is AI program, the tarjet is that a bot has the same behavior like a human.

This program has a DELAY.

but, you dont expect those bot stay all the day in your forum.

This programs has a schedule for each bots

if you want to test this version of modbot, you dont need to register.Go here

But, if you want to create new events, you need to register. In order to create events, you need to go to the "bots - hidden forum". You understand this forum is only for admin?, i set visible for register user, but this forum is only for admin.

I create 2 events

'hi everyone'
'avril lavigne'

:mrgreen:
Last edited by petrocad3d on Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

muggins
Name: Donovan

Post by muggins » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:48 pm

I installed the bot plus the admin module on a 3.02 test board, but I'm having some trouble.

First, where is 'alissa.php'? Neither Program-E or program-O have such an interface, so I wonder if you didn't code it yourself or get it from an ALICE distribution I haven't found.

Second, I have no problem with the posting_bot.php inclusion giving a response in the name of the created user, but I get a white page after clicking the 'submit' button. When I go back to the index, there's a new post with no response.... :(

Third, congratulations! ;) You actually have some Alpha code, whereas Nexties has been stringing people along for more than a year with nothing but "buzz". :twisted:

I hope you can help me get straightened out, because this is exactly what I've been waiting for!
Muggins

petrocad3d

Post by petrocad3d » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:02 pm

muggins wrote:I installed the bot plus the admin module on a 3.02 test board, but I'm having some trouble.

First, where is 'alissa.php'? Neither Program-E or program-O have such an interface, so I wonder if you didn't code it yourself or get it from an ALICE distribution I haven't found.

Second, I have no problem with the posting_bot.php inclusion giving a response in the name of the created user, but I get a white page after clicking the 'submit' button. When I go back to the index, there's a new post with no response.... :(

Third, congratulations! ;) You actually have some Alpha code, whereas Nexties has been stringing people along for more than a year with nothing but "buzz". :twisted:

I hope you can help me get straightened out, because this is exactly what I've been waiting for!
Hi

1. It wasnot include by mistake. The file alissa.php is the same file talk.php that was renamed and deleted the unused lines. I will upload this file in the download zone. :o

2.i dont understand u very well,you installed the 0.3.2 with admin option. Your test with the name bots by default was ok?
When you create new topic, and you click the 'submit' button, the program show like this?
or you have a whie page.

or When you click the 'yes' button, you have a white page?

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”