[MODDB] Separate Login and User Name 1.0.6

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
piegus

Re: [DEV] Separate Login and User Name 1.0.6

Post by piegus »

The simplest way will be by leaving username as it's main field for logging in. And adding a displayname( in this mod called loginname) which is not so relevant.

nouveau

Post by nouveau »

piegus wrote:The simplest way will be by leaving username as it's main field for logging in. And adding a displayname( in this mod called loginname) which is not so relevant.
Thats is how the MOD origianlly started out, but it is not so simple. Especially if you want the board to reflect the display name everywhere and update all fields, tables, user and admin fucntions accordingly.

It was far simpler to leave the username field as it was and move the authentication process to loginname.

The MOD as it has quite alot of edits as is, but compared to the original concept, it has very few. This was before the time of automod and having to do all edits manually as well.
Formerly known as xceler8shun

A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

xceler8shun wrote:MOD is now validated.

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1768595

As I now run a few joomla sites with phpbb integration, I'll explore this and report back when I can sort something out. It may be joomla code changes more than phpbb.
Closed per MOD Author request due to the new topic :)
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”